Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Holding his teeth as if it was an inadvertent tooth-to-shoulder collision that had just occurred was the best little detail. I honestly must have watched it 50 times when it happened it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

vyelkin posted:

To be slightly fair to him, it did look like Chiellini elbowed him in the mouth immediately after the bite, which is a pretty understandable reaction but still hurts a lot. Doesn't make what Suarez did any less bizarre or terrible of course.

The Uruguayan version of events is that Chiellini elbowed him in the eye, though. Which to be fair, he did.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxU-cQvmi-k

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smirr posted:

The Uruguayan version of events is that Chiellini elbowed him in the eye, though. Which to be fair, he did.

Oh, okay. I'm just going off what I remember from the replays during the game itself.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
The fact that he bit a dude and then Italy went out as well also earns a hearty lol from this poster

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
he bit the guy on the shoulder then threw himself to the floor holding his head lol it makes me lol somuch every time

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-uruguay-fight-against-ban

quote:

Suárez’s lawyer, Alejandro Balbi, said he was preparing a case to show Suárez had been unfairly targeted and would use “all the arguments possible” to clear his client. “We don’t have any doubts that this has happened because it’s Suárez involved and secondly because Italy have been eliminated,” he told Uruguayan radio. “There’s a lot of pressure from England and Italy. There is a possibility that they ban him, because there are precedents, but we are convinced that it was an absolutely casual play, because if Chiellini can show a scratch on one shoulder, Suárez can show a bruised and an almost closed eye.”

I also love the bit about precedents. I'm going to have to assume people in Uruguay played the "oh he just fell teeth-first onto the guys shoulder, leave poor Luisito alone" defense the first two times, too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smirr posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-uruguay-fight-against-ban

I also love the bit about precedents. I'm going to have to assume people in Uruguay played the "oh he just fell teeth-first onto the guys shoulder, leave poor Luisito alone" defense the first two times, too.

The Uruguayan FA also say that apparently those bite marks on Chiellini's shoulder are photoshopped. They're going all-in on their defence of Suarez.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I love Vincent Enyeama but he really messed up on Messi's freekick yesterday, he zoned out completely.

Can't see Nigeria progressing past the French but you can bet your rear end Ollie G and Benzena are gonna take dozens of shots right into Vincent's hands.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Haha loving hell, did they watch the same match we all watched? It was pretty loving clear what happened on the night, and unless someone is capable of a masterful bit of instantaneous CG on a moving subject then broadcast live to the world, we have Suarez caught dead to rights. I think the insidious thing about this incident is that he waited until the ball was away and the focus wasn't near him. Unfortunately for him though, its the world loving cup and he is on camera literally all the time.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This bite is far more glorious than the Ivanovic one. You really see him leaning into Chiellinis shoulder and taking this chomp like he really expects to take off some flesh, it's amazing.

It's cool how players always react in the same way, they're just completely shocked, Luis is such a weirdo.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I think the REAL question here, is what actually IS Suarez? Is he a Vampire or Zombie? I would say Vampire because he seems to have a fixation on the neck area but he did go for a players arm once, which makes me pause for doubt.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

he bit the guy on the shoulder then threw himself to the floor holding his head lol it makes me lol somuch every time

he then went on to hold his big loving horse teeth lol like he couldnt decide what hurt more

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
he bit a man, then held his teeth as if his teeth were somehow in pain, then said his chest hit chiellinis shoulder and in that collision he somehow hurt his eye, but the british press are somehow to blame. i love it all, it's amazing, this world cup, loving hell man.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I think its amazing and cool that people put literal money on this exact thing happening and won money from betting on that thing

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

stickyfngrdboy posted:

he bit a man, then held his teeth as if his teeth were somehow in pain, then said his chest hit chiellinis shoulder and in that collision he somehow hurt his eye, but the british press are somehow to blame. i love it all, it's amazing, this world cup, loving hell man.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?

vyelkin posted:

The Uruguayan FA also say that apparently those bite marks on Chiellini's shoulder are photoshopped. They're going all-in on their defence of Suarez.

It's the best/worst part. By denying it they will keep the issue alive for so much longer.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I loved the other Uruguay players trying to pull chiellini's shirt down so the ref couldn't see the bite marks, it was so fuckin funny

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

-Spiffy- posted:

I think its amazing and cool that people put literal money on this exact thing happening and won money from betting on that thing

I've already put money on the length of ban it's great.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I loved the other Uruguay players trying to pull chiellini's shirt down so the ref couldn't see the bite marks, it was so fuckin funny

Uruguayan FA is now claiming the bite marks were (get this) photoshopped lol

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

ephex posted:

Uruguayan FA is now claiming the bite marks were (get this) photoshopped lol

Dental plan

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I love the Uruguay player trying to cover up chellinis shoulder while he's showing the ref

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Neymar 4 - Messi 4 - Mueller 4 - Ronald 0

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lol

Muller only has 3, unless you can see the future and he's going to score against the USA.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Muller only has 3, unless you can see the future and he's going to score against the USA.

I can, he will

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Lol this was my favourite part too.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

quote:

"I didn't see him bite anyone and, in football, I was taught that you obey what the referee says,"

"If we're going to take decisions in football based on what TV says, then there are loads of penalties and handballs you'd have to give that weren't given, so bad luck!"

-The Actual President of Uruguay

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TimberJoe posted:

Dental plan

Luis need braces

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Tortuga posted:

anyone would think they're a one man team

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

-Spiffy- posted:

The bookies had a comparatively low quota on that tbh.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

3 times in 4 years, 175 to 1... I'd take it.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Tortuga posted:

Is this real life?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Biting is not worse than kicking a player off the ball. Retrospective red and nothing more itpo

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'm trying to think of an absurd example to disparage what that guy said and realize it can't possible beat what actually happened in front of a few billion people.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'd rather be bitten any day than have Antonio Valencia rake his studs down my leg.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

-Spiffy- posted:

Is this real life?
Reminder that the president of Uruguay is an actual peasant.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lol

PEDs?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

But enough about the other forum you posted on when this was down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Flayer posted:

Reminder that the president of Uruguay is an actual peasant.

He's a cool troll.

• Locked thread