Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

AnimeJune posted:

That's my question - is it just *not as good* as Avatar? Or actually actively terrible?

It's just not as good as Avatar for the most part (some episodes last season were, the early ones this season look very, very promising). The characters, setting and stories are simply not anywhere as good as they were in ATLA and they had to resort to a sub-par animation studio for many episodes because the usual one (that made ATLA) didn't have enough time to do everything.
Which all is of course very disappointing, but for some its bordering to be the biggest insult ever broadcast on TV because of the high hopes they had and they react very venomously online because of that.
Korra is still a show that's good and better than nearly all animation shown on screen, despite the faults. It just could have been so much more, the creators of ATLA had it in their hand to top it and they simply blew it, making "only" a mostly good series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

muscles like this? posted:

The guy they got to play teenage Dean did a pretty good job.

He really did, he had Dean's mannerisms down to a T.

Amy Renee posted:

Yeah, sorry about that, I should've clarified I PMed Annakie and she was cool with it.

And yeah, Abed was nothing more than frustrating to watch.

Oh, man Season 1 Abed is harmless. Watching on would really have broken you, he grows so annoying it is hard to watch for me, and I generally like Community.

• Locked thread