Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel

X_Toad posted:

Now that is some great Binks-ing! Be useful because of your idiocy and clumsiness! And you get to save the day!

That's actually exactly what The Clone War show did with Binks. Which makes sense, because they had many of the writers of ATLA on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
I love that the Dai Li is still around, basically the exact same organization as they were in ATLA despite having defected and served Azula during that show.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm just disappointed that in that sequence we didn't have him do the marble spinning trick to try and impress people about airbending

Nah, that would convert anyone. When Aang pulled it the first time someone passed out in awe.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
There was also the picture of the "Dear Leader" in Bolin and Mako's grandma's house. Up till then I was thinking Qing era China but that certainly had North Korea vibes.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

The Cabbage Clan built up a multibillion dollar conglomerate with nothing but the sweat of their brow and allllot of Ang's reparations fund.

Cabbage Corp hasn't shown up after the first season, I'm kinda bummed about that. If Asami's company can make a go of it under new leadership why can't Cabbage corp?

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

Babygravy posted:

I am hoping to see something redeeming this season for Lin. So far she's this badass chief of police, with no real backstory developed, no great feats and no real character building other then she use to date Tenzin.

Though I will say the fact that she used to date Tenzin is actually a really interesting piece of character background for both of them. The fact that Lin clearly hates children, while Tenzin as the last airbender had to have them to carry on his people tells you a lot about both of them. It also goes a long way toward explaining Tenzin's relationship with Pema and the rest of his family.

It was one of the things that the first season did right.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

Jorghnassen posted:

They couldn't say it explicitly because of Standards and Practices...
This is the crux of the issue. Remember ATLA had issues with anyone ever explicitly dieing, which they did a great job of parodying with the scene about Jet in the Ember Island players episode. It's also the reason the characters on the show kept using cute little euphemisms about the need to "end you."

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
I bet Bolin picks up sand bending rather then metal bending. We haven't seen sandbenders in a long while.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Leaving the Earth Queen alive would just make it really confusing about when they actually intended to kill characters. It's like how when Jet died there were still people convinced that he must be alive because it was never explicitly stated that he died. If you bring the Earth Queen back then we get to deal with people debating that Amon and Tarlock are still alive, or any other character that died off-screen.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
In a lot of ways killing Tenzin would make dramatic sense. You can't really have a hero who has a super reliable and effective mentor guiding them all the time. The only other option is to make him look like an idiot, which only works so long.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Also she hasn't publicly used the Avatar state since losing access to the other Avatar's powers and abilities right? So they really had no way to gauge what Korra herself would be capable of.

I really think this show leaves me with only one big question, is Jinora going to stay bald?

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

Pomp posted:

I assumed they just shifted everyone a spot out for the new avatar.

This makes way more sense than assuming either that the shows writers planed a series ahead or that Air Benders knew the future.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

"I also feel dead inside. Wanna hang out?" :geno:

Speaking of Mai, I wonder if we are ever going to find out if Zuko married her or not. They kind of dodged that question with Toph by making the parentage of both her children a mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Only problem I have is that no one tried to confront mister "change happens and people should accept that" Tenzin and tell him that the New Air Nation shouldn't just repeat the near dead culture of his father because he wants it to be. Why should all the air benders be Air Nomads?

Wasn't the entire point of the end that Tenzin changed? He did make Jinora an master and realized that the Air nation couldn't live like it did when Ang was born. He still wanted to save something of the Air nations traditions but he also changed their entire way of life and gave the nation a new mission to defend the world precisely because it couldn't stay the same.

• Locked thread