Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's still possible to redeem Korra as a character. I just don't see her doing anything interesting with any of the current characters aside from Tenzin and Lin.

Just nuke Mako and Bolin from space already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

e X posted:

At the risk of sounding like I am jumping on the hate bandwagon, I don't actually think the last airbender was all that great either, all in all. It coasts a lot on its second season, which was absolutely stellar, but season one was pretty standard adventure cartoon, in no way bad, but also not incredible good. Season three, in my opinion, was a complete mess and all over the place.
It makes for a good show, if you binge it, though.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The Storm, The Blue Spirit, and the finale are basically the best parts of Avatar Season 1, but it's still pretty drat good as a whole. The whole of the show is miles better than it's best parts alone.

Also where the hell did Korra Season 3 come from?!? I literally just heard about it! Season 1 had months of build up before the first episode aired, and season 2 I remember was at least a couple of weeks between trailer and premier.
Some episodes from season 3 leaked, so the Korra people decided to launch the series early, being as clueless about promotion and drumming up hype, as they are at writing a character ensemble.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
This season is okay to me, because the bar has been lowered so much by the last season, but it does feel like the show is being very defensive by choosing not to add any element of character development (nor major romance, thank heavens) for Team Avatar. Mako and Asami are almost extras at this point, and Opal feels a little like Asami 2.0.

It's good they've realized that the characters were kind of awful, and that they need to draw a little on the old show as well. However, at the end of the season, I wonder whether we'll see any character growth at all, though.

I guess the audience will live vicariously through Lin instead, which is not the worst trade-off, especially since she's voiced by Azula's voice actress. :3:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Maybe the writers are just setting Mako up for some Real Talk from Lin telling him to get the stick out of his rear end and carpe diem and stuff, and not become the same bitter old person Lin is/was, etc. etc.

I mean, I don't mind that they've taken the steps right outside of killing off Mako, since he's an awful love interest; at least Bolin might get to come into his own without being tied to Mako.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ShadowCatboy posted:

I'm actually rewatching Book 1 of Korra now. Is it just me, or would a Pro-Bending console game be kinda awesome?

I've never liked sports games but man, that'd be kinda sweet.
It'd have to be either a mini-game or a cheap game like a digital-only thing for Steam/PSN/XBL, or an iOS game.

But there's definitely a lot of potential. Reminds me a little of Blitzball from Final Fantasy 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

If I liked Avatar: The Last Airbender would I like this?
First season is good fun, but the characters aren't particularly well-written, but you'll like it as an ATLA fan.

Season two is awful, and I'm almost tempted to tell you to ignore it aside from two special episodes.

• Locked thread