Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Well I've got Hulu for another week so I'll put myself down for The Tracey Morgan Show and the first two seasons of Moone Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yes, let's blame everybody except the people directly responsible for making the show.

Its all Nickelodeon's fault!
Its all Studio Poirot's fault!
Its all because of the shortened seasons!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

The worst part about that spoiler is that you could be trolling or you could be totally serious. Either way, they're not in hell and that stems from people fundamentally misunderstanding the final episode and being whiny dipshits

Oh, so it was a fundamental misunderstanding to believe they were in the afterlife after the finale explicitly depicted them in the afterlife. Got it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'll go ahead and commit myself to watching:

Seasons 5-7 of True Blood. I've watched the first episode or two of S5 several times but now that it's wrapping up I'll go ahead and commit myself to finishing it off. It's still airing but once I catch up I'll just stay live till the series finale.

Seasons 1-2 of The Wire. It's one of those shows I know I need to just sit down and watch but I keep getting distracted. No more.

You've made an excellent decision. Season 5 of True Blood is incredible.

The Wire's not bad, either.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
1. Jet is dead.
2. Zuko met his mom in one of the tie-in comics. It was really stupid.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 1, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Amy Renee posted:

Sorry, Community fans, I personally found it that intolerable by episode 14.

Care to elaborate? I know P&R is like vanilla ice cream to Community's rum raisin, but unless you're allergic to raisins, its still ice cream. Don't you like ice cream?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

James Hardon posted:

Breaking Bad: Finished it and now I don't' have to suffer the toxic punishment. Overall, it sucked. Don't understand the hype.

It played better live. I can't imagine binge watching Breaking Bad being anything other than excruciating.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ravane posted:

Yeah, I'll definitely let you know. Currently working through season 4, didn't realize it was so short (only 13 episodes).

FWIW, season 4 is the one that improves the most on rewatch. Once you know where everybody ends up, its fun just tracking everybody as they move back and forth across the Island.

edit: It also reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, which is probably why I like it so much.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm pulling for you guys. :ohdear:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The suspense is killing me.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Moone Boy

I'm not really sure how to approach Moone Boy because its not a coherent show. The first season focuses on the titular Moone Boy and his imaginary friend as they go on coming of age adventures in 80s Ireland. All the plots are pleasant enough; Moone Boy needs to set up the school bully with his sister for protection; Moone Boy makes friends with the new kid because his mother is a chef; Moone Boy reenacts the fall of the Berlin wall in his backyard; and so on. The second season, though, takes a bit of a turn and focuses more on Moone Boy's pregnant teenage sister as she scrambles to get married before her baby is born a bastard (a common problem in Ireland). It also gets much wackier, moving away from slice of life-type adventures in the first season to Moone Boy's sister being married while giving birth in a gypsy's horse-drawn carriage that becomes part of the city's St. Patrick's Day parade in the second season finale. In becoming wackier, the show also becomes less relatable and, in my opinion, less interesting. That isn't to say the second season is devoid of good moments, just that they're fewer and farther in-between, and add up to a less satisfying whole. Overall, I'd recommend Moone Boy's first season if you like shows about growing up and poo poo.

One last note before I go: Chris O'Dowd plays Moone Boy's imaginary friend, but don't go into this for him. The show is about Moone Boy and his family. O'Dowd's merely a supporting player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
A few years ago I was listening to some soft-talking bore interview Tracy Morgan on NPR. During the interview, Tracy mentioned that Tina Fey was the first person to let him play a character on tv that was true to him and his life experiences. Having watched The Tracy Morgan Show, its obvious to see what prompted that comment. In TTMS, Tracy plays the owner/manager of an autorepair shop and married father of two in a stereotypical family-friend sitcom. What is evident from the beginning is how uncomfortable he is playing the role. He tries his damnedest to be funny--to make something of the material--but he's constantly being shut down by his humorless wife (Castle's Tamale Jones) and young sons (wacky dad can't be too wacky). There are some genuinely funny exchanges at the autorepair shop, but even those are tempered by Tracy's role as a responsible authority figure. It would have been so much better if Tracy was Heavy D and Katt Williams' coworker instead of their boss so every exchange didn't end with Tracy having to play it straight. The show's only breakout character is Bobb'e J. Thompson, whom most of you will remember as Tracy Jr. from 30 Rock. That kid is goddamn hysterical and has amazing swagger for a six year old.

In sum, the show's bad and we should all be thankful it got cancelled.

• Locked thread