Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I'm game for this. I've got Spaced sitting on my hard drive which I need to clear out so I'll commit to watching it from beginning to end by the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I'll probably watch Series (Season) 1 on Sunday and review it then, I've been busy with family and other stuff and haven't touched it past the first episode. This was partly why I picked a short show to watch.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Update #1: First Series (Season) of Spaced

Outside of the unusually dark plot of Colin's kidnapping for illegal animal testing, I thought that the episodes were good although a few bits haven't aged well at all like the rave scene.

I liked that they actually wrapped up various bits like Tim's lingering feelings for his ex although shooting her new beau's nutsack probably helped there and his guilt for Mike's injury even though it wasn't the reason for his ousting from the TA. Daisy seemed to be trying a bit too hard to be the wacky roommate in these episodes but that subsided by the end. The rest of the cast had their turn although Brian's arc was the most pleasing to see. Hopefully the 2nd batch of episodes will be the same quality-wise as the first.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Update #2: Second Series (Season) of Spaced

It seems to me the tone for the series was about breakups and change from it which worked well for the majority of the run but the ending to it seemed a little too pat for me. It was good to see Mike get more screen time although pairing him with Marisa wasn't something I wanted to see. Brian's relationship issues with Twist fell tacked on considering she wasn't in the majority of the series and Time & Daisy's relationship regressed from the first finale with Tim's new girlfriend more of a plot device than anything.

What was with Marvel and Seattle? Marvel has always been NYC based unless Disney tells them to pull stakes like Time Warner did with DC (and it'll be LA if that happens).

• Locked thread