Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fattata and Podgey

You have to make sure they know their place as the betas in this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is this that game that has the pigeon dating sim?
No, that's Pokemon: Pigeon Passion Pink.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Are you sure saving Pidgey was a good idea? Going against the Rattata gangs may lower your own Rattata's loyalty, which could cause it to go and sell you out to either the gang or the cops or both at once (another mechanic mercifully removed in later games, god knows how many times I game over'd because of this)

Also,

goatface posted:

Fattata and Podgey

this as my naming vote.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Name it Murderbird and power-level it into a Pidgeot like that BirdJesus.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
can you please catch a Dugtrio it' my favorite pokemon please

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are you sure saving Pidgey was a good idea? Going against the Rattata gangs may lower your own Rattata's loyalty, which could cause it to go and sell you out to either the gang or the cops or both at once (another mechanic mercifully removed in later games, god knows how many times I game over'd because of this)
Snitches get stitches, and my Pokemon understand this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Putty posted:

can you please catch a Dugtrio it' my favorite pokemon please
I will see what I can do for you, friend citizen.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Pidgey and Rattata, for they love to do the classic "twin dopplegangers" routine to confuse passers-by about who's who.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Name the Pidgey Ratmon and the Ratmon Spaghetti.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I really like birds, so you should name the Pidgey after something that birds like, like "Dignity" or "Flopping Bird", after the seminal Genesis game that inspired the Pokemon Pidgey. Careful not to give the Pidgey too much bread. I read a meme picture with a duck on it and it said that will kill your Pokemon.

The Rattata is a traitor to birds and to the rattatas who bully birds. I don't think that kind of Pokemon deserves a name, so I won't suggest one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

New video update, everyone!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I realize you ran out of time in the video, but I hope you will eventually show us the secret ending where you run away because you're fed up with the violence.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

You’ll also be able to decide the color of shirt I wear while posting updates.

This thread needs fanart.

Not pictured; all the sex LP superstars must have.

Nuffkins fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 8, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nuffkins posted:

This thread needs fanart.

Not pictured; all the sex LP superstars must have.
Thanks! I declare you an honorary member of the Nintendo Fan Club.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Update 4 - Veridian Dynamics: Pokemon. Fun.

Looks like this LP’s really starting to pick up steam! Being a Let’s Play superstar, I’ve recently gained a sponsor. So before we head into Viridian City, let’s just take a moment to thank them.

“Here at Veridian Dynamics, we believe you have a choice. A choice between being friends with your Pokemon and winning. When you treat your Pokemon like a person, you coddle them, making them weak. But Pokemon aren’t people. They’re animals made to kill. Veridian Dynamics: Friendship. It’s for losers.”

Please welcome our two newest team members, Pudgy and Frittata!

Now that we’ve arrived in Viridian City, we can take on Giovanni, leader of the Viridian Gym, to earn our first badge! Giovanni is also the leader of Team Rocket, an organization dedicated to justice in the Pokemon series.

But first we’ll need to deliver Oak’s Parcel. We have two choices – deliver it to the local Pokemon Center for Paragon points, or sell it to a black-market dealer in Pokemon Items (in Japan, Items no Pocket Monster) for Renegade points. Since this is a Paragon run, we deliver it to the Pokemon Center.

In exchange, we’re given a Pokedex, which contains a description of all 86 known Pokemon. Later games would require you to fill out the Pokedex yourself, but that’s ridiculous. Pokemon have been identified.

Unfortunately, the Viridian Gym is closed, so we’ll have to head elsewhere if we want to become Pokemon master. That means going to Pewter City to take on Brock, head of the Boulder Gym, to earn the Pewter Badge.

But kudzu vines have grown across the path to Pewter City, making it inaccessible. A colorful local tells us we’re going to have to Route 22 in order to learn the Cut technique, taught by an elusive martial artist.

Route 22 is home to three Pokemon, including the monkey Pokemon Mankey, the caterpillar Pokemon Caterpie, and the nidora Pokemon Nidoran. Later versions of the game would have both male and female Nidoran evolution lines, due to pressure by conservative social groups to introduce the gender binary to the game.

We capture all three, rounding out our Pokemon team at six. When we get more Pokemon, we’re going to have to rotate some out, and I’ll let you choose my team makeup. Obviously Weed Goku is staying.

: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

We arrive at the Cut master’s house, only to discover that Digimon beat us to it! Time for battle!

This time, Digimon has also acquired a Pidgey. We’ll show him the power of friendship! Go, Caterpie!

Caterpie promptly gets his rear end kicked. We probably shouldn’t have asked it to fight its natural predator. Time to pull out the big guns!

Weed Goku has learned a new attack, Drain Attack, which drains life from his enemies. He makes quick work of Pidgey.

Squirtle doesn’t fare much better.

We’re victorious! With our rival defeated, we’re free to learn Cut. Sadly we haven’t prevented him from learning it, and if we don’t hurry he’ll beat us to the Pewter Badge.

Next time, Pewter City! But first, another word from our sponsor.

“Here at Veridian Dynamics, we believe you can’t have too much of a good thing. Like Mew. That’s why we’ve cloned Mew, and made it stronger, and given it the power to kill with its mind. Veridian Dynamics: Mewtwo. Twice as good.”

Please name our Mankey, Caterpie, and Nidoran.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 8, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Monkey
Caterpillar
Thing

e- I realize Caterpillar will eventually morph into a Butterfly, making his name ironic, however legally changing your Pokemon's name should be possible by that point and is a fairly painless process, provided you can accurately fill out all the paperwork

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 8, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fun fact: Caterpie is an invasive species from the Jintoh region. In Pokemon III-2 if you use a glitch you can return to Route 22 and find it devoid of all plant life.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GNU Order posted:

e- I realize Caterpillar will eventually morph into a Butterfly, making his name ironic, however legally changing your Pokemon's name should be possible by that point and is a fairly painless process, provided you can accurately fill out all the paperwork
There's a notary public in Fuschia City, so don't worry about evolutions.

GorfZaplen posted:

Fun fact: Caterpie is an invasive species from the Jintoh region. In Pokemon III-2 if you use a glitch you can return to Route 22 and find it devoid of all plant life.
I will try to keep it away from Weed Goku.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Name them all ted.

Livewire42 fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 8, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Livewire42 posted:

Name them all ted.
They're probably better off that way.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
name one Putty please I have always wanted to self-insert myself into let us play and be transported into the videogame

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Name your Nidoran Richard I, since it eventually evolves into a lion.

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

That squirtle :stare:

also

BRUCE KEY
FONDUE
THE BEAST

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Putty posted:

name one Putty please I have always wanted to self-insert myself into let us play and be transported into the videogame

Self-inserting into a Let's Play is stupid and nobody should ever do it, especially a Pokemon Let's Play.

Just call the nidoran Nidoran and let it turn into Nidorunning and Nidoking naturally.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
rear end Turd
Limp Dick
Horny Dad 420

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Putty posted:

I will try to capture a Ditto and name it Putty.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I think it's very worrying that you're not warning the readers about what happens when you forget to disarm the booby trap on the parcel. This is highly irresponsible behavior and I would have expected better from an LP Superstar like you, FactsAreUseless. :mad:

Regardless, Hello Kitty, Beedrill and Trunks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Geemer posted:

I think it's very worrying that you're not warning the readers about what happens when you forget to disarm the booby trap on the parcel. This is highly irresponsible behavior and I would have expected better from an LP Superstar like you, FactsAreUseless. :mad:

Regardless, Hello Kitty, Beedrill and Trunks.
I always just tank the damage. Frankly the game's easy enough.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Nidoking posted:

Self-inserting into a Let's Play is stupid and nobody should ever do it, especially a Pokemon Let's Play.

you cannot crush my dreams

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Are you gonna let coffee guy on the path to Pewter teach you how to catch Missingno?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Are you gonna let coffee guy on the path to Pewter teach you how to catch Missingno?
I don't know what that is.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Mankey - MarkyMark

Caterpie - TheMonarch

Nidoran - DuranDuran

E: Cut out a dumb joke for being super-dumb.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 10, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rahonavis posted:

And if you manage to work out the glitch that lets you catch a Rapteryx, the Raptor Pokemon, I'd be honored if you named her after me.
Did you just make up a fake Pokemon so that you could have a self-insert in somebody else's Pokemon LP?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Putty posted:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This thread owns. You own.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Can you include scare-cam during the cave segments?

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope you'll be shedding some light on when in the official timeline this game takes place.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

NeuroticLich posted:

I hope you'll be shedding some light on when in the official timeline this game takes place.

Should the alternate timelines be included? They're kind of confusing, but it wouldn't be a 100% run without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Can you include scare-cam during the cave segments?
Yes, but the caves are very dark, so I don't know if you'll be able to see me.

• Locked thread