Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Downloading this now. Is it too early still to say whether Swordsman's Guild v Guild will have similar tactics as Wushu? And is there a school similar to WV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Applied as JuanHLowe. This can't go wrong.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Man, I remember saving up my allowance to buy this LP.

Also, I really need to get a hold of some of the level 40 crafting mats from whatever instances they drop in. I just recently noticed that some of the stuff I am wearing is still level 30, and one piece is level 20. So, if any late night goons want to burn some instance points...

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Hy_C posted:

^^^^^Harmony/Splendor/S&M have thier roles in guild Pvp. A S&M can pull people out of the line into the group. From what I experienced I group arena, Splendors jump anyone out my themselves or pulled out incredibly fast. Basically if you find anyone out by themselves or pulled out, you can close the gap with one of your many charging moves and deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time. I suspect harmony would do the same since both classes have some of the highest single target damage.

If there are any mechanics currently, or added later, similar to those is AoW like the burning buildings, bucket brigades, the channeled group buffs, or anything away from the big blobs these classes would be great. At least S&M, since that is the only one I've played so far.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

2) How are you suppose to level from 40 onwards? Is it just grinding/botting mobs?

To add on to the previous advice, save questing till after you have run out of World and Dungeon energy. And if you have run out of quests, there is a repeatable 50 quests/day chain that scales to your level and ramps up every 10 quests or so. Look for Shie Fon in Luo Yang. The quests are super easy and super dull, but you can do them semi-afk.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Zaodai posted:

Stupid newbie question(s) time.

1) There was an Event that said for level 10+ (unlike most of the ones that were 31+) that was to destroy the Blade Rain gang. It said to basically go to any of the areas outside the major cities, and I had to head to one of those for quests anyway, but I couldn't find out how I was supposed to complete that event. I assume Blade Rain guys would randomly spawn in one of those areas and none of them happened to be in Wu Tang mountain when I was there?

2) Do I end up getting my first slave companion through the main quest chain or do I have to go capture one somewhere?

3) I'm only level ~22 on my Shaolin guy so far, is it better for GoonTang if I hold off on applying until I'm a higher level so as to not take up a slot?

1 - The mobs spawn randomly and roam around. Kill them and maybe get some nice crafting mats.

2 - You should get your first one through a quest yes. Maybe at your school, I can't remember.

3 - Apply away. Tutors looking for students will welcome the points I think.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

TomSTAR posted:

Anyone getting a "Map currently unavailable, move to a birth location?" at the character select screen? Wtf does that exactly mean? I cannot access my main character at this moment because of this message, yet I can log onto an alt.

I'm having this problem too, and submitted a ticket. Out of curiosity, were you zoning into another area when you got disconnected?

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Liberatore posted:

That seems unnecessary. Claymore's servers are going to poo poo right now; Most zones have crashed, so if you were in one of them when it happened, you can't play at the moment. Luo Yang is fine, as are instances, and like 4 arena rooms.

What I'm saying is this is affecting everyone that plays on Claymore and it should be fixed soon.

I was in Luo Yang. I figured it was just another hiccough until others said they were in game and in Luo Yang. It seemed like a reasonable action at the time.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Aleth posted:

What a wanker. He does realise this is a game, right?

My guess...gold sellers. It wouldn't just be a game then. :tinfoil:

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Pavlov posted:

I'm not really sure how I feel about the bots. I haven't used it so far, mostly due to an aversion I've had from previous games, but with leveling getting so much slower post 50 I'm considering it. I'm just afraid botting is eventually going to become almost a requirement for leveling, cus I just find it silly when the best way to play a game is to have it play itself.

It is a substitute for a rest bonus, which the game does not give. It isn't the best source of XP, but it is decent and noticeable. Quests, events, and instances are still far better sources of XP and other things. Besides, it is sort of mesmerizing to watch like watching a disk defrag except with violence and ragdoll physics.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

Do you guys want to move those extra treasure hunts to Wednesday and Thursday?
Or do you want to change those extra treasure hunts to massacres?

I like the three events on Friday and Saturday (My Saturday and Sunday) since those are the only days I see them along with Bamboo/Vermin/Mirage and feasts.

Ugh, there really needs to be a third event type.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Third? I consider Vermin/Mirage their own type, but even ignoring that, you're forgetting The Way of the Dragon.

Either way, between between Vermin for KFP pills, Bamboo, The Way of the Dragon, A World Without Thieves, guild events, kidnapping, hijacks, bonus quests, blade rain gang, arena dailies, harmonious world, instances, botting and eventually matched arena along with plenty of things I'm surely forgetting, there's an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game to the point where it's nearly impossible to fit it all in a day. Which is why the only things I try to not skip are thieves and arena dailies.

I meant guild events of which there are only two types as far as I am aware. Anyway, yeah during the days server time there is a glut of things to do. It is barren late at night server time. The vast majority of things cut off after midnight. It isn't a huge issue. I am used to it living in Australia. I was simply putting in my two cents on guild events.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

The Quake posted:

According to the forums it's another way to get skill scrolls besides world without thieves and arena, Thank the gently caress god.

If it is another timezone lockout thing...well, I don't know. I'll probably do nothing about it. Stop being racist (time-ist?) against your moon brothers!

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Of which there's like... Two? As far as I know, Way of the Dragon and matched arena (which isn't even working) are the only events that happen only during the night, if you exclude the Sunday world bosses, which most of us don't even do anyway. Bamboo happens twice a day, at 12:00-14:00 and at 20:00-22:00. Vermin and Mirage happen every two hours. Blade Rain Gang is every hour.

If there's anything this game does right over Wushu it's not locking people out of important events because they can't play during a specific period in the night.

I normally get home from work just before 24:00 server time. If I rush right in directly to my PC, login, and spam the poo poo out of chat for a Mirage group I might get one or two in provided we beat the bots. :effort: Vermin is already over by then. Bamboo has been shut for almost 2 hours. 10, 11, and 12 hours later I am either sleeping or back at work. The simple fact is if you live on the other side of the planet, and keep somewhat normal hours you are indeed locked out of the three most popular events. I am sure there is a good reason for that 10-12 hour break, but I fail to see it.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Aleth posted:

Patch notes

Entrances will appear in various Dungeon Depths at 15:10, 17:10, 19:10, 21:10, and 23:10 every day.

Godammit :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Here's an example of the captcha system they implemented to deter bots

Edit - Please note the Financial Manager guild bonus quests have the captcha as well. If you fail the captcha you lose one quest turn in.

That is a much more secure Captcha than I was expecting. I'm shocked.

• Locked thread