Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Toxxing myself to watch at the very least Season 1 of Arrow, I'm 4 episodes in already and it seems pretty fun so far.

Edit: gently caress it, let's do both seasons, I'm burning through this.

BSam fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

Toxxing myself to watch at the very least Season 1 of Arrow, I'm 4 episodes in already and it seems pretty fun so far.

Edit: gently caress it, let's do both seasons, I'm burning through this.

I was right, just started season 2 now.

Enjoyed season 1, it was really amping up during the final few episodes and a great finale. Seeing as I'm continuing for another season I'll save my reviews for when I'm deeper in.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I finished watching this ages ago, so my recollection is hazy, but I'm the laziest so I put off writing this until now.

Arrow, (of which I watched both season 1 and 2) is a fun super hero type show, which is a modern take on the super hero and trying to stay anonymous and be able to function in society.
This is noticeable when the main character is keeping his hero identity secret from his family, particularly when he is actively working against his mother and her evil associates.

There is also a certain amount of origin back story happening as well as the show likes to show us segments of the time the main character was stuck on an island or thereabouts, in ways that are vaguely relevant to the A-plot of each episode. I found these quite boring after a while as it sometimes just felt tacked on, and distracted from the rest of the episode.

Roy, who is a tough youth who befriends the main characters sister also annoys me as he was stolen from Teen Wolf, a much better show. Also this show needs more people from Torchwood in it, and less people from Dr Who.

One other thing this has in common with Teen Wolf is that the cop dad character is generally the best character.

A.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

precision posted:

I don't know if mine was "clearly effort"

I don't know if mine is either. Hopefully I'm cool.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

After that I almost feel ashamed of my toxx review.

I'd really like to see you do a thread, it's not a show I've seen before so I'll probably watch alongside your reviews also.

• Locked thread