Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
That's actually kind of surprising to me, though I guess it shouldn't be since there probably aren't a wealth of Japanese people who write subtitles for American animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I really really really don't understand why they didn't just put it on their website to begin with. That's how I watched all of Books 1 and 2 since I never liked their on-air time slots and I didn't have to break any laws.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

When is the estimated release date for the Korra game? Is it only on consoles or will it be on Steam too?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

I think you mean Ming-Hua, Lin is voiced by Mindy Sterling.

Actually in the flashbacks in Old Wounds, Lin was voiced by Grey Delisle!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

So, if the Red Lotus doesn't intend to kill Korra, what exactly are they going to do with her? Doesn't seem like she could swayed to their point of view.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Whatever happens, I just hope we have a scene of Lord Zuko entering the Spirit World for a nice reunion with Iroh. :unsmith:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

No, there is another option, which is to show that any one teacher can only give you so much, and that you need varying viewpoints and mentors. Which they've already done. Tenzin's been busy with the new air nation... while he's still a mentor figure to Korra, he hasn't actually actively been her mentor much this season, at all.

And he actively sought out Korra's advice a few episodes ago, too!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Superstring posted:

That last shot is going to haunt me until season 4. What is she feeling!? How do I interpret this!?

The pain of waiting for a new season begins again...

Probably sadness at being so helpless and weak that others have to step up and bear her responsibility of keeping the peace/balance, as well as joy for seeing the Air Nomads flourishing again after nearly 200 years.

I really really liked this finale, and seeing Korra in such a state was so jarring, but in a good way. She barely says more than a few sentences but so much is conveyed through her weary and exhausted expression. She's faced so much in so little time and it's finally taking its toll on her. Her visions of the past villains when she was being poisoned was a great callback to just show how much she's had to deal with as the Avatar.

MacBook Air Gamer fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 23, 2014

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Naga is really cute and I wish I could pet her!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

NowonSA posted:

While it'll never happen, Korra living peacefully in retirement ala the start of Commando and being called back into action would be rad. I also am fairly certain she won't be healthy at the start of next season, as that recovery arc is a hell of a thing to waste offscreen.

I think if they were to focus on any recovery for Korra, it would be mental.

Also, Book 4: Balance confirmed for "SOON" by Bryan K. on tumblr.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I'm hearing February 2015 but can't find a source.

E: oh right that was the AU airdate.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Yeah I guess Nick really is shoving Korra out as quickly as possible. They probably sent some suit to Mike and Bryan while they were on lunch and were like "Hey, we need a promo for Book 4's premiere, and we need it in 1 hour."

Still, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I can't believe I actually watched that entire Nostalgia Critic video but was genuinely surprised he didn't have Avatar Day on his list, since I always assumed that was up there with the Great Divide with being disliked by most fans.

I mean, of course it has Kyoshi but it's still kind of a weak episode overall.

And I didn't really agree with a lot of his points such as "Why did they have to show Sokka's escape plan failing??" like he seemed to dislike conflict being made in episodes.

• Locked thread