Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The second season also ended with Korra turning into a blue Gatorade giant which was awful for the fact they pulled that resolution out of their rear end.

I'll admit though that it was kind of awesome for the fight scene that followed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

computer parts posted:

No worse than energy bending.

At this point i'm looking forward to whatever ridiculous deus ex machina in this season. I am prepared for this.

It's just crazy that they did this three times now.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wildeyes posted:

Is it unpopular to say that I really loving hate Bumi? I think manchildren can potentially be funny, but he sure as poo poo isn't. And according to the preview, he's doing more of the same childlike poo poo, and his voice actor has the same gratingly awkward cadence. I don't blame Tenzin for being a fuddy-duddy who barely tolerates him, I'd probably be the same way.

Bumi is annoying but I'll honestly say my favorite line from him was this. The link is a spoiler by the way incase you're still going though the second season.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

And the first quote from the guru pretty much settles speculation about Tenzin. Plus given the use of 'venom' in that first quote and the finale title it seems plausible that we've discovered the final plan.

I'm confused, how does that quote settle what happened to Tenzin?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anybody else get the feeling that Korra's not getting back to normal anytime soon? Hell even if she heals and can walk again it seems like she was being told "We'll take your job off your hands" by Tenzin. Not to mention that after all this, she caused this inadvertently to herself by starting harmonic convergence. I have a feeling her character's going to change a fair bit for the next season. Then again they can always chuck that out the window and she'll be back to her normal self in the first episode.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SmellOfPetroleum posted:

Best Bolin moment by far, that actually fit the grim tone of the series while still being funny, was not the 'you can metalbend' reveal or the hug-steal or the sock.

It was the loving wink.
What was the wink again? Also I like Bolin's jokes but the sock was really out of place.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The sock might not have been so bad if he didn't literally drag out that joke. Just have Bolin walk up stuff a sock in and step back.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Filthy Casual posted:

Really hoping for a begrudging team-up with Zaheer in the series' finale vs. whatever super big bad guy they come up with. Speaking of, where are they gonna from here? I always wondered whether guns could be a factor in the show, it seems contrary to the spirit of the franchise, but at least Asami could have some meaningful participation in a major battle.

It'll be Zaheer and Team Avatar versus Korra. Korra's gonna be the next villain.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I really though she'd just fire a pellet at her head, not her whole plate of armor.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rosalind posted:

Did anybody see these yet? I found them on Reddit.

You're forgetting the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Spergatory posted:

For those who might have missed it or can't quite see what's happening, here's the two semi-spoilery Book 4 shots from that trailer.

Basically, all they show is Kuvira looking hella sinister with a bunch of what appear to be prisoners in the background, and then attacking the camera. No real spoilers besides 'Kuvira might possibly be not entirely on the side of the angels,' which drat near everyone already guessed.

I love the fact that that gif just has her just suddenly flying towards the screen.

• Locked thread