Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
Haven't watched all that closely but has Argentina even had a solid scoring chance? Iran's gonna pull this off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.

Sombrerotron posted:

Iran's actually going to get a shot at goal, who'd've thought.

Wonder if Argentina plans on doing the same

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Why would you peel a cucumber, if you're already going to eat green plant-water mass why not eat some more green plant-water mass.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

One team is destined to be boring and the other disappointing, it's a perfect match

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Dunban posted:

I am off to watch the Germany match with some friends on a huge projector while having some beers and a barbecue ftw

Don't forget the cucumbers

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

That Bosnia vs whoever match later today has a really high risk of boring though, Bosnia is playing in it.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Agrajag posted:

Iran win yet? I fell asleep 3 minutes into the first half. *falls asleep 50 seconds into second half*

Yes, that's how they won.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

are all the other matches today forecast to be as trash as this one? Cuz there's a museum exhibition going on not far from me that i've wanted to check out for a while

Germany - Ghana will be good Nigeria - Bosnia bad.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

I'm irrationally upset that the Iranians were that upset with a correct decision.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Welcome to Argentina, FIFA watching rookies

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Argentina is usually not a very dominating team by the way! Sometimes they make it to quarters, sometimes they don't.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Agrajag posted:

Praise allah inshallah

Well that's just nonsense isn't it?

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

At least things got entertaining for a while! I'm not sure how far Argentina think they're going to get on nothing but Messi herogoals.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

belgend posted:

people here were like "oof argies in the quarters if we get there" and now i feel like this isn't such a bad deal???

Why would they say that? Argentina never makes it past the quarters.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Fine match, Germany's probably going to win again.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

My love for Klose knows no bounds

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Germany plays entertaining footballs

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

The match was markedly improved by the entrance of Miroslav Klose.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

White shirts Spahic. White shirts.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

I've seen Spahic kick the ball to a Nigerian 4 times now what the hell man

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

I support both teams' decision to not defend

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Nigeria's offensive plan is to wait for Spahic to gently caress up and/or shoot from a mile away and it's served them very well

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Bosnia is exceeding my expectations a little bit

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Tough for Bosnia, a goal disallowed on a bad offside decision that very few linesmen would make, and then scored on after a good non-call that very few refs would make. But on the other hand it's Bosnia and Nigeria so who cares, no one outside of Bosnia and Nigeria I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Bosnians are generally really cool people.

I don't know, that Besic looked like such a baby faced little poo poo

• Locked thread