Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Switched over to StylePix a couple of years ago and I'm not sure, even with the new additions, what makes Paint.net worth checking out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Wheany posted:

StylePix is not free, right?

Paint.NET is both free and has a user interface that is designed for humans (unlike Gimp, even after all these years).
StylePix is free, StylePix Pro is currently $20 (normally $50).

One of the things I like very much in the free version is that, in the program itself, if you wouldn't go searching for it, you wouldn't know that there is a paid version. It's not shoved down your throat, you don't even have the greyed-out-things-causing-a-popup-reminding-you-to-buy thing. And the features missing from the free version actually go beyond what you'd expect in a free program. So I count StylePix as being honest to god free.

It's an allright program. It's not never need Photoshop again amazing, but it's ok. Last I tried Paint.Net, it took over 30 seconds to start on my netbook, which was pretty close to how long full Photoshop needed on that thing. Which is ridiculous for something to quickly crop a photo and put some text on it or something like that.

Can you edit text yet in Paint.Net? That's what got me to switch away from it.

• Locked thread