Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Thread created by Studio Pierrot

:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
We all know Toph went off to lord over her melons.

Muhahahahahahahaha!

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Well, I think they made as much as they were originally planning to make for Korra with Book 4 already on its way to being animated.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
It's been episodes since we've seen old man Zuko. What the gently caress, online only show, get on that poo poo.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I just realized how ingenious it was to have the antagonists be anarchists what with the whole 1920s type setting.

I don't even remember if season 2 had the same sort of soundtrack, but I noticed that in the last few episodes, it's getting back to season 1 type of 1920's music and I really enjoy what it brings in terms of feeling to the world they built for Korra.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Jackard posted:

This season needs an Empire Strikes Back finale,

Given that they got news in how many books they wanted and got renewed for, I'm thinking that a betting man would put good money on this having an Empire Strikes Back finale.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
That was some amazing stuff. Wow. Yeah, it really does make up for season 2 and while not a "WORLD THREAT OF THE END OF ALL THINGS!" as season 2 built up, this was even more dire and the build up really carried what the stakes were.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
The only thing I regret is that Katara wasn't even there for her grand daughter's air master ceremony and that Toph didn't show up. I really hoped for her to make an appearance the way they left her as just walking off into the sunset and has not been seen since.

With Old man Zuko there, it would have been interesting to see the surviving old school group stand together.

Book 4 better have some mother loving Fire Nation in it since we have seen so little of that. As well as Iroh-man again.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

thexerox123 posted:

There's no way they're not planning on paying off the fact that Zuko now knows that Iroh is in the spirit world.

I was talking about Zuko's grandson. but yeah, I want to see Zuko and old man Iroh back again. It would bring great honor to this show.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Did you miss the part of his new world order? He needed a bunch of impressionable minds to shape into.. I dunno. But that was originally the plan with little Korra, and thus having to put her into hiding.

It was simply there to show he had hostages that he wasn't going to give up.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

TheModernAmerican posted:

The only other times Mako uses electricity is when he's working at a power plant and that one time riding a car. It's abundantly clear that he is not a natural with it and needs to be still to do it.

Yeah, it seemed like in the underground lake cavern there wasn't a chance to miss, while in other situations armless water bender was too fluid of a target to actually land a precision lightning strike.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Clearly she's connected to her past lives still...

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Hauldren Collider posted:

I'm pretty sure they actually animate after the voice work. It goes script/storyboards->voiceovers->final animation/lipsyncing.

Considering Book 4 already wrapped everything but animating it, yeah, pretty much this. Which means that they could ad-lib. For the most part, the bird noises as they came from the lava filled air temple didn't focus on his mouth, so it could have easily been ad-libbed and tossed in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I love the book 4 title Balance

Oh man, this is going to be so good. yeeeeeesss!

• Locked thread