Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
goats are the best animal
you gain brouzouf
bullshit! ultra-failed attack
goku
i don't have a fourth option but i'm too lazy to change it to less options so click this one too if you want to but i don't care either way. i just refuse to ever make a thread that doesn't have a poll in it. well, have a nice day
View Results

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

also: You can hack the Interceptor Plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
so i started playing this game a couple days ago. didnt seem that great at first, the atmosphere is cool and weird, but the overly long levels and respawning enemies were a bit annoying tbh.

hours later im running through a martian hellscape killing rasta weed pirates and cyberdemons with that gun from bladerunner, getting hacked by doors and antennas and sacrificing dudes to a skellington king. eagerly awaiting the end of this mission so i can buy a mind power that lets me teleport werewolves into people

good game

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
What's the deal with those strange ladies wearing white gowns, wielding assault rifles? I'm sure there's a logical explanation to them

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

they all ghosts of some priestess that died from exposure to the metastreumonic force or smth. it's written in one of the terminals in the archives i think

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
They're manifestations of the metastreumonic force. The right question to ask, then, isn't what they are, but why the force has deigned to manifest itself in this manner rather than some monster; and there's a very good answer to that I'm not going to tell you.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I met three of them in a tunnel and all they did was tell me weird stories and then stand there vacantly

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Those stories, and the robed women, all make more sense in light of the true endings. Just follow the the path of the cosmic purification octuple equilibrium and pay attention to the absurdity all around you

Space Hamlet fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 29, 2014

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Ball Cupper posted:

What's the deal with those strange ladies wearing white gowns, wielding assault rifles? I'm sure there's a logical explanation to them

some guy in the temple/base place mentions a theory that they are in the image of some high priestess who was tortuously executed by her husband after she violated some major taboo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

eye divine cybermancy by streum-on studios

meta-streum-on-ic force

:v:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the same studio is making this

http://www.spacehulk-deathwing.com/

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Poniard posted:

eye divine cybermancy by streum-on studios

meta-streum-on-ic force

:v:

:mrgw: :q:

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I implore those who have discovered the true secrets of secrets of the necrocybermancy to not speak of it to travelers; for the answers are deep inside your own being, and understanding can only be discovered through following one's own path to the supreme illumination, to the perfect accomplishment. To break your vow of silence would be a violation of our sacred laws, punishible by the torture of the death tree. I must stop now because I'm expected at the red border of the known universe. Go in peace!

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

bef posted:

yeah i'll probably get that

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

bef posted:

I guess EYE's lore is sort of like Warhammer's in a way, so they will make it good. However, I'd still prefer they did something else.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
sometimes i start eye and just take pictures of cool things. here's two that are good

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i dropped this game cause skill progression seemed to be a huge slog. really wanted to get my hacking way up. will prob try it again soon tho

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
theres a mod for this game that rewrites the text to be coherant

that kind of feels like its missing the point

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

The Kins posted:

theres a mod for this game that rewrites the text to be coherant

that kind of feels like its missing the point

I would probably use a mod like that if it took the French script and actually gave it a good translation.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the translation you've got is pretty spot-on

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Helicopters and cyberdemons won't stop pushing my poo poo in

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
push their poo poo in first. you need armor piercing

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I have a spare copy of this game. If anyone wants it, first friend first serve: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aegof/

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
:mrgw:

sexy cougar on the prowl fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 30, 2014

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Change thread title to ultra violent party.

Dec 26, 2012

Crewmine posted:

Helicopters and cyberdemons won't stop pushing my poo poo in

hack the helicopters

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

lesbian baphomet posted:

lots and lots of hack tips:

you can reroll the starting stats in the hacking menu: keep clicking off and onto the thing you want to hack until you have an okay advantage or not too bad of a disadvantage. if their stats are consistently much better than yours, then they probably have a much better hack skill than you and are probably not worth attacking.

Having "negative" attack (their defense is higher than your offense) still does damage, and can even do more damage than having a slight attack advantage! For example, if you're at 75 atk versus 72 def, you're gonna do around 3 damage per attack generally, plus or minus a bit for random rolls. But if your attack is 0 and their defense is Anything, you can deal anywhere in the vague range of 1-20ish...

fuckin love this game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my favorite thing so far has been reading the ads. something about them is so charming

i was playing with a goon and we found one that was like 'get rid of your crazy ex' and we couldn't decide if the chick in the ad was the crazy ex you'd be getting rid of, or if this was some kind of weird forward facing ad in which the woman wielding the gun in the ad was meant to appeal to a female audience which wanted to shoot their ex dead

game is fun and good, and once i beat it i am gonna read the chat because i have no idea what is going on

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
EYE: Wow!!! Dis gonna be hardcore, man, an ultra-violent party.

(probably too long)

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008

Hog Butcher posted:

(probably too long)

Change thread tag to

sexy cougar on the prowl fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 1, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
that's lo pan!!

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Hog Butcher posted:

(probably too long)

Just use your hack ability on the forums to change it. Cant be too hard to hack.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Lewie posted:

Change thread tag to

i find both parties in this conversation to be super rude. i think we need less cybermancy and more cyberkindness.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jians...christ, I'm mad just thinking about those fuckers. I wanna use my cyber powers to cave their heads in. You haven't lived until you save and then murder that cocky son of a bitch and then murder everyone else in the citadel.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

is there a way to make the font bigger? i found this one mod that does it but it rewrites everything and i want to get the whole janky experience the first time i play

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

'finished' the game today siding with my mentor bro, no idea what the gently caress happened. good gaem

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

grate deceiver posted:

'finished' the game today siding with my mentor bro, no idea what the gently caress happened. good gaem

You're not done yet, traveler.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I'd love to play this again but I got sick of it crashing all the time. Battle my way through most of a level, go through a loading transition *crash*. Start the game and do that loving 20 mile run from one side of the base to the other so I can start the mission again. Is there any way to just jump straight to a mission and not have to do all that drat walking?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i have never had eye crash on me, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
source just seems to either crash or not crash. depends on how much it likes your computer.

• Locked thread