Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this mother fucker right here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Juan's Milotic

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The big dumb cat thing in Secret of Mana and the Anime Ninja in Mass Effect 3.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Wall Boss in TF2

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
final boss from Chains of Olympus fuuuuuck what a bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7WtqCK2wBo

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

The Rock at the end of WWE 2K14. The match is supposed to match up with the real match at Wrestlemania 29, so at the end both you and the Rock automatically get infinite finishers, and you're supposed reverse his finisher twice before you hit yours. So not only do you have to get the timing right to reverse his finisher once, you have to do it again after he reverses your finiser.

But luckily if you do it right you the ultimate reward: all of John Cena's colored shirts

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

that loving snake in Secret of Evermore

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
The big boss that jumps up and down to create a shockwave that you have to jump over.

The boss that is invincible 99% of the time until you do some tedious bullshit to make them vulnerable. Alternatively the boss that is only weak to one thing and if you don't have that thing you're hosed.

The boss that you are supposed to lose to and will lose to in the story even if you defeat them.

The boss that spams status conditions.

The boss that has a ton of health and you have a time limit to defeat them.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

LordHippoman posted:

Anime Ninja in Mass Effect 3.

This, and Bed of Chaos.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gently caress spiky tiger in Secret of Mana as someone mentioned

That thing is like a brick wall out of nowhere

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

The boss that doesn't give me a raise even though I've been working OT for the past 4 months. For gently caress's sake.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
The first boss in super mario 64. I agree, OP. But how about Bad Mr. Frosty in cf64 sc?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

red plastic cup posted:

The big boss that jumps up and down to create a shockwave that you have to jump over.

The boss that is invincible 99% of the time until you do some tedious bullshit to make them vulnerable. Alternatively the boss that is only weak to one thing and if you don't have that thing you're hosed.

The boss that you are supposed to lose to and will lose to in the story even if you defeat them.

The boss that spams status conditions.

The boss that has a ton of health and you have a time limit to defeat them.

huh, dark souls has all those bosses and only the second one is objectively terrible.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Alma final answer

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009

red plastic cup posted:

Slight variation on this one. A boss that you are supposed to lose to but wasn't made overwhelmingly strong, just unlimited health, so you spend a lot of time, energy and items before letting the boss kill you.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
anything in a survival horror game

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Lady Comstock's ghost can tongue my dirt pipe

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
wesker in RE5 is a total ballache

the first phase, not so much tentacle wesker. fucker will sometimes shoot your for 75% of your health as soon as the fight starts before you can even react

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

stupid loving mole knight's level in shovel knight

why the gently caress would green slime turn lava into bouncy poo poo and gently caress the explody blocks

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

stupid loving mole knight's level in shovel knight

why the gently caress would green slime turn lava into bouncy poo poo and gently caress the explody blocks

this game owns fyi

agreed with the loving spiky tiger in Secret of Mana
someone made a romhack of Super Mario Bros. 3 and the big boo is in it and it's a really aggravating boss fight

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

I hate bosses that spawn minions all the time.

Like, i want to fight you rear end in a top hat, i fought your stupid minions for all of the game already

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SGR posted:

this game owns fyi

Yeah it really does but I tried to play that level last night when I was tired and holy poo poo it was frustrating

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

any boss that gets invincibility frames when you hit them so you can't kill them quickly

any boss that makes you wait before you can hit their weak spot or some poo poo (worst offender, arkham asylum's poison ivy fight)

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
Arkham boss fight from DMC3, definitely. Vergil coming in to steal your style button for babysitting his AI doesn't even really need is pretty loving weak

Also the boss fight itself is long and boring and Arkham's boss design sucks too. He doesn't really personify the power of Sparda so much as he does the power of Sparda's bowel movements

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the one from tekken 6

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jackie D posted:

that loving snake in Secret of Evermore

2000 HP and your best weapon can do 50 on a crit. ENJOY!!!!

Also the Verminator for the same drat reason

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

JethroMcB posted:

2000 HP and your best weapon can do 50 on a crit. ENJOY!!!!

Also the Verminator for the same drat reason

verminator has a special place in my heart because i accidentally sequence broke past him every loving time as a kid and that room made you hardlock if you showed up after that

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013

i keep watching this hoping he'll eventually make it past him

Dec 26, 2012

roll! roll!!!!

:negative:

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

I never had issues with this boss but the gives me frustration by association.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

FartGhost posted:

I hate bosses that spawn minions all the time.

Like, i want to fight you rear end in a top hat, i fought your stupid minions for all of the game already

So I'm guessing you really loving hate Binding of Isaac

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Every boss

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fenrir posted:

So I'm guessing you really loving hate Binding of Isaac

most of binding of isaac's bosses are loving terrible

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
Mother Brains

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Whenever it's not clear that I'm actually supposed to lose the fight to progress.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Basically any boss that has too much HP because more HP is not a substitute for an actual challenge, it's just a test of how many healing items you have. Most multiform bosses are also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLiTpXTqASU

• Locked thread