Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

"Why didn't someone tell us we had a secret ice prison we could have been throwing people into ?"

Whether the fight was a letdown or not (not), the sequence gave us the twins' best line of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Wildeyes posted:

Eh, I've seen a tutorial from a Photoshop programmer where the programmer acknowledged that some users would buy Photoshop and some would torrent it (without saying anything negative about the second option). So it really doesn't surprise me that some creative types have come to terms with what's actually happening.

A lot of software companies would rather people pirated their stuff than use cheap or free competitors. It's a big part of how Adobe beat out Corel and Macromedia.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Babygravy posted:

Season 5: sequel to the sequel?

Nope. 5 should be Life of Kyoshi

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I agree, this was one of the best scripts of either show. It was also the best of Korra's saga. I've been getting progressively more excited all season. Naturally this is the season where Nick screws with the show.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

X_Toad posted:

I always got the impression that she was in the "skilled but not particularly strong" range, perhaps because she uses a weapon that can send people down in one shot and doesn't display as many acrobatics as Ty Lee. Her fights tend to be really short, she generally begins them with a sneak attack to reduce the opposition and prefers to have her opponents down very quickly. Compare with Korra, who is physically strong and prefers to hit the opposition relentlessly until their defense breaks.

Asami hasn't shown as many gymnastic moves as Ty Lee, but she's still got plenty. Just in this season she managed to do a flip over a motorcycle and zap one of the riders.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Well that was a nice apology for Season 2. Possibly the best pair of episodes they've done since this whole thing started.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I like how in the middle of the tenseness with Korra's negotiations with Zaheer in the beginning of the episode, we got a scene of Naga and Bolin's pet loving around.

The pacing in the finale was really good.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Spergatory posted:

My favorite thing about that fight is Pakku seeing his own :stare: face reflected in an ice disk as it just misses cutting right through him.

Yep, that was a great facial expression he had. You can tell he's suddenly thinking "this little girl isn't playing". Particularly because she'd sent over a couple of disks oriented horizontally, and then one right at his head at a different angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Three years later ?

"I don't believe it.. Toph ?"

• Locked thread