Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I will say that I'm getting a little antsy about them putting Jinora in danger so Kai can rescue her all the time.

Well Jinora has saved Kai from prison, then from a mother air bison. And it was Tenzin and Oogi who stopped the truck carrying Jinora, Kai only mostly helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So has book 3 actually been good?

Yes.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aw man, now you've just made me remember how hard it was watching ATLA Book 3. Every time it was on tv every day going through the whole series it would reach Nightmares and Daydreams, then just loop round to the start again, so I watched thinking maybe, just maybe this time I'll reach the end.

Nope, had the watch the rest of the drat thing online since they'd never show it! Or it'd be in between two episodes of Book 2 with no way of knowing.

Not that it matters, because it's only a kids show, right? Korra, Spongebob, iCarly, it's all the same, stick some flashing lights on, they won't tell the difference. Bah.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I really don't think Korra's going to end up ruling anything. I doubt Zuko's daughter is a dictator and Tenzin isn't turning into one (hopefully), so more than likely she'll try and find someone who can rule the Earth Kingdom, there might not need to be a Queen anymore. And if Korra is ever in position to rule the Southern Water Tribe, she'll find someone else, or just let Eska and Desna split it, they're on somewhat okay terms now that they're no longer trying to kill her.

She'll follow on the avatar principle of keeping balance and attempting to find a happy solution by finding others who can rule instead, Aang didn't become the Air Nomad representative for Republic City, he let an Acolyte do it, he never ended up ruling anything.

I really think (and hope) this continues onto Book 4, I can't see it ending in such a neat manner in three episodes. Though by this point in Book 1, Korra was having flashbacks and in Book 2, Bolin was stopping the assassination of Raiko. So maybe Book 3 is wrapped all nice and tight so we can have another villain next book.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm surprised Korra didn't even think of at least trying Sandbending out, guess Metalbending is at good as we got ,which Aang never even tried, not once in the 60 years he could.

And Toph could somewhat sandbend, when she made a Ba Sing Se sculpture on the beach.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

"I can metalbend? I can metalbend!"

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

PiedPiper posted:

So, were Ghazan and Ming Hua an item? That is the most important question of the day.

They're probably still alive, Ghazan covered them in lava, but he can bend that, so we'll hopefully see them next book. It'd be a bit silly if he were killed by lava, as a lavabender. And also kill the woman he (supposedly) loves.

That finale was fantastic, some excellent bending fights, no large deities wrestling in a large city. But just a couple things, this is the second time Jinora has saved Korra in the finale, at least she had the help of all the airbenders this time. And how did she know the poison was metallic? I'm guessing she overheard them talking about it. It also means the guy who administered it was a metalbender instead of a waterbender. The two extras also disappeared once Korra went crazy, maybe they went back to their leader to tell them of Zaheer's failure.

Looking forward to next book, since it's pretty far ahead, hopefully we'll see it debut soon.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well that's just silly, I liked them. :sigh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I still think Bolin should've closed the door behind him so the lava kept going down the stairs, but oh well. Least he learned how to stop it, else he would have died a horrible, painful death.

You know, for kids!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The door was wooden.

Whoops, should've specified, the new tunnel he made for everyone just before he lavabends. I thought he was gonna close it behind him and funnel it another way, down the stairs, but learning a new skill works also.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

raspy trashfucker posted:

korra is a rapist

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They said the Red Lotus came about when the White Lotus openly came out of hiding to help the Avatar. If he's still alive, he'll probably be very old.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I thought she might've broken or at least injured her legs when she fell of that loving cliff and landed badly. She was flying most of the time, or lying on the ground, so possibly. But being weak from mercury poison seems to have seized up her limbs, though she could move her hands around a little bit. I dunno.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Korra can't be the last avatar, we need the next series of a young hick Earth Avatar from the boonies trying to understand a futuristic world of flying metal cars and energybending teleportation and everyday people with airbending flight and and and :fap:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Huh, I've been throwing titles around my head and one of them was Balance. That probably makes sense.

Still, after the bittersweet ending on Book 3, Book 4 better be titled Sunshine.

Jan 2015 is four months away and they are saying how much it's nearly, nearly finished guys. So it's not too impossible.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

"This video is unavailable in your location" Niiiiiiick. :argh:

But with what you said, 24 days is the 4th October? That soon?

I mean, I'm happy to not wait as long, but that means it'll be over sooner and shows how much they care about the show to just shove it in our faces.

If they do a double episode to start, then a double episode at the end, then Book 4 will end on the 13th December. Not that soon. :(

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I don't even know why I even click those links being un-glorious non-American that I am. I'm sure it'll be up on YT soon enough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

After two water and an air villain, it's time for earth!

• Locked thread