Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Is it too late to jump in? I'll :toxx: if I haven't finished Supernatural seasons 5-9 by the day the first episode of season 10 airs or September 30th, whichever happens first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Annakie posted:

It's never too late to start, but September 22nd is the cutoff for everyone. :)

Okay, sounds good.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of funny how Sam pretty much becomes instantly suspicious of Meg the second time she shows up.

muscles like this?
, I just realized we're doing the same show but opposite ends. Having done those seasons last summer, I can say you're in for a treat. I hear Seasons 6-9 are a bit harder to get through.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Allright I got a little ahead of myself while working on a craft project and already finish season 5 of Supernatural. I can't imagine watching it at the time and having it possibly be the ending of the show. I mean, I obviously know who's still on the show now so it isn't as suspenseful, but that was a really well done story arc.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Supernatural is especially bad at the pre-episode recaps giving away the monster of the week.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Just updating that I powered through season 5 of Supernatural and then lost steam with season 6 and haven't watched an episode in 6 days. But I am not giving up!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I just finished the first Trickster episode. That was great! Especially the part in the professor's office where Dean got progressively bigger and bigger cheeks. Also, alien slow dance.

The Trickster always gets amazing episodes. AMAZING.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I finally found a Supernatural season 6 episode I like, Weekend at Bobby's. It kind of reminds me of the episode of Buffy that's centered on Xander, meanwhile the rest of the gang are fighting off another apocalypse (Except Bobby is a better character than Xander).

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

On to season 7 of Supernatural. My reaction to season 6 is basically "meh." There were some fun moments, but the overarching arc was weak.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Season six is probably the weakest season of the series. Seven is pretty good while eight and nine are up there with the best seasons for me.

So far I am digging Lucifer's torturing of Sam via hallucinations. Lucifer is much creepier (more Lucifer-y?) here than he ever was in season 5.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Bown posted:

Writer's strike year?

Yup.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

2 episodes left in season 7 of Supernatural, so over halfway through my toxx. I am ready to see the guys kick some Leviathan rear end, if only to just get rid of them already. I almost feel like they were in too many episodes this season.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Haven't checked in in awhile, but about 4 episodes away from finishing season 8 of Supernatural. I like this season, although Dean repeatedly knocking Sam about taking a year off and being happy with someone was annoying since Dean did the exact same thing in between season 5 and 6. Maybe that doesn't count for Dean though since that was the gas leak season.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

computer parts posted:

Well to be fair Dean actually thought Sam was dead while Sam knew Dean wasn't.

Did he? I was under the impression that Sam thought he was.

Edit: Annakie, would it be okay to modify mine to season 5-8 of Supernatural, and then season 9 if it comes to Netflix before Sept. 22? I guess I thought it would be up by now when I made my toxx.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 21, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Annakie said it's alright to replace season 9 of Supernatural with something else of comparable time commitment, so I'm going with the first season of Arrow.

I'm two episodes in and I like how it's going so far, although I have a feeling it's going to be increasingly annoying to see Olli act the playboy.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

That doesn't really happen for long at all.

I'm already on Episode 6. I am super enjoying this show. Now I have another one that I will have to wait for the season to come out on Netflix before I can livewatch.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Well, after some insomnia, I finished up my toxx.

Seasons 5-8 of Supernatural: I pretty much agree with the consensus on these seasons... I thought the season 5 arc was excellent, season 6 was stupid, season 7 was okay, season 8 was back to good (I especially liked Lenny and the Purgatory flashbacks. The Sam flashbacks, meh.

Season 1 of Arrow: Can't wait to catch season 2 on Netflix. Fun, great action, I want to have Stephen Amell's babies, Thea eventually became not annoying, Tommy stayed annoying. It's nice to see a CW show with a protagonist in my age range. (I know the Supernatural guys are there, now, but not when they started.

Overall I added both shows to my dvr and I'm just waiting for the last seasons to come out on Netflix so I can post in their threads this year.

• Locked thread