Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i hate meatloaf
May 23, 2010
Hell yeah! Looks awesome, and posted right before I need to go to work!

So Kuvira pretty much confirmed for villain? Holy poo poo Toph, and hell yeah Zhu Li in a mechatank!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

hiddenriverninja posted:

edit: it's not loading for me :(
Nicks website is running slower than Youtube, the video just hangs halfway through.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Zhu Li is gonna do the thing.

Get hype.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

quote:

SPOILER RULES: Are you talking about something that's already aired in an episode on the East Coast? Then you don't need spoiler tags. Are you talking about something that you only saw in a preview, or a commercial, or or due to a leaked ANYTHING? Then you need spoiler tags

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

i hate meatloaf posted:

Hell yeah! Looks awesome, and posted right before I need to go to work!

So Kuvira pretty much confirmed for villain? Holy poo poo Toph, and hell yeah Zhu Li in a mechatank!

Can someone please give me a time code for when Toph appears? I missed it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

That woman sitting beside Zuko in fire nation garb at 1:49... have we seen her before? I wonder if that's his wife or daughter?

hiddenriverninja posted:

She doesn't, but the trailer ends with Korra saying "Toph??"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

hiddenriverninja posted:

After the splash at the end.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenriverninja posted:

We didn't see her, just heard Korra reacting to finding her.

Also holy poo poo this season is going to be loving crazy.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Aww yeah fascist reactionary Earth kingdom thing

Aww no the idiot is back with his idiot secretary

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

We didn't see her, just heard Korra reacting to finding her.

Also holy poo poo this season is going to be loving crazy.

Did they calm Mako's hair down? I couldn't tell if it was him or Iroh 2.0.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Fixed, sorry about that.

On second watch, it looks like we get to see Zuko's daughter at a meeting with the other nation leaders? Also if the Earth Nation and/or Metal Clan are on the warpath again, I wonder how Korra will handle it as opposed to how Avatar Kyoshi dealt with the same problem.

Korra with short hair looks so much like Opal to me, but maybe it's just do to the fast cuts in the trailer. Also it looks like everyone got a design update except for Bolin and the older folks.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Toshimo posted:

After the splash at the end.
Speculation: she dead.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I almost feel like, from some of the imagery, the solution they had for Korra being a cripple was for her to astral project into the Spirit World and then pop through a portal back to the physical world, thereby just basically trading her old and busted body out for a shiny new spirit one.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jackard posted:

Speculation: she dead.

Fact: She the Melon Lord.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo

I really don't know what to make of the timeskip, but Jesus. Bryke haven't failed me yet, but this looks so goddamn intense.

EDIT: Also not a fan of the new Air Nomad design. Reminds me too much of After Earth and hence Shyamalan.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

So is this trailer up somewhere that isn't region locked?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ShadowCatboy posted:

EDIT: Also not a fan of the new Air Nomad design. Reminds me too much of After Earth and hence Shyamalan.
Agreed, that wingsuit design looks too superheroic.

Korra has a surprise encounter with Toph in what appears to be a cave; she must have become a sage and/or passed away.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So it looks like the Avatar Crew came in knowing this is the last season they're going to get to play around in this sandbox, so they're gonna try and wrap everything up.

The three-year timeskip is a solid way to get across the ramifications of everything that has happened so far. This season will show what it's like to live in the world Korra has created. There will be some menace, some antagonist that will have to be stopped, but that's what it'll really be about. Good. It looks good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can someone outside the US try this link:

http://media.mtvnservices.com/playe...6device%3dOther

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

That works.

Thanks!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

get hype

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

After two water and an air villain, it's time for earth!

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Thanks, you wonderful Internet guy!

Edit: was the bespectacled lady sitting beside Zuko his daughter or just a random secretary?

PiedPiper fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 26, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PiedPiper posted:

Thanks, you wonderful Internet guy!

Edit: was the bespectacled lady sitting beside Zuko his daughter or just a random secretary?
Judging by the crown, I'm going to say that's his daughter, the Firelord.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Judging by the crown, I'm going to say that's his daughter, the Firelord.

Firelady

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Firelady

Azula was Fire Lord. :colbert:

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Korra with short hair looks so much like Opal to me, but maybe it's just do to the fast cuts in the trailer. Also it looks like everyone got a design update except for Bolin and the older folks.[/spoiler]

I was having the damndest time telling them apart, especially since Korra wasn't wearing her usual blue getup at several points in the trailer.

Also, with his stupid new haircut, I kept thinking Mako was Iroh II.

These kids need to wear nametags.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Trailer's up on youtube.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

How are they dropping the episodes for this season? Are we getting two per week again?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

thexerox123 posted:

Azula was Fire Lord. :colbert:

The hell she was. Maybe you need to go watch the Last Agni Kai again. She got rekt.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

How are they dropping the episodes for this season? Are we getting two per week again?
One a week online every Friday starting next week.
They'll probably do the last two episodes at once, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Working on a quick new thread because why the hell not, not gonna be terribly in-depth because there's not that much out there to talk about but whatever. Do we know what time this is going to air? The trailer only lists the day.

e: Like, i can't even find a promo image without the haircut, which is kind of a spoiler but who really cares at this point

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zhu Li in a mech suit. :allears:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MrAristocrates posted:

Working on a quick new thread because why the hell not, not gonna be terribly in-depth because there's not that much out there to talk about but whatever. Do we know what time this is going to air? The trailer only lists the day.

e: Like, i can't even find a promo image without the haircut, which is kind of a spoiler but who really cares at this point
You had real life going on while the episodes were coming out, but Nickelodeon never managed to have consistent release times. They always aimed for noon, but they would go up on Amazon Prime, and then the rest of the internet, at about 3 am.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I wish, that flowed much more smoothly.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Toshimo posted:

I almost feel like, from some of the imagery, the solution they had for Korra being a cripple was for her to astral project into the Spirit World and then pop through a portal back to the physical world, thereby just basically trading her old and busted body out for a shiny new spirit one.

Unless I'm forgetting something, that wouldn't give her a new physical body. Even if she used a portal from the Spirit World, she would still be a spirit, which means she wouldn't be able to bend.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Korra's going full Kyoshi. You never go full Kyoshi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8hiHDcMmE&t=45s

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The biggest takeaway from this is that korra is now old enough to buy smokes.

she was always destined to be the first chain-smoking avatar

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Toshimo posted:

Zhu Li is gonna do the thing. Get hype.

This is the new thread's title, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OB_Juan posted:

This is the new thread's title, right?

The entire reason I made a new thread is because someone suggested an even better one.

• Locked thread