Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I honestly want a Cody/Victoria F2 just for it to be the cherry on this poop cake. Derrick winning is boring because I've been saying it was going to be him or Frankie for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BotB definitely made it easier for the guys the first half of the game but you could probably argue that's somewhat balanced by doubling the noms. Because we're specifically talking about being nommed at all, even as a pawn. You're right. Cody and Frankie both only have two apiece at this stage. And Caleb four but volunteered two of those times. So yeah, the BotB and Bomb Squad helped a ton. But Derrick stayed off the block when those guys racked up even a few noms. That wasn't just luck. Derrick's played a hell of a game. He's also won four HOHs on top of all the game playing. I don't think its fair at all to discredit Derrick's game as being easy.

I think its a bad season and I think it deserves an asterisk for any kind of statistics keeping or comparisons sakes but I have the give the devil his due. In my head this was the last major hurdle for me to place his game amongst the top tier. If he had lost both comps this week and been knocked out fourth by has hand picked F4 then I would have been a little down on his game and blamed his choice to go so far with the Bombinators. But with him locking up F3 I feel like he probably makes my Top 10 list, or roughly about there.

BB2 Will, BB3 Danielle/Jason, BB6 Maggie, BB7 Will, BB10 Dan, BB12 Hayden, BB14 Dan, BBCan1 Jillian/Emmit, BBCan2 Jon/Neda. I'm not sure there's anyone else I'd put in the same consideration as BB16 Derrick even if he does get knocked out third. Maybe I'd have to consider BB4 Jun and Alison, BB5 Drew, or BB8 Dick/Danielle. But it's still a top 20 game at worst.

If he can nab that F3 HOH and/or win the game then I think it takes a step into the elite field for me.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I said it a while ago but my fear is Derrick will get the Kim Spradlin treatment and not get the respect his game deserves.
Fear no more, on the last RHAP Rob drew the Derrick/Kim parallel.

If Derrick wins (and he's almost 95.5% locked), him and Kim will forever be compared because each played a balls to the wall smart game against seemingly worthless/dingbat competitors which ultimately made their seasons predictable and dull to watch.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The recent Jury house footage had everyone high on Derrick with no sour grapes being expressed. If he's at final 2, I think it's a landslide for him.

Samarium
Dec 15, 2005

The beauty of quitting is, now that I've quit, I can have one, 'cause I've quit.
Is it just Jason and Danielle that made the final three without being nominated. I want to say that Derrick not being nominated being nominated is more impressive since he had to dodge 55+ nominations compared to the 21 in season 3 (veto only used once). Though it was a different sort of game then with the silver power of veto, and they were able to get two people never to be nominated (and were more fun to watch). Still all three are quite the feat.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Robnoxious posted:

Fear no more, on the last RHAP Rob drew the Derrick/Kim parallel.

If Derrick wins (and he's almost 95.5% locked), him and Kim will forever be compared because each played a balls to the wall smart game against seemingly worthless/dingbat competitors which ultimately made their seasons predictable and dull to watch.

Also Derrick and Kim both have the personality of accounting software. They'll be super comparable winners if he wins. I don't mind a gamebot but it's a shame when they didn't make the game entertaining too.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

BotB definitely made it easier for the guys the first half of the game but you could probably argue that's somewhat balanced by doubling the noms. Because we're specifically talking about being nommed at all, even as a pawn. You're right. Cody and Frankie both only have two apiece at this stage. And Caleb four but volunteered two of those times. So yeah, the BotB and Bomb Squad helped a ton. But Derrick stayed off the block when those guys racked up even a few noms. That wasn't just luck. Derrick's played a hell of a game. He's also won four HOHs on top of all the game playing. I don't think its fair at all to discredit Derrick's game as being easy.

I think its a bad season and I think it deserves an asterisk for any kind of statistics keeping or comparisons sakes but I have the give the devil his due. In my head this was the last major hurdle for me to place his game amongst the top tier. If he had lost both comps this week and been knocked out fourth by has hand picked F4 then I would have been a little down on his game and blamed his choice to go so far with the Bombinators. But with him locking up F3 I feel like he probably makes my Top 10 list, or roughly about there.

Overall, he definitely played a great game and deserves to win. The Spradlin analogy is spot on. I'm more impressed by his transforming of Victoria into an asset than his zero noms.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ToastyPotato posted:

I can't speak for what she is up to today but her initial strategy was to pull a "people love to hate me" type deal and people actually ended up making references to being the next Omarosa at some point.

I don't think it would totally work for Frankie, but I can see him trying to embrace being the "person you love to hate" persona in an attempt to stay relevant.

The problem is BB already has a bunch of those with more personality

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

The problem is BB already has a bunch of those with more personality

Yeah that's why Frankie is going to have some issues. Everytime he makes an excuse the correct answer is pretty much but _______ did it on BB already and they were fine.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah that's why Frankie is going to have some issues. Everytime he makes an excuse the correct answer is pretty much but _______ did it on BB already and they were fine.

He can't even fit into the gay actor BB alum slot

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Frankie makes me wanna puke.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like Cody won veto again. So does he boot Caleb?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Teek posted:

Looks like Cody won veto again. So does he boot Caleb?

That's what Derrick will want him to do. It's interesting, Cody could use his brain and figure out that a final 3 with himself, Victoria, and Derrick is potentially worse for him than Caleb and Derrick, since Vic is in Derrick's pocket.

But it's Cody so he is just going to do what Derrick wants.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I am a very happy person today, Frankie out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

That's what Derrick will want him to do. It's interesting, Cody could use his brain and figure out that a final 3 with himself, Victoria, and Derrick is potentially worse for him than Caleb and Derrick, since Vic is in Derrick's pocket.

But it's Cody so he is just going to do what Derrick wants.

I disagree. Caleb's made it perfectly clear that he thinks Derrick is a goat and plans to take him to the end to beat. If Cody keeps Caleb in there's a real chance Caleb can win the final HOH and send Cody packing. Cody would have to out talk/manipulate Derrick and even with his inflated ego and opinion of his own game Cody can't want to go head-to-head with Derrick at his game.

Booting Caleb is the right move. Both Victoria and Caleb would take Derrick but Caleb is much more likely to be in that position. Keeping Victoria ups Cody's odds of winning one of the first two legs of the HOH.

And of course if Cody were half as smart as he thinks he'd realize he needs Victoria as a goat to win. He won't, but that's a mistake for next week. Its the right move to boot Caleb and keep Victoria this week.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So barring Cody or Victoria being some kind of secret genius we know at least one of the people in the F2 is Derrick does Derrick create a bitter jury when he has to lay his game all out on the floor.

Some of these guys are going to feel like idiots.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Everyone on the jury other than Frankie and Christine has already realized that Derrick is the mastermind of the house and likes him well enough. Nicole was very impressed with his gameplay, Donny considered him a worthy opponent, and Jocasta was good friends with him. Hayden also considered him a friend, if I remember correctly. Even if Frankie, Christine, and Caleb/Victoria vote for not-Derrick (and Victoria would never vote against him), Derrick has the game tied if he makes it to F2.

Honestly, I think only Frankie would vote for Victoria, because he's a petty rear end in a top hat. Christine and Frankie would go for Cody, and Caleb would probably be moved based on the final interview.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

pospysyl posted:

Everyone on the jury other than Frankie and Christine has already realized that Derrick is the mastermind of the house and likes him well enough. Nicole was very impressed with his gameplay, Donny considered him a worthy opponent, and Jocasta was good friends with him. Hayden also considered him a friend, if I remember correctly. Even if Frankie, Christine, and Caleb/Victoria vote for not-Derrick (and Victoria would never vote against him), Derrick has the game tied if he makes it to F2.

Honestly, I think only Frankie would vote for Victoria, because he's a petty rear end in a top hat. Christine and Frankie would go for Cody, and Caleb would probably be moved based on the final interview.

I don't think Frankie would vote for Victoria, unless he thinks it would make him more memorable if he did.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cody won HOH part 1. Was a "hang gliding" comp. Looks like Derrick threw it to Cody at the end.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oooo, interesting.
Things are falling out of Derrick's control a little bit.

I fully expect Derrick to win HOH part 2 simply because it'll be a puzzle type event and Victoria sucks.

But still, a Cody/Derrick showdown for part 3 is no automatic with the "Jurors Said" comp.

Cody could win and reach an epiphany that Derrick should be cut.

It is a $500k decision after all.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

Oooo, interesting.
Things are falling out of Derrick's control a little bit.

I fully expect Derrick to win HOH part 2 simply because it'll be a puzzle type event and Victoria sucks.

But still, a Cody/Derrick showdown for part 3 is no automatic with the "Jurors Said" comp.

Cody could win and reach an epiphany that Derrick should be cut.

It is a $500k decision after all.

Cody literally just gave a speech to Caleb saying he was going to bring Derek to final 2, he would look terrible if he didn't do that at this point. Plus he's too stupid to realize he can't beat Derek.

That being said, why wouldn't Derek throw this last HoH to avoid burning Victoria?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Pillowpants posted:

Cody literally just gave a speech to Caleb saying he was going to bring Derek to final 2, he would look terrible if he didn't do that at this point. Plus he's too stupid to realize he can't beat Derek.

That being said, why wouldn't Derek throw this last HoH to avoid burning Victoria?

Emphasis mine.

You just got 2 squares on my BB16 bingo in one post, congrats!

Heard dat.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY HE DIDN'T GET BLOOD ON HIS HANDS SO HE'S SAFE FOR ANOTHER WEEK.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

Emphasis mine.

You just got 2 squares on my BB16 bingo in one post, congrats!

Heard dat.

This is the biggest HoH of the summer. Is it time to make a big move yet?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Wait, so who's under the bus, daygum?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Wee Bairns posted:

Wait, so who's under the bus, daygum?

A stupid question like that deserves a Judy chop, my apadre.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Assuming Derrick is one of those winners content to win once and not come back, it'd be a drat shame if we don't get Caleb for the next All Stars. It'd be tough picking between Zach, Caleb and Donnie to return.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Assuming Derrick is one of those winners content to win once and not come back, it'd be a drat shame if we don't get Caleb for the next All Stars. It'd be tough picking between Zach, Caleb and Donnie to return.

Well two of those guys didn't spend the first half of the game harassing one of the female houseguests like a creep, so it doesn't seem like much of a choice from where I'm standing.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Zach has an outrageous personality and makes for great BB TV. Caleb would probably be more likeable if not for the Amber situation. And as much as I like Donny, his personality and...morals? I don't know what...lead to boring gameplay/tv on BB because he's just not cutthroat enough. Extremely likeable guy, for sure, but not for Big Brother.

I would have liked to have seen him on Survivor, to be honest. BB seems like a waste of his charisma.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Tide posted:

Zach has an outrageous personality and makes for great BB TV. Caleb would probably be more likeable if not for the Amber situation. And as much as I like Donny, his personality and...morals? I don't know what...lead to boring gameplay/tv on BB because he's just not cutthroat enough. Extremely likeable guy, for sure, but not for Big Brother.

I would have liked to have seen him on Survivor, to be honest. BB seems like a waste of his charisma.

Donny's morals would have made for better tv on a different season, even last year he would have called the racists out on their poo poo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Tide posted:

I could see Donny as an Earl-esque Survivor winner. Does anyone think they'll show Frankie going to the Jury house because I have to imagine that will be a pretty icy reception.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It would by icy unless the jurors were coached or encouraged to make a big scene - which wouldn't surprise me at all.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SalTheBard posted:

I could see Donny as an Earl-esque Survivor winner. Does anyone think they'll show Frankie going to the Jury house because I have to imagine that will be a pretty icy reception.

Wow you are massively underrating the game Earl played. Donny hasn't shown us any reason to believe he's capable of putting on the clinic Earl did.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

BGrifter posted:

Wow you are massively underrating the game Earl played. Donny hasn't shown us any reason to believe he's capable of putting on the clinic Earl did.

Well they both have beards and played on seasons filled with retards so they're pretty much the same guy.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Donny's knees would explode if he were on Survivor.
He was beyond winded when he won the ball pit POV.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Donny needs to be on a nice non-competitive show like Antiques Roadshow. No idea about the value or history of the item, but he can tell them how nice the item looks, and he's sure it is special to them.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

HOH part 2 comp going on right now.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What did you guys think of the episode? Jesus Chris at the end I was expecting them all to wave to the camera as it said "Goodbye guys see you next time!" as it panned away.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Derrick won the second part of the final HOH. Sounds like he and Victoria both had a perfect run, he just was a lot faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What did you guys think of the episode? Jesus Chris at the end I was expecting them all to wave to the camera as it said "Goodbye guys see you next time!" as it panned away.

They always do an episode like that at the end of the season.

• Locked thread