Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
you didnt actually complete your last set quit doing it, fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
just erg

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

once you pick up weights you should just never let go of them

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
Drop this thread into the gas chamber, op.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that's why you gotta have benny benassi playing on dat last rep to guarantee completeness

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Prettz posted:

once you pick up weights you should just never let go of them

you cant.

i am typing this by ramming my fists into a specially designed punching bag and grunting and sweating all over the loving place

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
agree with the op
if you drop the weights you might as well just slam those fuckers down on your genitals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

SniperWoreConverse posted:

agree with the op
if you drop the weights you might as well just slam those fuckers down on your genitals

you're a fat queer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ummm sorry but Buddhism dictates that you shouldn't be vain and lifting weights is for vanity and also loving dumb and for loving retards who need validation via their weird bodies also

So says the Buddha, namaste

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I cant risk going to the gym and possibly missing a Steam sale or new Humble Bundle

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

Ummm sorry but Buddhism dictates that you shouldn't be vain and lifting weights is for vanity and also loving dumb and for loving retards who need validation via their weird bodies also

So says the Buddha, namaste

your god is a loving disgusting lardham piece of sweaty fatbeard gross 0/10 dosnt even lift

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Motherfucker posted:

your god is a loving disgusting lardham piece of sweaty fatbeard gross 0/10 dosnt even lift

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
well duh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lowtax posted:

I cant risk going to the gym and possibly missing a Steam sale or new Humble Bundle

my gym has like built in monitor on all the machines so you can surf the steamsale and run!

also yea if you drop weights just means you're a weak beta incapable and lack the strength of doing a controlled set down at the end

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cucking Mama posted:

you're a fat queer

*slams dumbels into the concrete*
when are we gonna FUUUUUUUUCK

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Maybe theyre reaching proper muscle failure and thats why theyre dropping the weights.

Ill admit that its annoying as gently caress when other people do it. Back in the day when I was lifting I had to do it a couple times.

Muscle failure is the goal for some folks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
i throw them over my head, clap my hands, and walk out..strutting

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
if you have to drop the weights on your last rep then you're probably a total tool

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

the only thing I drop on my last rep is a deuce

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
And if I gently lay the weights down, in contrast to dropping the weights, did I complete the set?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

Umm religious discrimination? Mods?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Morally Inept posted:

And if I gently lay the weights down, in contrast to dropping the weights, did I complete the set?

woah I thought you got permabanned

but yes it proves you can control your body like a human being and complete a set

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
if you drop the weights
bro do you even lift
no you just toss

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Morally Inept posted:

It takes incredible upper body strength to rape dogs.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I set them down so lightly I basically tuck them into bed. Then I bend down, give them a kiss goodnight and flex my glutes for all the ladies in the room

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

It takes incredible upper body strength to rape dogs.

Listen, I've been on the internet for over a month. Comments like that ain't gonna shock me, babe

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

Listen, I've been on the internet for over a month. Comments like that ain't gonna shock me, babe

No but

Morally inept

Is a confirmed rapist of dogs.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
if you need me i'll be in the lab

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
what's the point of going to the gym if i cant drop weights and scream and get all the man attention i crave

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

-Jurgen Klinsmann-

Dr Strangepants posted:

what's the point of going to the gym if i cant drop weights and scream and get all the man attention i crave

because this is you
and nobody likes that guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLsEQOYqmk

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Wait, you have to manually press the button? I thought it was noise sensitive or something. How often does the button presser get a noogie from the lunk?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

insaneway posted:

if you have to drop the weights on your last rep then you're probably a total tool

loving church right here

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

insaneway posted:

because this is you
and nobody likes that guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLsEQOYqmk

lol, if you're squatting 500lbs and you let out a little grunt because you're a real man lifting man sized weights that's pretty hosed up they'd kick you out

Don't want to scare all the fatties walking on the treadmill i guess.

e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBb-8nWANA

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dropping the weights is how you show them weights whose the boss OP.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ramsus posted:

lol, if you're squatting 500lbs and you let out a little grunt because you're a real man lifting man sized weights that's pretty hosed up they'd kick you out

Don't want to scare all the fatties walking on the treadmill i guess.

e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBb-8nWANA

If you make noises at the Gym, talk loudly, play your music so loud out of your headphones I can hear it from across the room, make gross snorting hacking noises, or are generally loving stupid.

:getout: of the gym.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Motherfucker posted:

our god is an awesome god

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

-Jurgen Klinsmann-
i'm sorry planet fitness but are you a gym or a social club for fatties that want to look like they're working out

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
So I've been strength training my cat.

I started mixing extra whey into its food, small amounts at first, just to get it used to the taste, and slightly more every meal. Right now, it's eating about 4 meals of 50% meat and 50% whey powder a day, about 50g protein total, which, for a 5kg cat is the equivalent to a human eating about 750g of protein a day.

The last 3 months I got it started on creatine, which is hasn't seemed to notice. 2-3g per day, sprinkled on top of its food.

My cat had this knitted sweater thing (I live in a cold climate, so cats often wear these things outside), which I attached small weights to. Mainly fishing sinkers. I attached them one by one, so that it wouldn't notice the additional weight. By now, my cat is wearing this 2.5kg knitted sweater around outside, climbing trees, running around, normal cat stuff.

I also feed it Vitamin D, fish oil and a multivitamin, crushed up into its water bowl.

In addition to the weighted vest training, I've started my cat on climbing this large tree in my back yard (3 sets of 5 climbs up and down, enticing it with food), and I managed to figure out a way to make it do a sort of crude bench press by turning it upside down and pushing down on its paws (3 sets of 8-10).

Cat has made decent gains so far, forelimbs are noticeably bigger, and chest has increased in size markedly so. A little extra fat (probably around 15% atm) but I plan on putting it on an EC stack and maybe Yohimbine HCL.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe if i lift a heavy thing and get sweaty w/ a bunch of dudes a member of the opposite/same sex will be attracted to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

-Jurgen Klinsmann-

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

So I've been strength training my cat.

I started mixing extra whey into its food, small amounts at first, just to get it used to the taste, and slightly more every meal. Right now, it's eating about 4 meals of 50% meat and 50% whey powder a day, about 50g protein total, which, for a 5kg cat is the equivalent to a human eating about 750g of protein a day.

The last 3 months I got it started on creatine, which is hasn't seemed to notice. 2-3g per day, sprinkled on top of its food.

My cat had this knitted sweater thing (I live in a cold climate, so cats often wear these things outside), which I attached small weights to. Mainly fishing sinkers. I attached them one by one, so that it wouldn't notice the additional weight. By now, my cat is wearing this 2.5kg knitted sweater around outside, climbing trees, running around, normal cat stuff.

I also feed it Vitamin D, fish oil and a multivitamin, crushed up into its water bowl.

In addition to the weighted vest training, I've started my cat on climbing this large tree in my back yard (3 sets of 5 climbs up and down, enticing it with food), and I managed to figure out a way to make it do a sort of crude bench press by turning it upside down and pushing down on its paws (3 sets of 8-10).

Cat has made decent gains so far, forelimbs are noticeably bigger, and chest has increased in size markedly so. A little extra fat (probably around 15% atm) but I plan on putting it on an EC stack and maybe Yohimbine HCL.

But could your cat set off the lunker alarm

• Locked thread