Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Should note, If you want to be Fei from Xenogears and do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-_0Yo4ZMQ&t=85s

then you should choose Emei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Didn't pony up the 10 dollars for the early access since I don't even think Id take much advantage of it. Also I'm going to try to level up by only grinding (I'm mentally retarded).

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Forer posted:

Oh right, Something that I didn't think was said yet for anyone who didn't play.

This is stupid, because when you're actually in the game, in the top right is your quest log.

If you have a quest "Talk to Jimbob Jones" You can click the name and it'll path you to the person. The game has a free world teleporter in every single zone and it'll take the smart route TO the postman, then to the zone you need to be in where jimbob jones is in, then it'll automatically talk to him and wait for you to press a button to complete the quest.

If you need to kill mobs for a quest it will say "Kill Ornery Emu 0/10" and you will autopath to the enemy and automatically attack it.

If you need to grab stuff for a quest, it will say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5" and if dongcopters are something on the map that you can just pick up, it'll automatically path to them and start to pick them up. If Dongcopters drop from an enemy it will actually say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5 from Pissed Off Jellyfish" and you can just click the jellyfish portion to path & kill. If it's something that drops from more than one enemy like Snokeweed it'll bring up a help box that lists the mobs that drop snokeweed and where they are, all clickable so you can just path & kill.

Quests are REALLY easy to do and REALLY mindnumbingly simple. Press the underlined thing, go read SA, wait till you get to the zone, kill some dudes, press the underlined thing to go back to the quest giver, read SA some more, hand in the quest.

You also get a LOT of quests in one area available to you at one time, so you can go to collect snokeweed AND crocodile teeth at the same time, and then after that take a five second trip over to grab tassels off of some dudes hat and then go take another five second trip to get broken swords from a dude, and take one big trip back to where all the quest collectors are.

it's also why it really sucks that at level 39 all the quests dry up and you need to start doing OTHER things (Bamboo dreams event, Self-Cultivation the botting thing) but I guess they have to make sure you do them somehow. After 40 also the quests start having harsher requirements "Hey you need to be level 45 (For this quest you CAN do right now at 40 but shut up and grind)" but I can't say too much about them past 45

Edit: Oh right, and if you click on your map, OR on your questtrackershit, you will auto-horse if it's further than a little bit.

I know dude, I played the game, I got 3 people to level 40. The quests loving suck and I hate them and I find killing mobs mindlessly a hell of a lot more enjoyable than clicking a link and watching my character path horribly.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

ACcept my goddamn invite

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

funakupo posted:

Excellent structure, we are ensured success at being goons. Xibo really is a talker, man that guy can gab.

edit: Is there a reason for more pokemon, aside from collectathon? I have 2 now; switched to maid because the emei-dropping-sceptor got tiring to witness. Do we have a companion tips anywhere?

They have different skills and personalities that affect how often they attack I guess. You can teach them to buff you as well.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Someone please make me their crony so I can get that fat stack salary at the end of the week.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Liberatore posted:

Congratulations, you're now my crony!

P.S.: Paychecks are disabled. We only get XP for now.

You removed me as your crony :mad:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

What are the chances this patch actually does anything to spam or botting.

Hint: none

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Why do the people I'm crony'd to keep loving losing their position. This is bullshit.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Once I have a non-red name botting will be much easier for me, but I still have been able to leave it on when I sleep and wake up not murdered. It just takes a while to find a spot that is void of people. Which is hard at level 56.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

E'mei have to aim big time.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I want to try and get a group together to tackle both alliance leader scorp and east sector but no one seems effort enough to actually try in instances and die multiple times in hero. Why are you all so bad at this game?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

If you kneel at scorpions they disappear, what does it mean? WHAT CAN IT MEAN????

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So the hero pack level 60 brush case things can only be used on Hero mode, which means you have to find 5 level 60+ people to help you kill this boss who will probably want to also roll on whatever drops. So you gotta find people who also have the hero pack so at least it's fair and everyone can do runs and that's what, 60 runs? Goddamnit.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Also this whole I sell guild events things doesn't make any sense when the room west of the crossbow doesn't drop anything that isn't bound. If I wanted to actually sell something I would go to the water room and wait for the gold chests which actually drop loving starmetal.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

We need to do more 60 instance start getting on earlier 60s :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Kylra posted:

The game is going "live" on the 29th. We'll get access to THE DEMON PIT whatever that is. And supposedly more anti-bot measures.

According to the forums it's another way to get skill scrolls besides world without thieves and arena, Thank the gently caress god.

• Locked thread