Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
goats are the best animal
you gain brouzouf
bullshit! ultra-failed attack
goku
i don't have a fourth option but i'm too lazy to change it to less options so click this one too if you want to but i don't care either way. i just refuse to ever make a thread that doesn't have a poll in it. well, have a nice day
View Results

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Space Hamlet posted:

"Why should I play E.Y.E.?"

eye is a cool game. tell your eye stories.

you can skip part of the tutorial by unloading a gun into the wall, getting lucky, and hitting the npc at the end

my roommate's first death was when he tried to hack a door and it killed him in retaliation for his ignorance.

edit imported from Games:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Keep in mind that amongst all of the batshit stuff the devs felt it was necessary to include a 'realistic' ammo system for weapons, so if you reload a clip you're going to take out the entire thing and put in a fresh one, wasting any leftover bullets in the old one you'd been using. Try to get as much use out of a single one as you can before reloading, and your ammo will last a lot longer. As a chronic reloader in FPS games this took some time to get used to.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Someone just gifted this to me, and as I understand it, it's an RPG FPS that doesn't suck a la Borderlands. I'm excited, my keybindings are ready.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
every time i see lowtax online he is playing this game

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just got this for a dollar, was it worth it?!

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
definitely. It's a little on the short side but has pretty good replayability and a cool variety of levels. Also, it has a barely coherent, poorly translated plot, which is great if you're into that sort of thing

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
the recursive werewolf power is pretty good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

AHungryRobot posted:

the recursive werewolf power is pretty good

this came after i started on the post but it's so loving great it goes to the top of this one. i can't see recursive werewolf without laughing

get ready to throw this the gently caress out the window

this game is worth it. it is super fun. here's some stuff:

-you can get so strong that you can jump 50ft in the air while fully armored and carrying a sniper minigun. there is no prerequisite to endurance for doing this, so you can casually hop around shattering and repairing your legs
-there's a magnum that fires antitank rounds
-every gun owns. every one. even the rotten mound.

here's some good helpful games posts:

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Advice to newbies: When the game starts and you get to the wacky stat screen, set all 3 options to Metastreumonic and mash the reroll button until almost everything is green (at least Accuracy, Agility, Strength, Endurance and Psi anyway). Then don't spend any levelup points until you're at the citadel and can see the requirements to buy each weapon. Increasing stats doesn't make much of a difference for a long time so just level whatever you need to meet requirements for weapons and powers.

extra advice: mental health is the worst stat and is unneeded, much like irl

tuluk posted:

basically all the action keys for E.Y.E. are at the bottom of your keyboard: Z X V C B

Z fires off the active psi-power
X cycles through psi-powers
C is the action circle where powers can be shortcuted.
V fires off maintenance mode to stop hemorraging or fix broken legs or recover sanity
B brings up the inventory/skills/research/action powers/cybertech menu.

you should probably replace the keybindings for Q or E keys to "summon polyclones" or hacking.
Personally I hardset Q & E keys to be psi-cloak and cybervision (those 2 powers require brozefs & a vendor to be unlocked)

Space Hamlet posted:

Haha back when I was playin my level 60 guy I had poo poo bound to Z, X, C, V, B, F, L, Q, E, K, O, ;, ', mwheelup, mwheeldown, caps lock, possibly more. Figuring out how to juggle a million abilities was so cool

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Schnedwob posted:

definitely. It's a little on the short side but has pretty good replayability and a cool variety of levels. Also, it has a barely coherent, poorly translated plot, which is great if you're into that sort of thing

it also has 4 player co-op, lets you change difficulty between maps, and lets you change amount of dudes that spawn and attack you.

set the game to w/e difficulty you can handle and have a million dudes spawn and lawnmower through them with friends

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
also it has leaning which is an FPS fetish of mine

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Huh this sounds pretty interesting, is it multiplayer, co-op, or single player?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There seems to be a 4 player co-op but it is primarily SP.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

surc posted:

Huh this sounds pretty interesting, is it multiplayer, co-op, or single player?

It is all of those things.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

anime gently caress pillow posted:

There seems to be a 4 player co-op but it is primarily SP.

you can do it as either

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
it is the morrowind of fps games

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think you all understand how excited I am to play this game. Hell, I have my DS fully charged at home and I haven't j/o'd in a week, but home time is all about the motherfucking CyberPunk today.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Y is everyone playing this? Please no Essays, 1 sentence max

Dec 26, 2012

Is it fascism yet posted:

its jank as poo poo in all the right ways and anything resembling a plot is incoherent and insane

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

01011001 posted:

jank as poo poo in all the right ways

if you can't say this about a game i don't care about it probably

once you get past having a million powers it is fun as gently caress

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Remember when there was an inside joke when goons were telling other goons that this game is good?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Remember when there was an inside joke about this game being jank as poo poo and then it turned out to be true and several goons committed spiritual self-immolation about it?

e: it's a shame that setting up the SDK for this poo poo is so unwieldy, I'd be making custom clusterfuck campaigns in a heartbeat

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
there's a loving EYE SDK?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
There is, but like I said it's a oval office to set up, and the developers are absolutely no help, being that they're all frogs. I actually got it working at one point before steam had that big file location change and hosed over every non-Valve source game's SDK.

anyway here's the only worthwhile map I know of: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/http://www.mediafire.com/download/k8zdro5stmeq2uz/Sector07third.rar

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The currency is called brosef

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
speaking of the tutorial, what the hell is the purpose of that pit-room accessed via the long-rear end air vent? I don't get it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the shooting and powers are fun, the co-op is crazy in good ways, and the plot is all poorly translated from french & almost all of your dialog choices involve insulting or threatening people

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

example convo tree in EYE

Hey, what do you want? Are you too stupid to know that we are enemies!!!

1. Tell me what you know or get out of my face, before i tear it off!
2. I'm leaving, you useless poo poo, piece of piss, fucker.
3. If we're enemies, I guess its time for you to die!

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 22, 2014

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I didn't even add the multiple exclamation points as a joke, usually the game includes them on its own

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lesbian baphomet posted:

example convo tree in EYE

Hey, what do you want? Are you too stupid to know that we are enemies!!!

1. Tell me what you know or get out of my face, before i tear it off!
2. I'm leaving, you useless poo poo, piece of piss, fucker.
3. If we're enemies, I guess its time for you to die!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

this game seems to be on par with eastern european games when it comes to batshit insanity

didn't know the frogs had it in them

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ekster posted:

this game seems to be on par with eastern european games when it comes to batshit insanity

didn't know the frogs had it in them

its the only french game i can think of with any merit, and even then its constantly at risk of crashing or breaking

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lesbian baphomet posted:

its the only french game i can think of with any merit, and even then its constantly at risk of crashing or breaking

Rayman 2: The Great Escape is the only other good French game.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Rayman is French, too, and is the only decent thing attached to ubisoft

e: beaten

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I apologize to Rayman for forgetting.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i thought rayman was french canadian and yeah somehow that matters

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Dongslayer. posted:

i thought rayman was french canadian and yeah somehow that matters

Rayman 2 was developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, in France.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Human enemies seem to have special random traits, like being a geek or an alcoholic, and the only way you ever find out about this is when an achievement for killing one of those pops up.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
no, it appears on screen whenever you kill a loving and caring father or any other such trait

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what is the recursive werewolf thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

scalded schlong posted:

what is the recursive werewolf thing

if anyone digs up the best description of this from the games thread that includes sniper application i will be happy

• Locked thread