Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
I loved this. I watched it twice as it's pretty much exactly my jam. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should keep reading this thread or if goon sperging will make me hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Why is the Russian mole scientist telling the Russians that they even have a cure to be stolen? I would understand if it was some other crewman being like "oh hey Russians we have a cure" but this guy KNOWS that it's not done and that there's still more work to be did. Is stealing the "cure" taking all their work onto the Russian ship and forcing the doctor to redo everything there? It's such a weirdly lovely plot point and I wonder if it's handled differently in the book.

Also question: if the virus is airborne then can they catch it from a dead person who was infected? Was the point of that scene that there could be an alive infected person? I don't really understand how most things in life work.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

I figured that if the incubation period was 3 or 4 days that they would quarantine (really had no idea how to spell that holy poo poo) the people who went on the away mission so that they could be 100% sure that there was no accidental exposure. I don't think it would be that hard to set up a place on the deck to do that but I have issues with immersion and :negative:

But hey only doctor in the world who can fix this problem why don't you go and risk possible exposure because you feel you have to prove yourself.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

I was thinking that maybe there was a reason they were showing the guy who was inside with low oxygen coming outside, immediately taking off his mask and taking deep breaths. I dunno. I would have run further away - especially if I had just exploded something inside a place where there was lots of blood.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Does that mean that the messhall guy who has to play chess with the evil doctor is Harry or Tuvoc?

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

I just unapologeticly love it. But then again, I do have questionable taste soo.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

so as an epileptic woman who has seizures like the woman in the show had, I was of the impression that generally a grand mal seizure would be really, incredibly traumatic on a fetus. That, along with the high fever and hey deadly virus I dunno. This isn't my only gripe with this show, but any time I get any medical procedure done a pregnancy test is run (even though I have an IUD). Finally something for me to sperg over!

I was kinda starting to believe that maybe the virus had problems attacking certain black people who have sickle cell abnormalities (though it did wipe out Jamaica) and had this fantasy where they sail to Africa and it turns into an anti-white-supremacy show. That passed as soon as the one person of colour they included in their study went very downhill, tho. See TV, if you ever showed people of colour, I wouldn't be able to come to these ridiculous conclusions. (might be racist).

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Is my Africa the great theory so silly that you are all ignoring it :colbert:

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

can someone pls refresh me on who the bad guy is either on here or PM I feel that I'm really missing something by not remembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

I really think that I'm supposed to remember / know who he is.

• Locked thread