Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus, Caleb is creepy. He isn't alone with Frankie for 1 minute before he has to tell him how Amber touched his leg. Then 5 minutes don't pass before he talks about how much Amber likes his hat. Then a couple of minutes later he says how wonderful it would be for Amber to be laying there in bed with her.

Here I was just expecting him to be racist. Instead he's obsessed with the black chick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

violetdragon posted:

drat. I was hoping for pajamas with a complimentary bow tie.

I really want her to stay, because I love the bowtie so much. I am hoping as the season goes on she just pulls more and more bowties out of her suitcase, until we've seen like 40 unique bowties and then there is a bowtie themed comp.

I'm really sad at the potential for Donny to leave so early. He's won my heart fairly quickly. Is there any chance that he'll be able to pull out a save as the house looks right now?

I can't wait until I can get the feeds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Devin is being super wishy washy on whether he wants Donny gone and Amber is following suit. So in theory the two of them could maybe convince Caleb to backdoor Joey since he loves Amber and Devin seems to be his bro. But Devin has changed his mind on whether he wants Donny to stay a dozen times during this conversation because he's a loving nut bag. And Amber seems pretty wishy washy and weak herself. Plus Caleb has already questioned Frankie on whether he thinks Amber likes Devin so I could actually see a scenario where the two of them go to Caleb and he gets super jealous.

The comedy option would be that happens and Caleb puts Devin up to keep Amber to himself. Everyone in the house seems to hate and/or fear Devin (as in they're worried he'll have a manic episode and hurt someone) so he'd be gone and this could be a kind of Brian/BB10 thing where the house gets Caleb to turn on his bro. Maybe Caleb would remove his camouflage hate (that Amber loves) while he did it.

So Donny seems to be the odds on favorite right now but Joey is an outside shot and Devin might be a long shot. And there's some chance they just fall apart on everything and evict Paula but she's very much the pawn at this moment. She's just a very expendable pawn who no one is fighting for.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
As a feeds newbie, is there a way to silence the mics on one feed and not the others? Makes it hard to hear anything when you hear EVERYTHING.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

SweetJahasus posted:

As a feeds newbie, is there a way to silence the mics on one feed and not the others? Makes it hard to hear anything when you hear EVERYTHING.

You mean the quad feed? Typically the action is paired Cam 1/2 on one room and Cam 3/4 on another conversation. The good thing is, they're then split by Left/Right audio channel. So if you wear headphones, you can pop in whichever one looks to be having the good conversation.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

You mean the quad feed? Typically the action is paired Cam 1/2 on one room and Cam 3/4 on another conversation. The good thing is, they're then split by Left/Right audio channel. So if you wear headphones, you can pop in whichever one looks to be having the good conversation.

No I actually mean the normal feeds. Like for instance when I logged on this morning there were a couple of folks chatting it up in the beehive room but i could constantly hear the ruffling of those goddamn space blankets from the people sleeping on the other cams. I wasn't even watching quad feed, just one of the normal ones. I'm more worried about it when there may be everyone awake and there's 2 different conversations happening, both at volume, where i can't really focus on one b/c there's just so much jabber.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

STAC Goat posted:

But Devin has changed his mind on whether he wants Donny to stay a dozen times during this conversation because he's a loving nut bag.

Or because he's talking about the game to another contestant and not to you the home viewer in a confessional segment

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

SweetJahasus posted:

No I actually mean the normal feeds. Like for instance when I logged on this morning there were a couple of folks chatting it up in the beehive room but i could constantly hear the ruffling of those goddamn space blankets from the people sleeping on the other cams. I wasn't even watching quad feed, just one of the normal ones. I'm more worried about it when there may be everyone awake and there's 2 different conversations happening, both at volume, where i can't really focus on one b/c there's just so much jabber.

I had the issue that I had 2 audio feeds running after switching the cam because of how terrible the cbs site is coded, if that happens you have to reload the whole page (you can check by muting the stream on the site with the stream controls, if there is still sound you have to relaod).

I'm intrigued to find out how long the Frankie-Zach f2 alliance holds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there's just going to be a lot of feed bugs early on. I don't see the Flashback feature yet but I've seen others mention its there so I'm guessing its just missing from my browser/device and will be fixed in time. There were a bunch of small hiccups last night.

Although those space sheets they have in the Have Not room are going to be a production nightmare because they sound like people chewing tin foil. I don't imagine they'll remain in play for very long.

Mob posted:

Or because he's talking about the game to another contestant and not to you the home viewer in a confessional segment

I don't know. he was kind of all over the map and contradicting himself repeatedly or going over the same things again and again. Maybe that's just how he processes information and works out a problem but its going to work against him in this house because it comes off as him being flighty and manic. He clearly had Amber confused and multiple people had said as much about him earlier in the night.

I admit, the "nutbag" label was probably from listening to his housemates call him crazy all night. I saw pretty much everyone in the house at some point or another have a discussion about the guy's mental sanity, what medication he might be taking, how safe they were, or just how much he was pissing them off. He also spent most of the night making passive aggressive digs at people to the point where Christina was crying. I don't know what Devin's deal is but unless that was a bad night and he adjusts quickly he's probably not long for the game. Half the house hates him and the other half don't seem trust him to keep his cool.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Fingers crossed that Devin acts so crazy, he replaces Donny on the block and goes home.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

I admit, the "nutbag" label was probably from listening to his housemates call him crazy all night. I saw pretty much everyone in the house at some point or another have a discussion about the guy's mental sanity, what medication he might be taking, how safe they were, or just how much he was pissing them off. He also spent most of the night making passive aggressive digs at people to the point where Christina was crying. I don't know what Devin's deal is but unless that was a bad night and he adjusts quickly he's probably not long for the game. Half the house hates him and the other half don't seem trust him to keep his cool.

He seems like he's gone as soon as they can get him out, sadly not before Donny who they think is some kind of genius rather then a guy who is just happy in his life as it is.

Also they want Joey gone because she let Team America (gently caress yeah) slip.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

sbaldrick posted:

He seems like he's gone as soon as they can get him out, sadly not before Donny who they think is some kind of genius rather then a guy who is just happy in his life as it is.

Also they want Joey gone because she let Team America (gently caress yeah) slip.

Why would they think this? How did that happen?

Although, being happy with your life is pretty smart.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

sbaldrick posted:

I'm still absolutely speechless as to how that seemed like a good idea to her. I mean, did she just entirely gloss over the part in almost every single season where anyone who has won some money in a competition had to immediately dodge the "they already got money, why let them get more" bullet? And that's not even considering the whole other aspect of a secret alliance where the show itself is practically bribing people to participate, regardless of their other loyalties in the house...

I really liked Joey going in, but seriously, that is a boot-worthy move in my book.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its not super clear what happened with Joey but everyone knows she tried to form a girl alliance. None of the other El Cuatro girls seem to be catching flack so I'm not sure what exactly it is they know but they keep saying it would be easy to get Joey out because she got caught scheming already. Mostly Joey just seems to be suffering from being outside this power alliance and being loud enough to be an easy target.

They're just being paranoid about Donny. Its probably kind of classist. He says he's just a groundskeeper but they see he's smart and funny so they assume he must be something more. It also might just be rationalization because they don't want to admit they're voting out the old dude because he's different so its easy.

I don't really want to see Devin go too soon because I think there's a lot of comedy gold potential in this developing love triangle with Caleb/Amber/Devin. Caleb's so obsessed and awkward around Amber and he's already shown some jealousy about Amber/Devin. If BB could assure me no one would die I want to see this play out.

But I don't think Caleb (and Frankie who seems to have a lot of influence on Caleb) would backdoor him this week unless he really screws up. Or maybe if him and Amber hook up. I think they're going to hold it together long enough to keep Devin as a target shielding them.

I really enjoy Frankie. When he's not ON and doing his theater kid thing he's playing a good game and seems to have a good head and social game. He's like a much more active, natural, and sincere sounding Andy because he seems to be able to flow naturally into any conversation and have the trust of the room. And half the time I've seen him he's basically been trying to wrangle the crazy from Devin, Caleb, and Zach. Its kind of fun to watch how long he can hold it together.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm

STAC Goat posted:

He's like a much more active, natural, and sincere sounding Andy because he seems to be able to flow naturally into any conversation and have the trust of the room.

So what you're saying is that Frankie isn't an rear end in a top hat creeper.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Seems like a lot of overplaying right now and we know what that leads to.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Adjunct Cheesecake posted:

So what you're saying is that Frankie isn't an rear end in a top hat creeper.

Basically. I only compare the two because they do the same basic "walk from room to room and plop themselves into everyone's conversation" thing. But where Andy was abrasive and obvious about it and would literally plant his stuff in rooms so he had an excuse Frankie just walks into a room and people welcome him because they genuinely like and trust him.

And yeah, Devin and Zach are majorly overplaying. Frankie, Caleb, and Derrick might be too although I think Frankie and Caleb are just kind of reacting to things and Derrick seems to be trying to prove his value to a few people and plant some roots in the house. But if I had to put money on it I'd say Devin and Zach don't make it to jury.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 27, 2014

jordguitar
Jul 7, 2008

SweetJahasus posted:

Turns out that the disclamer that is shown before you can see the feeds is hosted on a ad server!
Disable adblock on the live feeds page and refresh. If you block ads via your hosts file, you need to allow the following:
code:
127.0.0.1 pubads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 s0.2mdn.net
127.0.0.1 79423.analytics.edgesuite.net

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Generic American posted:

I'm still absolutely speechless as to how that seemed like a good idea to her. I mean, did she just entirely gloss over the part in almost every single season where anyone who has won some money in a competition had to immediately dodge the "they already got money, why let them get more" bullet? And that's not even considering the whole other aspect of a secret alliance where the show itself is practically bribing people to participate, regardless of their other loyalties in the house...

I really liked Joey going in, but seriously, that is a boot-worthy move in my book.

I think she let it slip at some point during the week already. It's hard to tell what's happened due to the fact they have already been in there 7 days, but she said she and a couple of other people are playing for money in comps already.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Seems like Donny is dead in the water already. He brings some folksy charm to the show, but he's been a strategic zero on the feeds. Especially bad because he's on the block. Maybe he assumes he's safe? Even then he still should be talking some game with people. So unless he somehow wins this veto, I think he's a goner.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 27, 2014

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Teek posted:

Seems like Donny is dead in the water already. He brings some folksy charm to the show, but he's been a strategic zero on the feeds. Especially bad because he's on the block. Maybe he assumes he's safe? Even then he still should be talking some game with people. So unless he somehow wins this video, I think he's a goner.

Judging from the feeds up to now it looks like only the bombsquad is playing the game while everyone else is just - there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A few key members of "The Bomb Squad" are playing HARD and most everyone else seems to be trying not to rock the boat too much too early. Which is probably a smart play since these early power alliances usually blow up in a few weeks so if you can just survive until then you can fly under the radar for awhile. I don't think anyone is going to stick their neck out for Donny. He's very clearly an introvert out of his element and not really fitting in. They all like him but no one likes him enough to fight for him. And if Donny has any game of his own I haven't seen it, but I've only heard him say 10 or so words.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Donny's probably thinking typical BB. You can easily play under the radar it and wait for big egos to fight each other. That might not work at all if an alliance just keeps sharing the dual HoH and knocks off floaters though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Bomb Squad is going to self destruct sooner rather than later and a lot of people are going to coast to the jury but the problem with that plan is there's always a few people who go before that happens. Donny just looks like he's going to be the first barring a POV or sudden game spurt from him. That's the real problem with the "under the radar" game play. If you're going to be passive and wait for something to happen you run the risk of being run over by the train before it does.

Unfortunately for Donny he may be in the dark since his allies are all secretly backstabbing him and half the house thinks Paula is the target.

Oh, by the way, last night's bed drama was amazing. Here's the broad strokes. There's the open rock room and the closed fire room. Victoria's religious beliefs means she can't share a room with a man so the women all had to be in one room. Zach sleeps all day in the rock room and didn't want to lose his bed so the women were sent to the fire room. Problem is that room is dark and Nicole is scared of the dark. So Nicole never actually slept last night. She stayed up until like 5 am and then passed out for a couple of hours. Meanwhile Devin is apparently OCD and washed all his sheets before they had an indoor lockdown, so he had no sheets to sleep on. He got in a fight with Christine because he was kind of an entitled douche about how they owed him one of their sheets. Ultimately he slept in the Have Not room because apparently they have plastic sheets he can be sure are clean.

The best part of this is none of this poo poo got resolved so it will come up again tonight! I literally can't wait for the house meeting revolving around Nicole being afraid of ghosts. THIS is why I bought the feeds.

And I have no idea why all of this only came up on Night 7 or 8.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 27, 2014

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, by the way, last night's bed drama was amazing. Here's the broad strokes. There's the open rock room and the closed fire room. Victoria's religious beliefs means she can't share a room with a man so the women all had to be in one room.

People probably aren't going to be accommodating of that for very long. What is she going to do if she ends up a have-not with men? Not sleep all week?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that ones going to fall apart quick. She's already said she doesn't follow her religious rules too strictly with the way she dresses so when there's some real push back on that one its going to crumble. Right now they're probably just accommodating her because it shouldn't be much of a hassle to do so. And I imagine the other women appreciate some privacy from the guys. But as soon as Have Nots or some other real problem comes up she's not going to have any real leverage.

But right now its "My Selective Religious Beliefs" vs "I'm Afraid of Ghosts" so she's probably winning the hearts and minds of people on this one.

samurai slowdown
Jun 11, 2006

POWER UP
I don't get Donny at all. Even if you honestly believe you're the pawn you still need to keep up appearances and make sure the other nominee hasn't flipped the house on you. As far as I can tell he's done nothing. :confused:

jordguitar
Jul 7, 2008
Donny won the veto so it looks like he will be sticking around for a bit longer.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hahah, holy poo poo. Good job Donny!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

jordguitar posted:

Donny won the veto so it looks like he will be sticking around for a bit longer.

Yessssssssssss

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Holy poo poo, I'm so happy about this! :D

So, I guess Joey or Devin are the likely candidates to go up?
I wonder if production would add an extra player to Team America if Joey gets evicted before the whole team has even been formed?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Also, apparently it was a spelling comp, which isn't going to help change the fact that people think that Donny is secretly a professor. Haha.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

thexerox123 posted:

Also, apparently it was a spelling comp, which isn't going to help change the fact that people think that Donny is secretly a professor. Haha.

I want it to come out that he once was a professor and dropped out to be happy. Everyone's dream.

Also the hyper-religiousness of the house with Victoria's Jewishness and Jocasta pray meetings is not going to end well at some point

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're both religious but neither seemed to be of the evangelist type. Jocasta was spending time with the house and getting along well and the only time religion came up was when Brittany asked her to lead a prayer. I really liked her and I think the anti-religion crowd may be jumping the gun on her based on her intro video and her praying a little during a comp.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Jesus... Victoria is having a shallow narcissistic meltdown.
She's breaking down because people she's known IRL for years now know she has hair extensions.
Apparently, this is a big deal for her. :rolleyes:

Get a grip Drama Queen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't get hair extensions. They seem kind of gross and weird to me. But as a guy I imagine it would be a lot like having a really believable toupee and then having it come off on tv. That could be embarrassing if you were vain enough to need the toupee in the first place. I have a full head of hair so I'm trying not to judge.

Hayden doesn't seem to have much on the ball, sadly. Caleb asked him who to put up and he suggested Zach on the grounds that he sleeps all day and probably doesn't have any allies. Whoops.

Joey doesn't seem like much of a gamer either. Caleb's telling her she's an easy person to put up because she "put herself there" and she's basically agreeing and sounds like she's almost encouraging him. Fight, girl. Jesus. Apparently Joey just for no reason at all confessed to a failed all girls alliance which is the whole issue here. I'm getting the sense that that's beyond El Cuatro, I assume her trying to bring the second night women in on it for the numbers and them not playing ball.

Caleb: "We're all glad we met you. I enjoyed you streaking. We'll miss your butt."
Caleb - Master of Tact
Joey - Willing Victim

Oh good, Caleb is talking about Amber.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 28, 2014

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
That's hilarious that Donny won veto.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Caleb should put up Amber, it's the ultimate neg.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Spiky Ooze posted:

That's hilarious that Donny won veto.

Yeah I'm totally good with this. Donny has been a lot more likeable than I expected so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He actually suggested it to Frankie and Devin earlier when Devin was trying to save Donny but then threw Amber under the bus and blamed it all on her. Caleb got a little wound up and said something to the extent of "We formed this alliance and everything was set and then we let girls in and we have problems." Then he wondered if they'd have to deal with Amber's girl emotions every week and asked if they should just get rid of her. Frankie had to once again slowly explain why betraying your own secret alliance member is a problem to your SECRET alliance.

Then there was this hilarious thing where Caleb was trying to say he'll do what's smart and not get emotional but got distracted. It basically went "Look, I like people and care about people too but I'm going to do what's best for my game. I mean, Amber is great and I care about her and outside this house I'd like to get to know her and spend time with her and she's everything I'm looking for and I think her faith and her willingness to show it is amazing and she's beautiful inside and out... but I'd vote her out if I had to."

Caleb is a never ending source for comedy. Just as I was typing this I heard him randomly say: "Oh man, my legs are killing me from that huge workout I did. It was a crazy workout. When you workout as much as we do you can eat whatever you want."

Caleb is hilarious and I never want him to leave.

• Locked thread