Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

is it 9 games?

4 months?

who is to be believed...?

is it a conspiracy?

post about the press conference and biting in general here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2jViqMnnK4

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Fifa posted:

LS is regarded as having breached article 48 paragraph 1 of the Fifa disciplinary code, and article 57. He is to be suspended for nine official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming Fifa World Cup game between Uruguay and Colombia." The nine-match ban is from all internationals.

There's also a four-month ban from all football, according to article 22 of the Fifa disciplinary code. And a ban from all football stadiums while matches are in progress, according to article 21. Plus a fine of 100,000 Swiss franks.

so is it 9 games then 4 months or is it con current? if so why make the distinction?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://twitter.com/TalkofFutbol/status/482159122654441472

quote:

Rashad
‏@TalkofFutbol
BREAKING! Luis Suarez banned for NINE matches and banned from all football for FOUR MONTHS. #URU #LFC

All over twitter right now

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
This is a travesty

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lmao he can't even go to a football match that owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
There's also a four-month ban from all football, according to article 22 of the Fifa disciplinary code. And a ban from all football stadiums while matches are in progress, according to article 21. Plus a fine of 100,000 Swiss franks.

from the Guardian

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Should be banned for the entire season.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

so is it 9 games then 4 months or is it con current? if so why make the distinction?

I believe it's nine internationals, and then four months where he isn't even allowed to enter Anfield if a football is being kicked.

Dekaar
Mar 31, 2012

It sounds like nine international games (Which could be over a year suppose) and whatever club ones he will miss in four months.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
gently caress that. The entire season. The guy is an animal make him wear a muzzle.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

this has taken sky sports to a whole new font size

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If Uruguay go out over the weekend that means he'll miss the entire Copa America too, yeah? Im assuming the Uruguayan FA will schedule a bunch of meaningless friendlies, which would be the smart thing to do.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If they appeal he'll still miss the Colombia match

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Looks like the British media conspiracy wins again

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I believe it's nine internationals, and then four months where he isn't even allowed to enter Anfield if a football is being kicked.

four months from now is only 2 and a half months of the season. Evertone fans need to start a rolling game of football in every gym around liverpool so he can't do any fitness training

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

4 months means he won't miss that much club football anyways

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
FIFA are a bunch of cunts, that's all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hegay posted:

4 months means he won't miss that much club football anyways

3 matches more than last time. Should suspend the ban until football starts again after the world cup

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

If Uruguay go out over the weekend that means he'll miss the entire Copa America too, yeah? Im assuming the Uruguayan FA will schedule a bunch of meaningless friendlies, which would be the smart thing to do.
i mean then they also have to pay 23+ people for appearing in the friendlies which would be pretty annoying.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That must be the most expensive italian meal Suarez ever had

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

3 matches more than last time. Should suspend the ban until football starts again after the world cup

What's the total number of matches he's banned from if you include Champions League matches?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

he should be banned for life and neutered and spayed imo!!

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

RIP

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Pretty sure you can only schedule friendlies on official "FIFA friendly day" or w/e it's called

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mynameisjohn posted:

this has taken sky sports to a whole new font size

Forgot Castleford was having a really good season.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Hegay posted:

What's the total number of matches he's banned from if you include Champions League matches?

3 champions league games and 6 or 7 PL assuming one a week

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it was FIFA in Brendo's envelopes all along

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
:lol: he can't sign a new contract with anyone or sponsorship the stupid rat bastard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hegay posted:

I think 11. Also lol it might ban Suarez from being able to be signed by anyone else

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

3 champions league games and 6 or 7 PL assuming one a week

Jose posted:

I think 11. Also lol it might ban Suarez from being able to be signed by anyone else

Thanks, while that's a lot of matches I imagine it's still a lighter ban than what most of us imagined

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
thank god he's technically an arsenal player

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Can arsenal sue him for his £40,000,001 transfer fee like with mutu? Think of all the flats we could build.......

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

8raz posted:

thank god he's technically an arsenal player

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Will only end up with 31 league goals next year as well then.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Liverpool did well without him for the first month and a half of last season, they'll hopefully do okay without him for the first two and a half months of next season.

Tbh I thought it might be worse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FIFA posted:

The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.

Does this mean he can't even train?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Liverpool did well without him for the first month and a half of last season, they'll hopefully do okay without him for the first two and a half months of next season.

Tbh I thought it might be worse.
missing him for the champions league qualification will be a big deal imo

e: oh wait you all finished third

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

Yes, no official training with Liverpool. Can still hit the gym I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

Yes, he can't even work in the club shop lmbo.

• Locked thread