Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
My bet is that Tara's off screen death probably means that her mom staked her while she was fighting that other infected vampire and the writers just don't want us to know that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

inconsequential posted:

Also, although Rocky's "gently caress it, you're right" after one of the least inspired villain speeches I've ever heard was offensive to any intellect, convincing the black deputy that she should shirk all responsibility and ethics because she's black and whitey got it all, is absurd and gross and reeks of writers who think all black people are just moments away from rioting if they are reminded their boss is white. That story would have been much more interesting if the deputy had said, "gently caress you, I know right from wrong". The mob could still have disarmed them and you could advance the plot just the same, but without resorting to that weird, stereotypical crap.

What's equally absurd is that the woman who convinces Kenya to switch sides is listed in the closing credits as "uppity woman". At least that's who I guessed it was since I couldn't think of any other nameless character who would have fit that description.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

All these questions are making me imagine an episode of Mythbusters set in the True Blood universe and I'm now sad that I'll never get to see it happen.

• Locked thread