Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Paineopticon posted:

It's definitely not looking good. Lol @ people who spent money before anything was even fuckin made

Not all of us still live in 2007, get with the times noob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Look I have given thousands to Christ Roberts as he is the second coming of PC Gaming.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

BigPaddy posted:

Look I have given thousands to Christ Roberts as he is the second coming of PC Gaming.

And all of that money has gone down the golden throne...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here is the current plan. https://www.eternalcrusade.com/news/480-State-Of-The-Crusade-IV

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Least they're being honest in that the game won't come out / will come out and suck.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Sounds more like a lot of spawn flipping than actual pvp.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Skoll posted:

Least they're being honest in that the game won't come out / will come out and suck.

If they released a F2P version of Space Marine's multiplayer with slightly bigger maps, extra races and actual dedicated servers I'd be happy. Lets face it, it doesn't have to be the best game ever to be better than most attempts at a 40K title. Hell a playable release would make it better than average at this point.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Verizian posted:

If they released a F2P version of Space Marine's multiplayer with slightly bigger maps, extra races and actual dedicated servers I'd be happy. Lets face it, it doesn't have to be the best game ever to be better than most attempts at a 40K title. Hell a playable release would make it better than average at this point.

What you aren't a fan of warhammer 40k chess?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

randombattle posted:

What you aren't a fan of warhammer 40k chess?

Just reminds me of this

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Verizian posted:

If they released a F2P version of Space Marine's multiplayer with slightly bigger maps, extra races and actual dedicated servers I'd be happy.

I think that's more than we can ask for at this point.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Reason #19,374,658,383,764 not to buy into Early Access bullshit.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

jabro posted:

Reason #19,374,658,383,764 not to buy into Early Access bullshit.

In all fairness this has nothing to do with early access this is just the next 40k game.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Never mind not buying early access there is no reason to pre order anything ever unless you want the cosmetic doodads. It is not like they are going to run out of copies anymore since they are not physical media.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It preys on the fear that this will be the NEXT BIG THING and be a ten-year-long institution and people want it to be apparent that they were on the ground floor. It takes a special kind of stupid to buy into it, especially when there is no demo, barely any work has been done, and the developer has no pedigree. (referring to people bought in at the start when they hadn't even started doing things beyond planning what they wanted to do in the game)

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Sorry Eternal Crusade,Games Workshop says its not you, its me

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Yet another no name studio who will put out some alpha footage then all their people will leave to go work on real projects not just CV padders.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
How do the people at gw gently caress up this much so consistently? You think the law of averages would mean they'd have to get something right eventually, right?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
They did

Dawn of War

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

They did

Dawn of War

Space Marine.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

quote:

NeocoreGames also promises that, after the campaign concludes, the story will continue “in a colossal sandbox game” that the developer claims will give players “years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the action-RPG gameplay.”

Do enough people still believe this poo poo that it's still worth it for companies to say it? What a loving insane claim

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Paineopticon posted:

Do enough people still believe this poo poo that it's still worth it for companies to say it? What a loving insane claim

They just created a leveling curve that literally would take years to complete, playing 24x7. Grinding is 'constant entertainment'.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Beggars can't be choosers. Until the blessed day when Relic announces Dawn of War 3 our choices are either games like this or some mobile poo poo or loving chess. The Van Helsing games seem to be doing alright so at least it's not a completely no name developer.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Have we heard anything else about the upcoming DEATHWING? Mildly hyped for that one.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
It showed some signs of life at E3. Looks like it's going to be like a Left 4 Dead type game.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Senjuro posted:

Beggars can't be choosers. Until the blessed day when Relic announces Dawn of War 3 our choices are either games like this or some mobile poo poo or loving chess. The Van Helsing games seem to be doing alright so at least it's not a completely no name developer.

Since THQ went bust and they were bought by SEGA have they done anything? Didn't they lose the GW rights due to all that?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Senjuro posted:

It showed some signs of life at E3. Looks like it's going to be like a Left 4 Dead type game.

Horde mode + terminators sounds kinda fun tbh. Anyone leak any cool videos of gameplay yet? Did they even have gameplay to show? :q:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

There was some super bad off screen footage but nothing official or good quality. It looked a bit more involved than l4d.

Sega also just reregistered the dawn of war 3 domain ontop of dow1-2 all getting updates and steam cards. I wouldn't be surprised if relic has been renegotiating contracts with thq out of the picture and is about to announce dow3. I mean poo poo 2 made so much more money than any of the tower defense or chess games that gw has been farting out.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 16, 2015

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

BigPaddy posted:

Since THQ went bust and they were bought by SEGA have they done anything? Didn't they lose the GW rights due to all that?

It seemed at first that they lost the rights but in an interview around the time CoH2 came out they said they do have them now. They've been very coy in general whenever asked if they're actually working on anything 40k related but I have a feeling Dawn of War 3 could actually happen and sooner than we think.

In another recent interview some guy from Relic said that only half the company is working on CoH2 DLC so there's something else they haven't announced yet.
in the past year or so Relic have suddenly increased their support for the DoW games. Replacing GameSpy with Steam, rebuilding the community site, even adding steam cards.
On March this year Sega updated the dawnofwar3.com domain.
https://www.relic.com is getting a makeover.
Gamescom is next month.

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but I dunno... I like where things seem to be headed.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Van Helsing and the King Arthur games loving own, looking forward to kicking rear end as an Inquisitor and wearing the dumbest hat I can get hands on

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Seemed like a good place to post this, gog now has Chaos Gate, Shadow of the Horned Rat and my favorite Final Liberation. Chaos Gate is :10bux: and the other two are each $6.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Eternal Crusade now runs on Unreal Engine 4. Hope you like chromatic aberration.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

robziel posted:

Seemed like a good place to post this, gog now has Chaos Gate, Shadow of the Horned Rat and my favorite Final Liberation. Chaos Gate is :10bux: and the other two are each $6.
Holy shiiiiiit. Did they update Chaos Gate to actually work with new versions of Windows? I loving loved Chaos Gate.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Pierson posted:

Holy shiiiiiit. Did they update Chaos Gate to actually work with new versions of Windows? I loving loved Chaos Gate.

Should be, GoG's releases work on pretty much anything and I've never had an issue with anything I've bought through them before. The store page also says it works on windows XP, vista, 7 and 8.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When will Warhammer 40k Planetside 2 clone be released.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Never because it's not gonna be planetside anymore. It's just space marine mp now.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If it's that hard to make a legit mmofps I could see Daybreak someday getting tagged to literally make planetside 3:warhammer, planetside 2 is great and h1z1 is super popular for some reason

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
How hard can it be to crank out a PS2 rip off with warhammer skins? that's about the only game i can think off that would be improved by being tied to an existing IP.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

malhavok posted:

How hard can it be to crank out a PS2 rip off with warhammer skins? that's about the only game i can think off that would be improved by being tied to an existing IP.

It's hard when you give the job to a developer that has made games such as High School Musical: Sing It! and Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors and then have a bunch of leads leave the project half way through.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

h1z1 is super popular for some reason

Because Mittens of Goonfleet fame is being paid in coke by Daybreak to push people bored of Eve towards it since you can be as big a poo poo head in H1Z1 as you can in Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

randombattle posted:

Never because it's not gonna be planetside anymore. It's just space marine mp now.

So all this time they are wasting because they could just make another space marine dlc.

• Locked thread