Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

franks posted:

Get this: Greece literally won a major international tournament in the last decade. Also they're real boring and bad to watch.

Im confused you said greece then you started to talk about england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Dunno why people post that goku gif when he had the sweetest mullet ever in the 80s or whatever.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Mans posted:

They literally won 1-0 in all knockout stages all the way to their victory.

This but Spain in South Africa

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Greece has what it has. Can't really blame them for the way they play.

Also them winning the Euro Cup was sweet as hell. Giant slayers are awesome no matter how boring they are.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

The Finn posted:

It's a challenge usually reserved for another thread, but yeah, the inside of it. If you want of course. World Cup fever running wild itf.

gently caress it, alright. Here's the beverage fridge in the garage:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

anyone else remember the time luis suarez bit three men and literally ruined his career

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

FullLeatherJacket posted:

anyone else remember the time luis suarez bit three men and literally ruined his career

No but I remember the time Manchester United were behind Liverpool by 14 points and I asked you about it and you literally said "points don't matter"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

it's a cunning tactic to get banned for life from international football so that he can put all his energy into winning the title with liverpool this year

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Finn posted:

No but I remember the time Manchester United were behind Liverpool by 14 points and I asked you about it and you literally said "points don't matter"

haha

trophies matter, greg. this is what separates us from newcastle fans

and on that note, if louis van gaal wins the world cup, i think we should definitely be able to count it for united

once the whole thing where luis suarez bit a third man for literally no identifiable reason gets sorted out

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Posted this in the other get hype thread but seeing as it appears we've migrated here it may deem reposting: a guy from Deadspin has been compiling how TV/radio commentators in every country in this WC (except Cameroon, but then again it's par for the course for them this WC) call their goals and putting them here: http://screamer.deadspin.com/tag/local-broadcasts

It's about as cool and good as you might expect.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 26, 2014

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Fag Boy Jim posted:

the forums were down when suarez bit a guy and i can't believe it

This was legitimately distressing to me.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

tbp posted:

I hadn't really even thought of that though it does help but I just love how ludicrously loving insane he is. It's so beyond explanation that I have to enjoy it, like once was retarded enough, twice was far over the line of anything you'd ever expect to see in a football match, but a third time in the middle of a must-win World Cup match still tied at 0-0 is so mindblowingly ridiculous that I am glad such an event occurred.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

I don't get it. Is this a WAG or something?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Akbar posted:

I don't get it. Is this a WAG or something?

It's Luis Suarez, clearly.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Wrong shoulder, bad photo, voted 1

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

-Spiffy- posted:

Wrong shoulder, bad photo, voted 1

Obviously his other one is still sore

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 26, 2014

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This has been a real loving bad week for the forums to be down.

I mean Suarez loving hell mate.

Three times.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
An ANGRY WOLF is menacing CHIELLINI. CHIELLINI makes a move, and the WOLF snarls.

CHIELLINI
Mamma mia! I just came here to play-a football!

A FOOTBALL flies overhead. Chiellini jumps to head it. The WOLF jumps and bites him.

CHIELLINI
That's a spicy meatball!

DIEGO GODIN enters.

GODIN
Luis! Have a snickers.

WOLF
Growl

GODIN
Because you're not yourself when you get hungry.

The WOLF eats a Snickers bar and out pops a smiling LUIS SUAREZ.

SUAREZ
Thanks, Diego.

SUAREZ does a 360 and chips the ball into the net.

NARRATOR (v.o.)
You're not yourself when you're hungry. Have a Snickers.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Don't work for free mate.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I like Suarez, he's a fun crazy bastard

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
gently caress Greece imo

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

I like how one of Mexico, Netherlands, Costa Rica or Greece will be a semi-finalist.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Honestly think Suarez is a hugely talented simpleton. Biting someone when angry is absurd unless you are a 2 year old and he's done it three loving times. He needs to be thrown out the World Cup, a 3 - 6 month ban and some counselling. Cantona got a 9 month worldwide ban so it's not unprecedented.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The guy bites people? lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Messyass posted:

I like how one of Mexico, Netherlands, Costa Rica or Greece will be a semi-finalist.

Also how Spain or Italy wont

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just give him the maximum ban possible imo. FIFA confirmed though that any ban under 2 months can't be appealed which makes me think they'll just ban him from the world cup

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Luis Suarez bit a man for the third time, and I don't know how to deal with that.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The Ivanovic bite was still the best bite of his career if you're willing to simply look at the technique of the thing.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I think leaping to bite a man on the jugular is far more hard to pull off than simply pulling his arm to your mouth.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
The first one was the best because it was so brazen.

He was basically looking at the Ref while he did it.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

http://youtu.be/vPnoLl3N45w

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its great how he instantly pretended to have been hit in the teeth as soon as it happened too. Lmao that the Uruguayan FA are claiming the picture is photoshopped

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Jose posted:

Its great how he instantly pretended to have been hit in the teeth as soon as it happened too. Lmao that the Uruguayan FA are claiming the picture is photoshopped

The entire Uruguayan reaction has been such a farce.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Maybe he really did hurt his teeth.

When he bit a man for the third time.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Elliptical Dick posted:

The entire Uruguayan reaction has been such a farce.

The best part is, the coddling and siege mentality won't get him the help he obviously needs and then he'll do it again and again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

To be slightly fair to him, it did look like Chiellini elbowed him in the mouth immediately after the bite, which is a pretty understandable reaction but still hurts a lot. Doesn't make what Suarez did any less bizarre or terrible of course.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

The best part is, the coddling and siege mentality won't get him the help he obviously needs and then he'll do it again and again

Its going to happen again regardless of any help he gets

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

He had help and counselling after the last time. He's a lost cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I enjoyed how the official FIFA® sanctioned interview after the match didn't mention the bite

• Locked thread