Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RogueLemming
Sep 11, 2006

Spinning or Deformed?

Sypher posted:

I suffer from Major Depression Disorder and Anxiety, which they know. I also have a bad drinking problem(two people knew); however, none of this has impacted my work.

Sypher posted:

But isn't my anxiety disorder and possible panic attacks covered? They pretty much said "Your anxiety is making other people feel uncomfortable"

It's very nice that YOU think that all of this doesn't impact your work, but you sound like a walking liability in a pharmacy. I'd sure as poo poo be uncomfortable with you handling medication, both as a customer or an owner (and probably as a co-worker, too).

Sypher posted:

I have never been disciplined. There is nothing with my signature on it stating I misbehaved or didn't perform my job duties(In fact, I was probably the hardest working employee there. All others were more concerned with text messaging and words with friends).

Maybe this is true...but it's funny how pretty much every employee who is let go or asked to leave is always so sure they were the only thing holding the place together. Also, this makes you seem like you had an arrogant attitude towards your co-workers.

To me, everything you've written comes off as, "Poor me, poor me I was a model employee until the MAN just unfairly decided to cut my hours for no reason because I have NEVER done a single thing wrong. Who do I need to sue to get all the money I deserve?". From my years in retail, you seem like an insufferable co-worker and the other 5 employees probably got tired of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RogueLemming
Sep 11, 2006

Spinning or Deformed?

Sypher posted:

Other than my anxiety issues, they most likely cut my hours because the Tech I replaced came back and wanted full time hours.

This is like, one of those "important details" that you left out of your OP. You're again vague on how/why they left and came back, but it seems like there are two general reasons they would bring them back and give them your hours:
1. You were temporarily filling the position, or
2. Given the choice between you two, someone thought it was worth the effort to bring them back over continuing with you.

So you have a job that was either temporary or that you weren't doing as well at as you think you were, the nature of which does not mix with your drug addiction and psychological issues, and that you CHOSE to leave.

I'm struggling to see why you think you should get unemployment?

Sypher posted:

And yes, I would say I am a pretty drat good employee. The owner of the front store(a separate entity of the pharmacy) has already offered me a management position at a store he is opening in a few months if I don't find anything in the mean time.

Let me guess:
"Well I don't have anything for you right now, but you should try when our new store opens in a few months."
= "You have a guaranteed job!"

Shbobdb posted:

In NYC I had to show up. Because of my new job, I couldn't actually appear but I sent a representative to the court to represent me (just a buddy with a flexible work schedule). My former employer didn't show, so I won.

Half of life is just showing up.

If you had a new job, why were you in court for unemployment?

• Locked thread