Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I've been marathoning Malcolm in the Middle and have made it up to Season 3 and I figure that I might do the rest of the series, but to be safe, I'd rather get to at least season 6. I figure I have enough free time so it can't be that hard

So far it's been great watching all the episodes again and all the other episodes I either never watched or forgot, and looking back the cinematography is pretty excellent. The actors and characters are pretty great and I can't help but love all the scenes at the military school, also noticed that apparently Francis has 2 delinquent friends (Richie and Circus).

So I commit to watching from S3E01 to S6E01, most likely will go over the limit and may even finish the series, but it took me about a month to finish 2 seasons so season 6 should be a good goal to get to

Cockashocka fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Finished with Season 3 and now about 2 episodes into season 4.

Notable events include Francis getting out of military school and going to Alaska to work for minimum wage in a bar and then suddenly he's married.

As for funny episodes, that one where Dewey got a dog was pretty hilarious (Dewey's Dog), so was the one where Malcolm got an ancient computer that can apparently run The Sims (Hal Coaches) and the one where Reese goes to driving school (Reese Drives)

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Well, Season 4 out of the way, now there are 5 boys Lois has to worry about and there was a pretty funny episode about the family going to church

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Right in the middle of Season 5 in Malcolm so far. Kitty (Stevie's mother) divorced Abe and apparently that adds to the plot of a few episodes also Dewie is put in Special Ed, also there was a pretty bland plot in that same episode where Hal and Craig were playing some DDR clone

Sorry if I've been a little bit slow, but I have been sort of busy with a job in retail

Update: Just watched Season 6 Episode 1, and I have to say it's been a great few seasons. It's been nice seeing the whole subplot about how Hal's work place gets basically run to poo poo and where it ends up, even if it does raise a few questions. Also Reese joins and then runs away from the army, but that's pretty minor

Over all it's been really fun

Cockashocka fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 2, 2014

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Finished with season 6 now, god that was a pretty lame season finale

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Ended up finishing the whole series of Malcolm in the middle, and honestly it feels like it ended a little bit too soon and Season 7 was pretty mediocre, though it had it's funny moments and some characters returned, almost forgot Jammie existed, and for some reason the Highschool looks completely different. Oh well, at least it was an almost happy ending.

Cockashocka fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I forgot that I had to type a review, so here's something that I typed at the last minute.

How can I explain Malcolm in the Middle? It's really hard to actually explain in depth, it sort of has (Or had, since later seasons seemed to drop the whole grungy "trouble making children" thing) this mid to late 90's counter culture feel, it came out back in 2000 which was when that sort of stuff was still well relevant. It's basically about a dysfunctional household owned by a raging mother and her relaxed but fun loving character of a husband, they have 4 children later 5 children. The oldest one (Francis) is out of the house and sort of has a series wide subplot about his miss-adventures in Military school and later out of Military school, the second oldes (Reese) is a dumb bully who can't make friends but is a good cook, then you have the youngest later second youngest Dewey who is mostly just there to look cute and get into weird antics. Then you have the title character, Malcolm, the whole thing with him is that he spends most of the time talking to the audience and complaining about a lot of stuff, and it turns out, he's a genius. Of course, you probably wouldn't exactly know this outside of the first season episodes since this point gets lost over time and he just seems like an average kid and the later episodes barely represent his school life. The series has had a lot of great antics but one thing I didn't like was how it seems like it doesn't potray the characters it has near the end of the series. I guess the good example of this is the 5th child Jamie, he makes his debut at about season 4 and there's a few antics involving him, problem is that at about the last 2 seasons, I nearly forgot his existence since he was barely involved, there were a few antics here or there but he just felt non-existent or like some object. There have been many times where I'd be watching episodes and a character comes back and I remember "Oh yeah, now I remember, that guy existed!". The series itself ended a little too soon though, as the last 3 or so episodes are rather mediocre, just mostly resorting to "yeah, the series is nearly ending, might as well have these episodes". I guess I'm not really a fan of pre-series finale episodes that are sort of written in a way that they're aware the series is on it's last legs. Overall, Malcolm in the Middle is a great show, it has a nice grungy feel and has something for anyone who can relate to being in a dysfunctional family, though following it from start to finish will make you feel like they missed a few opportunities.

Cockashocka fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 11, 2014

• Locked thread