Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Storm, The Blue Spirit, and the finale are basically the best parts of Avatar Season 1, but it's still pretty drat good as a whole. The whole of the show is miles better than it's best parts alone.

Also where the hell did Korra Season 3 come from?!? I literally just heard about it! Season 1 had months of build up before the first episode aired, and season 2 I remember was at least a couple of weeks between trailer and premier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Saw the episodes, echoing the praise, this season has a lot more promise than the last one, but then, that's kinda LoK's thing, isn't it, starting every season with three/four really good episodes in a row? Even season 2, which got really terrible, really quickly, started with a lot of promise.

But yeah, for now I'm really excited to see what happens next. Who knows, maybe they really were writing three seasons at once when they started on season 2, and so they had a full year to work out the kinks in the script this time.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

seravid posted:

Or, you know, they can break out as soon as the metalbender wakes up.

Hell, even if that's just a stone door, they're in a mountain, they can dig their way out.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fried Chicken posted:

Are you not counting Wan's fight as book 2 for some reason? Because that was visually amazing. It didn't have the pace and energy of, say, the battle at the monastery, but it was gorgeous.

Nobody count's Wan's anything as part of Season 2, cause the rest of season 2 is kinda crap. Hell, the way they actually got to Wan's story was probably the lowest point in the series with amnesia out of nowhere.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Are you serious? "This doesn't count as part of Season 2 despite being part of Season 2 because I said so!"

It's just easier to say "Season 2 was crap" than "Season 2 was crap excluding Wan's story, which was awesome".

I'm really hoping Season 3's highpoints aren't exclusively contained in two episodes.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

This is the kind of poo poo I mean when I say this stuff is getting tiring. The hatred for the show isn't just predicated on disliking it, it's on retroactive claiming that it is the Worst Thing Ever and that no part of it had any redeeming value even when you admitted to enjoying episodes. Instead of just being able to go "last season was disappointing" it is "last season had literally no good parts and the easiest argument to make for it having good parts must not count!"

The show unarguably has problems, and a lot of them, and there's nothing wrong with discussing those problems. What's god damned tedious is being hyperbolicly negative about everything in the show.

Okay, I'm calling it crap, not irremediable poo poo. It's called generalizing, as I haven't seen Season 2 in a year and change and don't feel like I need to rewatch it to re-evaluate my opinions on it cause I know that'll just make me mad.

Season 2 was better when watching start to finish, not knowing how thing would finish, but it's pretty bad looking at it in hindsight, seeing all the interesting looking plot threads they brought up that ultimately ended up not paying off.

Honestly I'm just trying to forget about it and look forward to what Season 3 will offer. I have a good feeling about this season, based on the first three episodes, and I wanna keep that opinion until the show does something to reverse it, which is what watching Season 2 would do without question.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The fan artists have all left. Who the gently caress wants to stay here?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

e X posted:

Also, I am pretty sure that they said Aang died die of natural cause at a ratehr young age, due to being stuck in the ice for 100 years.

I don't recall them saying that in the show, and even if they did, they could be covering it up, since they're already established the paparazzi as a thing that loves to sell a negative story and it wouldn't get much worse than "Assassins Actually Assassinate Avatar". So it makes sense that his death remains somewhat unclear at this point, and won't be relevant until they need it to be.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Bifford posted:

The Earth Queen's treatment of her airbender citizens seems a little strange. If conscription is legal in the Earth Kingdom, there should be no need to secretly kidnap airbenders.

Think less "it's alright to tell people they're joining the army" and more "it's bad to let enemies know you making an army".

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What part of the thread title do you not understand?

The TV IV › Legend of Korra Book 3: The Official Start of the Summer 2014 _____ Season

Looks fine to me, don't know what you're trying to imply here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Learned there was a new comic out called The Rift, which made me realize I hadn't read The Search yet, so I went out and read those both. Can I just say I'm really glad somebody is recognizing Toph as the badass she is? And that The Rift is already shaping up to be the best comic yet by way of focusing more on Toph.

Also, I've always thought Korra couldn't connect with her past lives cause her spirituality was her least learned aspect, but seeing Aang developing the same problems independently makes me think there's something deeper going on here... or at least, I would think that if it wasn't for recent events resetting the life cycle so Avatars cannot connect to the past now, anyway, but it does shed new light on how events played out in the first two seasons.

• Locked thread