Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tiger Boxes

I bought 50+ (No Joke). I have received everything in the world but the Outfit and the Mount.

If you want to know what you can get from what I have seen so far.

Talent Orb 3
LV3 Reinvigoration Pills (4000 KFP)
Companion Errand Skill Guides
Reinforcement Stones LV1 - LV3
Remedy Powder 2x
Yummy Seasoning 2x
Tiger Tamer Hat (Male)
Tiger Tamer Hat (Female)

The items everyone is looking for are

Tiger Tamer's Outfit
Tiger Mount

Out of 50 Tiger boxes I have not seen the Outfit or the Mount.

Welcome to the lottery. Someone call the goon whale.

Edit: Added a +

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I saw some guy selling 6 of the outfit for 5g each. Some other guy had 12 of the hat for 3g each. Within like 30 minutes of the servers going up, someone sold the outfit for 8g in world chat. Didn't see anybody selling or using the mount at all.

Or in other words, if you want the hat or outfit, just loving buy it. At worst you will spend like 15g for the outfit which is 500-700 sycee. The mount is a different matter entirely.

Also, the companion errand skills are not available in the cash shop (mailbox, stash, fix) and the market is flooded with them, so they're cheap as gently caress. I bought a stash guide for 75 silver and the same dude had at least 10 fixing guides for the same price. The highest I've seen them sell for is 2g which is pocket change for something that would otherwise cost 400 sycee.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 19, 2014

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can you teach one companion all the skills?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

No, only one extra errand skill (three total).

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

If you kneel at scorpions they disappear, what does it mean? WHAT CAN IT MEAN????

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Is this game really worth the 20 gigs it demands?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Of all the martial arts games I've played this is the best one. And I've played as many as I can.

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
I recommend it, mainly because of the PvP. It requires a great amount of skills. (Gear and level do affect off course)

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So the hero pack level 60 brush case things can only be used on Hero mode, which means you have to find 5 level 60+ people to help you kill this boss who will probably want to also roll on whatever drops. So you gotta find people who also have the hero pack so at least it's fair and everyone can do runs and that's what, 60 runs? Goddamnit.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Also this whole I sell guild events things doesn't make any sense when the room west of the crossbow doesn't drop anything that isn't bound. If I wanted to actually sell something I would go to the water room and wait for the gold chests which actually drop loving starmetal.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Applied to the guild as Azurrat

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The Quake posted:

Also this whole I sell guild events things doesn't make any sense when the room west of the crossbow doesn't drop anything that isn't bound. If I wanted to actually sell something I would go to the water room and wait for the gold chests which actually drop loving starmetal.

And you did. Last night. I said "Hi" on mumble and you only responded with feverish grunts as you tore the chests from their hinges and drooled over the contents.

Grithok gave me random dyes the other day and I promptly sold them on my stall. Who the gently caress cares.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I, too, saw some pixelman open pixels to get more pixels.

\/ Got you.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 20, 2014

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

ARRGH YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS DOOMED TO SINK
Applied to join the guild as EyeBeat

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Made up some screenshots for the Raid Bosses in Rare Animal Island.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hell cow is my favorite.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Shuuji, your mail box is full and I can't kick your crony who hasn't played forever. Also you are lazy.

We got room for two people who want kicking powers to clear out inactive people.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So far our guild events have 3 things on Friday and Saturday so people can do the mystic realm beast thing on Sunday.

We were doing two treasure tombs and one massacre on those days, but a lot of people who went couldn't do all the quests from two treasure tombs because of some weird lock out.

Do you guys want to move those extra treasure hunts to Wednesday and Thursday?
Or do you want to change those extra treasure hunts to massacres?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Shuuji, your mail box is full and I can't kick your crony who hasn't played forever. Also you are lazy.

We got room for two people who want kicking powers to clear out inactive people.

I've been busy with school but it shouldn't be full unless I got a million messages in the last two days.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Gold spammers pretty regularly send multiple mails per day and I've yet to find a way to reliably block them.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I didn't think I'd get offline spam mails.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sure.

No. At least not until we're having trouble doing lady east room or something due to it being well over our level.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

If you can't find anyone else I'll do it on Tyrus I guess. Something about swordsman is oddly enthralling to me so I don't think im going anywhere anytime soon. It's probably the fact that it's just not run by snail.

Also if anyone is up for it sometime in the morning I have like 6 strange papers so I'll probably be looking to get a group together for world without thieves. Just need 17 more Yellow Papers until I can maybe make that Solar Form thing.

It's probably foing to be worthless anyways but I can't ignore the dangling carrot in front of me. :negative:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

So far our guild events have 3 things on Friday and Saturday so people can do the mystic realm beast thing on Sunday.

We were doing two treasure tombs and one massacre on those days, but a lot of people who went couldn't do all the quests from two treasure tombs because of some weird lock out.

I prefer Wednesday and Thursday having the extra treasure hunts.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Hy_C posted:

I prefer Wednesday and Thursday having the extra treasure hunts.

This is a good idea. Spread things out a bit so that more people get the bonuses and so that we can make sure that we can do all of the treasure hunt quests each time we do it.

If we must adhere to 3 events fri/sat and 1 event other days, then I vote for one treasure/day and to move the treasures to something like wed/thurs. Ideally we'd just do treasure hunting more or less every day though - it's a ton of XP!

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

That Jerk Steve posted:

If you can't find anyone else I'll do it on Tyrus I guess. Something about swordsman is oddly enthralling to me so I don't think im going anywhere anytime soon. It's probably the fact that it's just not run by snail.

Also if anyone is up for it sometime in the morning I have like 6 strange papers so I'll probably be looking to get a group together for world without thieves. Just need 17 more Yellow Papers until I can maybe make that Solar Form thing.

It's probably foing to be worthless anyways but I can't ignore the dangling carrot in front of me. :negative:

I need 19 Yellowed Papers for Grab and Dive. But I don't care about that; From what I've read about lost arts, they can complement your school well but aren't anything amazing. I don't think we'll see the purple quality lost arts anytime soon though, and those may be insanely good.

What I do care about are the skill scrolls. I'm pretty close to upgrading two of my skills, and those upgrades in particular are pretty much necessary for Harmony to be truly viable in arenas.

So yeah, hit me up on mumble before you start. With some luck we'll find a Splendor to speed things up.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 21, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

One of the translators has some major insecurity issues.

That or this is secretly a one way sex change item.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

I like the three events on Friday and Saturday (My Saturday and Sunday) since those are the only days I see them along with Bamboo/Vermin/Mirage and feasts.

Ugh, there really needs to be a third event type.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's a record. 1 month in and people already rage quitting the game because of GOONS.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Blacktooth posted:

I like the three events on Friday and Saturday (My Saturday and Sunday) since those are the only days I see them along with Bamboo/Vermin/Mirage and feasts.

Ugh, there really needs to be a third event type.

Third? I consider Vermin/Mirage their own type, but even ignoring that, you're forgetting The Way of the Dragon.

Either way, between between Vermin for KFP pills, Bamboo, The Way of the Dragon, A World Without Thieves, guild events, kidnapping, hijacks, bonus quests, blade rain gang, arena dailies, harmonious world, instances, botting and eventually matched arena along with plenty of things I'm surely forgetting, there's an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game to the point where it's nearly impossible to fit it all in a day. Which is why the only things I try to not skip are thieves and arena dailies.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 21, 2014

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

DesertPunk will take the case!

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Third? I consider Vermin/Mirage their own type, but even ignoring that, you're forgetting The Way of the Dragon.

Either way, between between Vermin for KFP pills, Bamboo, The Way of the Dragon, A World Without Thieves, guild events, kidnapping, hijacks, bonus quests, blade rain gang, arena dailies, harmonious world, instances, botting and eventually matched arena along with plenty of things I'm surely forgetting, there's an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game to the point where it's nearly impossible to fit it all in a day. Which is why the only things I try to not skip are thieves and arena dailies.

I meant guild events of which there are only two types as far as I am aware. Anyway, yeah during the days server time there is a glut of things to do. It is barren late at night server time. The vast majority of things cut off after midnight. It isn't a huge issue. I am used to it living in Australia. I was simply putting in my two cents on guild events.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I would take back my old position of Second In Command but it appears I did such a good job at it the first time around you guys need room to develop new talent. drat goons taking our jerbs.

Also the guild is in need of some serious cleaning from all the 1-3 day wonders we keep getting.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Reminder for those who haven't placed bets yet on the Jianghu games.
The bet only costs 10 bound gold. You get something win or lose. The rewards are really good, so do it.

The table is split top half-bottom half.
My cheat sheet for best bets :

SupX (my bet) - One of the best Shaolins in our server. Can land every acupuncture. Dude's really aggressive though, which is risky in the initial single elimination games.

Chunkychen - Also one of the best Shaolins, and one of the 3 goons drawn. Known to kill everyone anywhere. Still can't use 3D mode. :arghfist::butt:

Reithien - The best Splendor in the game. Extremely good at the ridiculous combo. Counterpoint : He's a splendor...That only gets you so far.

HiC - The SnM formerly known as Prince Best Goon Fighter. Known to 3-0 teams in KoF. However, is in the toughest quarter and table half. Tends to die to Martial Wutangs.

YouLose - A Martial Wutang. Plays like he knows what you are going to do before you do. Hasn't been around for a while and might even be afk during the tournament...

Dele rounds up the third goon present, but will have to face Reithien in the next round. So GL!
I wouldn't put any stake in Clare. Never impressed me, and doesn't have time to fight in Arenas due to all the level farming.

The games' standout players were luckily drawn in separate quarter, so any bet on those players is a decent chance of getting to the semis.

Starts in 4 days.

I may or may not be mad about getting skipped over during the draw.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Don't bet on HyC. He stopped playing Sun and Moon and is rusty as a result. Hell, Reithien vs HiC was a nearly guaranteed win for the former when the latter was still actively doing arenas with his S&M, and in the event that HyC made it to the semi-finals, he would likely have to face Reithien again.

HyC and I have bet on Reithien and I will be surprised if he isn't in the semi-final, possibly against YouLose if he actually plays.

Also, I've fought about half of the people listed and I have to say, anybody who bets on Clare, Rainz, Rot or Icicle is out of their loving mind.

Blacktooth posted:

I meant guild events of which there are only two types as far as I am aware. Anyway, yeah during the days server time there is a glut of things to do. It is barren late at night server time. The vast majority of things cut off after midnight. It isn't a huge issue. I am used to it living in Australia. I was simply putting in my two cents on guild events.

Oh, there's a bunch of guild events. They're divided into three categories, but there are plenty of events that most of us have never seen; I think we just do the best ones that aren't bugged, hence the lack of variety.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 21, 2014

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

In the one instance where I fought Youlose I lost. A lot.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

How do you fair against shaolin hy_c?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

So I was bored and did some math to figure out relative gear strength. I used Hero's Order gear (level 60) as baseline and compared it to legendary, crafted (7-star) and set gear.

It's really hard to figure out the practical strength of each tier due to a number of reasons:

• Hero's Order (4-Star) gear can have 1-3 bonus stats, but usually has 2.
  • Hero's Order gear is much easier to get perfect rolls on, due to the cheap cost of each token.
  • Legendary (6-Star) gear can have up to 5 bonus stats, but usually has 4.
  • Crafted 7-Star gear can have up to 6 bonus stats, but usually has 5.
  • Set gear (5-Star) gives bonuses towards all attributes, as well as crit and attack, so I had to assign estimated (read: from personal opinion) weights to each stat instead of simply calculating based on perfectly rolled gear. Also, only 1-2 bonus stats.

The stat scaling is simple: at a weight of 1 for 4-Star gear, 5-Star is 1.33, 6-Star is 1.65 and 7-Star is 2. So if a piece of Hero's Order gear gives 51 CON, it will give 68 CON at 5-Star, 84 CON at 6-Star and 102 CON at 7-Star.

NOTE: The values for 7-Star are estimated, as I couldn't find any gear of that type.

Based on stat weights given for Harmony, ignoring base stats and willpower, these are my conclusions:

• The bonuses from a complete set (8) give sets roughly 125% better bonus stats than Hero's Order gear. This gap is much smaller at 2 set pieces, but not significantly so at 4/6 set pieces. This is based on each piece of set gear having STR and TEN/CON as its two bonus (green) stats, compared to STR, TEN and CON for Hero's Order gear.
  • Legendary gear equals about 155% better bonus stats than Hero's Order gear. This is based on each piece of Legendary gear having STR, TEN, CON, Elemental damage and Attack as its bonus stats; Needless to say, this is virtually impossible and even harder to obtain than perfect set gear.
  • Crafted 7-Star gear gives roughly 254% better bonus stats than Hero's Order gear. This is based on each piece of crafted 7-star gear having STR, TEN, CON, Elemental damage, Attack and Critical as its bonus stats; You will never see this.

Disclaimer: As pointed out, the estimates above are based entirely on bonus stats. Not only is perfect gear immensely unlikely for any person to acquire, 'basic' stats play a huge role in closing the gap between gear tiers, and its values are based only on level and ignore quality. The more you upgrade your gear, the weaker set/legendary/crafted gear becomes relative to hero's order gear. I'd estimate set gear to be realistically 50% better than hero's order gear, with legendary gear being ranked slightly lower as bad rolls take a bigger toll on it.

The stat weights I used are: STR (1), CON/TEN (.6), Poison Damage (.7), Critical (.5 / 2.24), Exo-Attack (.5 / 8.25), Reflex (.3). Willpower was ignored. Do note that Harmony as a whole puts a big emphasis on STR; Schools that benefit more from defensive or secondary stats are going to find set gear to be a bit better.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 21, 2014

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

At the moment it seems like it would be cheapest, and prehaps best to acquire hero order gear with good stats then spend the serious money socketing powerful gems, which you then take with you when you out level the gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Just got get the legendary items in the chest under the bridge during massacres.

• Locked thread