Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hello and welcome to today's Match Day Thread of the glorious 2014 World Cup in Brazil. After the death of tiki-taka a couple of days ago, plucky underdogs Costa Rica made sure yesterday that It Is, in fact, Not Coming Home. Will we see another upset today in the form of tournament favorites Argentina and/or Germany losing?

No we won't.

Today features matches from groups F and G:

THE MATCHES

Argentina deservedly won their first match against Bosnia, although it was a close affair at the end due to Vedad Ibisevic's late goal. Lionel Messi and his team mates shouldn't have too much trouble against Iran, but you never know. Should they win, they're guaranteed to advance to the round of 16. A loss wouldn't be the end of the world for Iran, but it would put them in a tight spot before their final match against Bosnia.

Germany, who are Cool and Good, embarassed beta pussy bitch Cristiano Ronaldo and the other Portugese garbagemen in their first match, with Thomas Müller scoring 3 of the 4 goals. A win today would all but ensure them a spot in the next round. However, they will probably have to do without Mats Hummels, who picked up an injury in the first match. Ghana's backs are against the wall after they lost their first match against Jozy Altidore and the USMNNMNMNNMNNMNNT. Can they get a result against Germany if they couldn't even beat a team of lovely MLS failures? Probably not.

In today's final match, Bosnia (who are Serbia) will want to get a win against Nigeria, relying on goals from TRP favorite Edin Dzeko to do so. I can't think of anything else to say about this match because really, who's even gonna watch it?

Dunban fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

nice thread icon

Yeah, I remembered it just when I hit reply. Can't edit it now.

I will, obviously, never recover from this.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I am off to watch the Germany match with some friends on a huge projector while having some beers and a barbecue ftw

• Locked thread