Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Appeal it. I won a 'for cause' firing because the company didn't have anything concrete and I didn't actually break any rules.

Like the previous poster says, constructive dismissal in CA:
"In order to establish a constructive discharge, an employee must plead and prove, by the usual preponderance of the evidence standard, that the employer either intentionally created or knowingly permitted working conditions that were so intolerable or aggravated at the time of the employee's resignation that a reasonable employer would realize that a reasonable person in the employee's position would be compelled to resign." (Wiki)

EugeneJ posted:

I don't tell anyone at work about my home life.

Treat it like an acting gig. You go there to play a role.

If you can't do that...you probably shouldn't be working until your problems are under control.
This. I'm pretty social with my coworkers, but we don't share everything. If you have mental disorders and alcoholism, you probably shouldn't share that..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Shbobdb posted:

The best thing to do is show up in court. In my experience, most employers don't actually show, so the case defaults to you. If not, protect yourself with the disability discrimination poo poo. After that, it is he said/she said. Thankfully, judges tend to favor the person seeking unemployment.

So, show up, look nice, be ready to defend yourself and it should be OK.
Court? Should be a phone call with a judge, no?

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

RogueLemming posted:

If you had a new job, why were you in court for unemployment?
You just wrote off your credibility on anything UI related. Jesus. Really?

• Locked thread