Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The biggest surprise is that Barca couldn't overrule it all IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Good old Luis has reiterated that he is not a racist and that he didn't bite anyone at the world cup.

I can't wait for him to do it again

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/14/luis-suarez-innocence-patrice-evra-racism-2011-world-cup-bite-2014?CMP=twt_gu

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Good old Luis has reiterated that he is not a racist and that he didn't bite anyone at the world cup.

I can't wait for him to do it again

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/14/luis-suarez-innocence-patrice-evra-racism-2011-world-cup-bite-2014?CMP=twt_gu

He's loving insane but I honestly love him.. go on Luis make me proud by scoring a billion goals in that POS league

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Back when Keano was doing his thing I always thought "he's a loving oval office but I've love to have him on my team". That's how I'd feel about Suarez even if he was a United player. Racism is bad but I think maybe a football pitch is just a bad place to be ironic.

e: I'm now a Barca plastic boys. I hope to be welcomed as a new supporter of this club.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 14, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I may have missed this, was Barca able to register Suarez on their CL players list?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
This is all clearly a negro conspiracy to put down the brownish man.

I wish Suarez would shut up about this, though.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I may have missed this, was Barca able to register Suarez on their CL players list?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/clubs/club=50080/index.html

I think so

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

tbp posted:

He's loving insane but I honestly love him.. go on Luis make me proud by scoring a billion goals in that POS league

I loving bet he'll do nothing wrong while playing for those cunts. Or at least won't be punished.

I do find it hilarious how many games he missed through suspension for us without getting a red card. I don't really remember him missing a game through injury either.

Gigi Galli posted:

Don't see why not. It's no different to registering a player who's carrying a red card suspension from the previous season.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Mickolution posted:

I loving bet he'll do nothing wrong while playing for those cunts. Or at least won't be punished.

I do find it hilarious how many games he missed through suspension for us without getting a red card. I don't really remember him missing a game through injury either.

Don't see why not. It's no different to registering a player who's carrying a red card suspension from the previous season.

He was never injured bc most injuries are through overworking and he spent ages just chilling through bans lol I genuinely think this is one of the reasons he was so amazing, he had that extra step in him most of the time

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
This thread is still open, is it a Luis Suarez appreciation thread?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Insanely Sikh posted:

This thread is still open, is it a Luis Suarez appreciation thread?

Might as well leave it open since he's sure to bite someone else sooner or later.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
This time it will be a teammate, probably Neymar, for not passing the ball.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

You don't really go "well I've bitten 3 people on international TV. Think thats enough."

Hes going to bite someone else.

I'd bet on Pepe.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

dkj posted:

You don't really go "well I've bitten 3 people on international TV. Think thats enough."
That's a bit unfair.

Nobody watched the Eredivisie outside Holland.

(Even now that it's on Sky Sports 5, there's still nobody watching it).

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
How long until our favourite racist is back on the pitch?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

dkj posted:

Hes going to bite someone else.

I'd bet on Pepe.

He only bit too in the WC he tripped and fell forward with his teeth

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

How long until our favourite racist is back on the pitch?

Next Saturday, I think.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh sure, now he does this, after getting his dream move to Barcelona because of it.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He's in the right place if he wants help for his thirst for blood

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I thought he just denied biting Chiellini though?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

blue footed boobie posted:

He didn't bite Chiellini - Chiellini "experienced the effect of being bitten" and Suarez's teeth just happened to be there at the same time

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tsaedje posted:

He didn't bite Chiellini - Chiellini "experienced the effect of being bitten" and Suarez's teeth just happened to be there at the same time

I can get behind this.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Lol at the handball being on the timeline with the racism and biting

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Blue Star Error posted:

He's in the right place if he wants help for his thirst for blood
lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Polidoro posted:

Lol at the handball being on the timeline with the racism and biting

Just because it was the smart thing to do that anyone else would have in his place it was still lovely and poor sportsmanship. Sportsmanship and professional competitive sport doesn't mix well though.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

So a professional foul is also poor sportsmanship in your opinion? Deliberately breaking the rules for the good of your team is only unsportsmanlike if you try to hide it or hurt another player imo.

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

Nah he denied being a racist and said that he was, personally, in denial about biting Chiellini in the aftermath.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Byolante posted:

Just because it was the smart thing to do that anyone else would have in his place it was still lovely and poor sportsmanship. Sportsmanship and professional competitive sport doesn't mix well though.

It was probably one of the best plays any of us will ever see in our lifetimes. He was appropriately punished and his team made it to the semi finals of the World Cup.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

loving LOL. We all know if Shawcross did this he'd be a hero.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I'm sorry I started this stupid debate again. At least we can all agree that racism is not a big deal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The handball was awesome and if you think anything about it was bad you're dumb and have a bad opinion.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The handball was awesome and if you think anything about it was bad you're dumb and have a bad opinion.

yep

he screwed himself out of a semifinal to give his team a chance at the semi-final. It was dirty as gently caress, but it was what a person who is professionally paid to win should do.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

He denied a African team a world cup semi final and celebrated it like he'd scored the winning goal. He's a proper oval office.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

He denied a African team a world cup semi final and celebrated it like he'd scored the winning goal. He's a proper oval office.

lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

hahaha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He celebrated like he'd saved the winning goal on the goal line.

americong
May 29, 2013

who's luis suarez again

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

the terror that bites in the night

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Byolante posted:

The act it self isn't really poor sportsmanship. The bit that was poor sportsmanship was the celebration afterwards. If he hadn't claimed that the hand of God now belonged to him and taken great pride in his achievement, most people would have forgotten about it (unless he went on to become a serial biting racist horse...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

The handball was incredible. I thought that at the time too so no Liverpool bias means it is objectively fact

• Locked thread