Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Big alpha Ronald crushes US&A with crisp cross to win 2-2

Tiki taka death twitch and wins over kangaroo defence 3-0
Both teams out

Oranje juice quenches chile 2-0
Both teams through

Brazil boots Cameroon 4-1 out. game sucked IMO

Mexican coach owns and also they win 3-1
Not sure who won the fight in the stands though.

England gets a glimpse of future talent, playing a dour 0-0 draw against future world champions Costa Rica

Suarez bites a man, hurts big teeth and claims conspiracy. Also Italy going home losing 1-0

loving Greece beats 1000% elephants because they can even walk straight and I assume a nazi referee. 2-1

Columbia tops pool, remains unbeaten after crushing polite blue samurai 4-1

Messi scores twice on his happy birthday 3-2 vs Nigeria which is good enough to see them both through

Bosnia spoils Iran and they are both going home 3-1

I wrote this on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

gently caress Messi.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
luis suarez is a oval office and i hope he never plays again lol

Carrier
May 12, 2009

manchego posted:

i hope hes banned from football forever, all types of football, even park football, or kicking a tennis ball around in the hallway

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

good thread good av op

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

i hope suarez gets banned for 2 years and then gets it reduced to 2 weeks on appeal and then immediately does a racism and bites someone in his first game back and then someone breaks his legs

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Carrier posted:

i hope hes banned from football forever, all types of football, even park football, or kicking a tennis ball around in the hallway
people take to throwing balls at him whenever he goes out, partially to force him to violate his ban, but partly on its own merit

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

people take to throwing balls at him whenever he goes out, partially to force him to violate his ban, but partly on its own merit

id like to brutally throw balls at his head, or hell, even rocks

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

manchego posted:

yeah this

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Carrier posted:

id like to brutally throw balls at his head, or hell, even rocks

bhyo...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the forums were down when suarez bit a guy and i can't believe it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fag Boy Jim posted:

the forums were down when suarez bit a guy and i can't believe it

The greatest injustice of our time.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Madrid and Barca still in for Suarez, or did he just blow that up too?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Bogan Krkic posted:

good thread good av op

Noice.

Also England should stop all sports because they are real bad and lose a lot.

Cricket, union, football. Lol also.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Ive been chompin at the bit to read about it on TRP

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
It's must be weird to be in Uruguay right now defending a weirdo biter man because he he's good at a sport.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shrapnig posted:

the only thing that could have been worse if it happened when Jozy scored a hat-trick against Germany or some poo poo, it's horrible

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I literally had a seizure not being able to discuss and read discussions about the World Cup events of this week, chaps.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

TraderStav posted:

I literally had a seizure not being able to discuss and read discussions about the World Cup events of this week, chaps.

I too was a bit peeved

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

manchego posted:

same op I feel bad for the CL team that buys him and gets drawn in the same group as Roma or Napoli.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

i'm mostly just pissed off that england don't exit this world cup as unofficial world champions

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Carrier posted:

I too was a bit peeved

I had to bother co-workers and neighbors with all of the inane banter I had pent up. I desperately wanted to post about the 150 some odd folks who cashed in on the bet that Suarez would bite someone in this world cup.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
What did you guys think of the Ecuador-France match?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

-Spiffy- posted:

It's must be weird to be in Uruguay right now defending a weirdo biter man because he he's good at a sport.

I don't know why it would be weird, nothing happened

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I had to bother co-workers and neighbors with all of the inane banter I had pent up. I desperately wanted to post about the 150 some odd folks who cashed in on the bet that Suarez would bite someone in this world cup.

Let it out

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I'm actually 100% non ironically glad Luis Suarez bit someone again.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

tbp posted:

you're going to have to explain this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tbp posted:

Is it because he wont leave Liverpool after this?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Chris de Sperg posted:

you're going to have to explain this

Gigi Galli posted:

Is it because he wont leave Liverpool after this?

I hadn't really even thought of that though it does help but I just love how ludicrously loving insane he is. It's so beyond explanation that I have to enjoy it, like once was retarded enough, twice was far over the line of anything you'd ever expect to see in a football match, but a third time in the middle of a must-win World Cup match still tied at 0-0 is so mindblowingly ridiculous that I am glad such an event occurred.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

tbp posted:

I hadn't really even thought of that though it does help but I just love how ludicrously loving insane he is. It's so beyond explanation that I have to enjoy it, like once was retarded enough, twice was far over the line of anything you'd ever expect to see in a football match, but a third time in the middle of a must-win World Cup match still tied at 0-0 is so mindblowingly ridiculous that I am glad such an event occurred.
football, bloody hell

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

same op I feel bad for the CL team that buys him and gets drawn in the same group as Roma or Napoli.

I too am quite intrigued by this idea.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Guacamayo posted:

What did you guys think of the Ecuador-France match?
Univision commentators seemed kinda shocked with Ecuador's performance.

I'll be honest, so was I.

I don't know if they didn't give a poo poo, they thought they were qualified, or they had gotten bribed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Biting is cool and it was cool that he bit someone.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

kri kri posted:

Let it out

Nobody showed up to welcome the English players home. :lol:

Marchisio's red card was bullshit.

Greece loving owned, for once. So proud for my father's home country, we're going to get crushed by CR.

Fell asleep watching Russia play, again.

I love football.

Tomorrow will be awesome.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Real talk I don't know the procedures for this, assuming he's banned for the rest of the tournament is he allowed to appeal and stave off a game or so? Or is that just completely out of the water considering his history.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
You people who want him banned for life are crazy, he's a headcase and good for a guaranteed circus ban every season. He has literally been banned every season since the last world cup. I don't even think he's been sent off since then either.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Suarez owns, get over it babies

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kill: Suarez, Messi, Uruguay, Greece, mexican refs
Best: Shaqiri, Darmian, Enyeama, Dzeko

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

tbp posted:

Same here, op. I also love the amount of outrage it has stirred up, my friends family and coworkers that don't know the first loving thing about football are all asking me about the guy who bit another guy.

Unfortunately most of them don't remember that it's the same guy who did that hand thing four years ago - the USA were knocked out by then so most people around here didn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

tbp posted:

Real talk I don't know the procedures for this, assuming he's banned for the rest of the tournament is he allowed to appeal and stave off a game or so? Or is that just completely out of the water considering his history.
I think his appeal is now, no way will he be playing in their next game

• Locked thread