Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The best thing to do is show up in court. In my experience, most employers don't actually show, so the case defaults to you. If not, protect yourself with the disability discrimination poo poo. After that, it is he said/she said. Thankfully, judges tend to favor the person seeking unemployment.

So, show up, look nice, be ready to defend yourself and it should be OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
In NYC I had to show up. Because of my new job, I couldn't actually appear but I sent a representative to the court to represent me (just a buddy with a flexible work schedule). My former employer didn't show, so I won.

Half of life is just showing up.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Because that poo poo is retroactive? I didn't want to have to pay back the two months I spend on unemployment, nor should I have had to.

• Locked thread