Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Lemon King posted:

Way to bring back the CoV Mastermind. :allears:

Hey man it was a good idea then it just needed more love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

randombattle posted:

Hey man it was a good idea then it just needed more love.

I used to love my Mastermind. Best pet class I've ever played. Unless DAoC theurgist count...

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Everyone else is splaying a TPS, The Guard is playing an RTS.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So I signed up on the Eternal Crusade site and all that. I have to say this game looks super early... like, really early.

I'm not even sure what I'd be pledging for at higher tiers - earlier alpha/beta access? More cash shop money? Did I miss anything?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

DancingShade posted:

So I signed up on the Eternal Crusade site and all that. I have to say this game looks super early... like, really early.

I'm not even sure what I'd be pledging for at higher tiers - earlier alpha/beta access? More cash shop money? Did I miss anything?

Forum access. Continuing in the great line of highly successful p2post.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

DancingShade posted:

The ability to sink money into a game that nobody has seen or has previewed yet. You can pay money to join their fan club or spend $35 for a gun!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am hopeful for the game, but I am still going to wait till we have a game play trailer or something before I invest money in it.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am hopeful for the game, but I am still going to wait till we have a game play trailer or something before I invest money in it.

So far it looks like a really pre-alpha form of Space Marine multiplayer. Which begs the question, why didn't they just request the Space Marine assets.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Killsion posted:

So far it looks like a really pre-alpha form of Space Marine multiplayer. Which begs the question, why didn't they just request the Space Marine assets.

Possibility 1: complex legal issues prevent sharing assets that way.

Possibility 2 (terrifyingly more likely): 3d artists who are *also* warhammer nerds in new studio refuse to take old models and assets because they're all 'wrong' and 'out of scale'. Pledge to do it all over again, only this time the 'right' way.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Killsion posted:

I know that. I mean when they get out of Alpha and show us more stuff. They said you can drive vehicles for example.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Right now I don't think you can even call it an alpha. It's really early.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Killsion posted:

I think they actually did. Some of the UI elements are taken straight out of Space Marine.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Senjuro posted:

I think they actually did. Some of the UI elements are taken straight out of Space Marine.

Eternal Crusade: Looted Space Marine

The chainsword and running animations don't match Space Marine though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Donnerberg posted:

Eternal Crusade: Looted Space Marine

The chainsword and running animations don't match Space Marine though.

The jetpack is completely from Space Marine down to the target on the ground however. You can tell the stuff they replaced because it doesn't look like it fits in at all like when he does the ground slam from the air it immediately goes to a weird looking almost static animation.

It just makes me feel bad for Relic having done all this work just to have GW throw it at whoever was the lowest bidder. I hope this game is good but man shovelware studios aren't known for their ability to turn into great content creators.

extraordinary
Jun 9, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I know that. I mean when they get out of Alpha and show us more stuff. They said you can drive vehicles for example.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mmo-warhammer-40-000-eternal-crusade-launches-founder-program-releases-alpha-gameplay-footage/1100-6420811/

Second trailer shows Vehicles. Even one driving. And subsequently exploding.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Clearly not updated for 7th Edition, then.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Have they said anything about having a cover system? Ideally it would work like in the new Tomb Raider where your character just automatically crouches when close to cover without having to press anything to enter or leave.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 1, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The devs sound like they care and that they know 40K but they also sound really naive

Like this magical server system they've bought from a third party and are going to use for the game. They claim they'll be able to pack 1000's of people into small areas and I just don't buy it

Planetside 2 can barely handle a few hundred people in the same area without people starting to phase in and out of existance and lagging around and that's with a studio who had previous massive multiplayer experience

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

To be correct I want to see it when all the place holders are gone and I can see what looks like an almost complete game.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.
Here's an optimistic article from IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/the-living-breathing-player-driven-world-of-warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

Planetside 2 can barely handle a few hundred people in the same area without people starting to phase in and out of existance and lagging around and that's with a studio who had previous massive multiplayer experience

The only hope I have for actual massive multiplayer online games was seeing 500 players fighting each other at once in Elder Scrolls Online with minimal lag. 1000s of people is extremely optimistic and won't happen but it would be nice to get Planetside sized fights in the 40k universe. I'm still not quite sure what kind of idiot wouldn't just clone Planetside in the 40K universe and print money. Then again ~*my vision*~.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Extra posted:

The only hope I have for actual massive multiplayer online games was seeing 500 players fighting each other at once in Elder Scrolls Online with minimal lag. 1000s of people is extremely optimistic and won't happen but it would be nice to get Planetside sized fights in the 40k universe. I'm still not quite sure what kind of idiot wouldn't just clone Planetside in the 40K universe and print money. Then again ~*my vision*~.

MAX's would even give some vague way of implementing Terminators and other "elite" units for factions. Scale up infantry to be big guys, MAX's are bigger guys, problem solved. MAX crashes in Planetside 2 are already pretty close to how termies are used in the fluff anyway. Well, without any teleporters I guess.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Senjuro posted:

Have they said anything about having a cover system? Ideally it would work like in the new Tomb Raider where your character just automatically crouches when close to cover without having to press anything to enter or leave.

Cover systems are for weedy space-elfs, the Emperor's Finest don't hide behind poo poo like cowards. So far, the rigged-up deathmatches and capture games they've been playing inhouse make me think the core part of their game might be pretty far along as far as shooting mans goes. At least the devs have familiarity with the IP, but the four classes per faction is giving me some nasty Warhammer Online vibes.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Dreadwroth posted:

Cover systems are for weedy space-elfs, the Emperor's Finest don't hide behind poo poo like cowards. So far, the rigged-up deathmatches and capture games they've been playing inhouse make me think the core part of their game might be pretty far along as far as shooting mans goes. At least the devs have familiarity with the IP, but the four classes per faction is giving me some nasty Warhammer Online vibes.

Yeah, the fact that all the videos so far show no sign of a real cover system is disconcerting. If they really want battles to involve hundreds of players then it's going to be widely chaotic if everyone is always running around in the open. How is a puny eldar supposed to survive in that?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Senjuro posted:

Yeah, the fact that all the videos so far show no sign of a real cover system is disconcerting. If they really want battles to involve hundreds of players then it's going to be widely chaotic if everyone is always running around in the open. How is a puny eldar supposed to survive in that?

There will probably be objects and structures in the game. Some of them likely to stand between you and the guy shooting at you.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Dreadwroth posted:

The latest blog post from the CEO said they were working to switch engines for the project: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/eternal-crusade-updates-customer-service-and-miguel-next-week-summer-vacation.22340/

quote:

Client Engine
Regarding our Game Engine, Obviously we are using one now but we are reviewing the business proposal from them as well as from others since you know that all engines have recently updated both their price and their business model. Once we have a firm business deal (licence vs royalty, etc..) Patrick our Lead Programmer will confirm our Engine.... for those few who does not have a guess it yet! :)
I'm going to assume it'll be Unreal Engine 4, because right now it looks like they've been prototyping mechanics with Unity.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Senjuro posted:

Magic and mobility. Eldar have plenty of bullshit that would allow them to win a stand up fight with a Space Marine.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/c/4643329

Doesn't look TOO bad.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It doesn't look too bad cause it's 90% Space Marine stuff.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
Keeping hope alive. A founder I be. Come on, don't screw this up, it has so much potential.

Referral code: EC-IKPJFTICQ1DLT

I used your code, Rhjamiz, since it was the last one posted.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kiffetastic posted:

Keeping hope alive. A founder I be. Come on, don't screw this up, it has so much potential.

Hurrah, coveted referrals!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Kiffetastic posted:

I had planned to throw some money at this one but after I took a look at the founder page I thought 'WTF, $450 bucks to play as Eldar?'. Then I read it properly and checked through the FAQ. I wonder how many people took one look, jumped to the same conclusion and left again without reading?
I gave them some money and now we wait to see what they come up with.

bigcracker
Jan 18, 2012
I got hope, Purchased a founder pack because the devs look like the care and its warhammer.

Here is my refers code: EC-8IFFAW1YAZAWJ

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bleusilences posted:

This why companies should never release real alpha gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewi2Ob91zU4

Hey arent these the models and mechanics of space marine's multiplayer on an unfinished map?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Normal Adult Human posted:

Hey arent these the models and mechanics of space marine's multiplayer on an unfinished map?

It doesn't look that good.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

bigcracker posted:

I got hope, Purchased a founder pack because the devs look like the care and its warhammer.

Here is my refers code: EC-8IFFAW1YAZAWJ

I used your code, still waiting before I dive in on a pack for sure. If anyone needs a thingy, here is a thingy: EC-NW9LD8X6TRSVR

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

WebDO posted:

I used your code, still waiting before I dive in on a pack for sure. If anyone needs a thingy, here is a thingy: EC-NW9LD8X6TRSVR

Took the thingy.

So were all agreed that if this game is good, were gonna go Orks, right? I wanna loot some predators so bad, Deathskulls are da best!

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Am I reading that OP correctly?

If you pay for the game you'll be able to play a glorious Space Marine and get to mow down hordes of unwashed pubbie free-to-play Orks?

That sounds hilariously tear-inducing. I'm in.....I'm not pre-ordering though. Never again.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Oh man, I wish I'd checked for a thread before picking this up. My code is EC-YEGZ8RZTAKCMZ here's hoping that I don't regret pre-ordering to much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

According to the email they sent out, there's going to be a Twitch stream of a "Team Combat Demonstration" from 1:30-2:30pm EDT this Friday, July 25th on https://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade. They claim they'll be answering questions from both Twitch chat and twitter, so I guess there's that.

• Locked thread