Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mynameisjohn posted:

missing him for the champions league qualification will be a big deal imo

e: oh wait you all finished third

Liverpool are already qualified, they finished second. He'll miss a few group games which might suck depending who gets drawn in the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

can he enter an adidas store with fifa™ officially licensed products, but only buy trackies? can he buy new boots?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

its really weird that liverpool almost won the league and i literally completely forgot about out because this world cup has been so sick

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is this the first ever universal ban by FIFA that wasn't for something drugs related?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If Liverpool dont like the punishment then maybe they shouldn't sign literal animals?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Scouse oval office

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

mynameisjohn posted:

its really weird that liverpool almost won the league and i literally completely forgot about out because this world cup has been so sick

and now it's not yet july and he's already ruined their hopes again

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

If Liverpool dont like the punishment then maybe they shouldn't sign literal animals?
this is canon

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Is this the first ever universal ban by FIFA that wasn't for something drugs related?

Iirc Cantona got a universal ban for kicking that fan, but I don't know if that was FIFA that imposed it or not.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the jews did this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So do you think the Italian economy will plummet like when Henry did that handball?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There should be no ban and he should have to wear a muzzle for the remainder of his career.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jose posted:

Cantona had a 9 month universal ban for kicking a racist.

"A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2)."

It's a full on football banning order. He isn't allowed to step foot in a stadium even if there's no game playing.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
These Latin Americans are lowering the tone of our national sport.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
He should do what Pandev and Zarate did when Lazio froze them out of the squad. Hire a few professional trainers from elsewhere or a lower league team and do private sessions on their own property. He'll stay in shape, it's not like he'll be on his rear end the whole time.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

While I agree with the ban I would defo appeal it since FIFA technically is suppose to view this as an isolated incident and not take any notice of his previous bans for biting people. They would prolly just counter by claiming Suarez brought shame to the game by doing this in the World Cup blabla sponsors blablal

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

is melwood technically a stadium

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

"A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2)."

It's a full on football banning order. He isn't allowed to step foot in a stadium even if there's no game playing.

I wonder what they count as a stadium. Like can he still go to Liverpool's training ground, but not to Anfield? Or is he just not allowed to set foot on a football pitch at all?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Ahh well, the hilarious overreaction and pearl-clutching has made me an unironic Luis fan so it's not all bad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

So do you think the Italian economy will plummet like when Henry did that handball?

It doesn't have much lower to go.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

What's the point of that?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

vyelkin posted:

Liverpool are already qualified, they finished second. He'll miss a few group games which might suck depending who gets drawn in the group.

Your coefficient is poo poo because 2005 and 2007 dropped off the standings so you'll be 3rd pot at best.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I wonder what they count as a stadium. Like can he still go to Liverpool's training ground, but not to Anfield? Or is he just not allowed to set foot on a football pitch at all?

Is it really had to understand what all "football activities" mean? Christ

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It doesn't have much lower to go.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Hegay posted:

Is it really had to understand what all "football activities" mean? Christ
can he play keepy up with gum

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

Your coefficient is poo poo because 2005 and 2007 dropped off the standings so you'll be 3rd pot at best.

Yeah, there are still some bad teams in higher up pots though and it also depends on scheduling of which team is being played on which date. It's all up in the air atm.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Is it really his fault he's a sadbrain? Grow up in a Uruguayan slum looking like that before you bite-shame.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

mynameisjohn posted:

can he play keepy up with gum

Yes, just not at a Liverpool Football Clubs gym

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

tbp posted:

This is atravestymazing

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Xabi posted:

Because he's a literal animal that they don't want anywhere near football.

The best bit is that he's 100% definitely doing something like this again in the future. Cannot wait to see what he gets for that.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Xabi posted:

It stops their being any room for questions like 'can he train on the pitch and then not play?' 'sit on the bench?' 'be in a private box but talk to the manager about where he thinks the striker could exploit a space?'. He's banned and that's it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Would Suarez be seen as a villain if he had eaten John Terry? Makes you think.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm guessing that the stadium and 'football activity' bans are because of the assault charge, which is a p big deal and iirc has never come up at this level of football before.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Use the fine money to hire a minder for him to make sure he can't kick a football or run anywhere for the duration of the ban.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I think when people write "IIRC" they have actually already googled and read several wikipedia pages

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target
I hope that someone appeals against this and all that happens is the start of the 4 month ban is delayed. That would own.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

can he film adverts on a studio set made to look like a stadium where he has a bit of a juggle and then kicks the ball and someone on a boom mic carries the ball to the crossbar and back and then he chests it up to himelf and does it again?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vando posted:

I'm guessing that the stadium and 'football activity' bans are because of the assault charge, which is a p big deal and iirc has never come up at this level of football before.

Didn't it literally come up the last time? I guess it wasn't upheld?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hegay posted:

I think when people write "IIRC" they have actually already googled and read several wikipedia pages

I googled the champions league match dates to see how many he'd be banned for, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Hegay posted:

lol it's true

• Locked thread