Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Flea Wars posted:

This show is so good, that the child actors are good. A modern miracle.

Astoundingly good. Poor, neglected Grant and poor, traumatised, foul-mouthed little Alice...

I loved Series One. Even if you weren't fond of the plot, or the grotesque violence, the look and style and sound of it was like nothing else on earth. The way everything was framed and shot like comic-book panels, those hypersaturated yellows and blues, that dreadful keening wail on the soundtrack as the Networks' plans were unfolded...god, it was the single most stylish looking thing on the telly I've ever seen, blew everything else out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Glad to hear the music is as disconcerting and fear-inducing as ever.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

I'm loving the 1970s' home video aspect ratio it's filmed in.

And gods, that toddler playing Arby is spookier than the adult version.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Got a feeling they filmed the toddler when he'd just woken up from a nap; that's the only time you'll get a normal child acting that dazed.

That, or hit him up with a dose of Benadryl, yeah.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Oh my, using the very real Airey Neave in a fictional drama like this is in...questionable taste. The rest is fine, it's a story, but Neaves' death was real, not the result of some fantastical comicbook plot.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

Arby as a good guy and Philomena Cunk as his love interest is confusing

Ohhh, I can't see anything good happening to Philomena and her cute little penguin-hugging child in the near future...

(And oh gods, poor Pietre, plumbing and quinoa, the poor, simple, hopeful soul...)

Irisi fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 15, 2014

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Geokinesis posted:

I wonder who put the spoon there to gently caress with Wilson?

Lee himself, the cheeky wee scamp? Gods, that little wink he gave to Wilson Wilson upon spotting him was so bloody dark.

Loved all the Channel 4 celebs on the V-day vaccination appeal advert. Bet Jon Snow, Mariella and Dara had a blast recording their little snippets.

I know they couldn't help that puberty has walloped the actor playing Grant hard in the past 18 months, but it was funny seeing him so tall in comparison to the fragile wee boy he was in the previous series.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

repiv posted:

Well they did do this in the S01 finale...

And there was the Christ-like imagery of the murder of Kristos by Arby back in Season 1 too (pinned to a tree and pierced in his side by Arby).

Hell, you'd be all day cataloguing the relgious, political and pop-cultural references used and abused within this show. That's part of what makes it so delicious.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Well, that end shot of Jessica all...dolled up wins hands down for most disturbing shot of the series, and the bit where she crawls out the medical waste skip wins for most disgusting.:unsmigghh:

Would very much like to know what happened to Dugdales' wife, and little Alice. Does the Network have then and that's why Dugdale is working for them? I'm kind of a bit lost trying to remember who knows what, who's betraying who, etc. The only think I'm certain on is that Lee is properly horrible and I love every scene he and Wilson Wilson share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

McDragon posted:

:rip: Twatface. :(

Utopia is very good at getting you to like minor characters and then killing them.

I loved Twatface in his 5 minutes of screentime. "Can you speak Welsh? Oh...well, you're still a racist"

Loved the scenes set in Dugdales' house too, the ice-cold blue lighting was such a refreshing change from the sickly yellow filter everything else is filmed in.

I'm beginning to think Milner will die before she can authorise the sleeper agents to fly their little cropdusting planes about, and it will be left to Wilson Wilson to give the yes/no on decimating the human race. Too much screentime has been devoted to him and his doubts/convictions for it to be anything else.

• Locked thread