Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Whilst the server issues are ongoing the whining in the official forums is rather an entertaining read. Have these people never been in an MMO launch before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
What a handsome devil.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You can pick as you want - you can do point & click or Neverwintery-action controls and change whenever you like.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Drinkfist posted:

There is a button to kiss under the umbrella too.

Totally worth the 800 sycee.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

HotBobaloo posted:

Anyone seem to have an issue where when launching SM from Arc, the patcher gets stuck at connecting to server? Seems pretty random, but annoying.

Not had any connection issues here from the UK yet, just the odd ctd with lots of angry chinese report windows popping up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I shudder to think what some 'serious' guilds are doing with it all.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Third World Reggin posted:

I turned on salary for officers.

You steal the guilds unbound and turn it into your bound money.

You also get even more experience now if you are an officer.

Go visit the Financial Manager.

Do we need the guild funds for upgrades or is it purely there for embezzlement?

Also as a Brit I'd prefer the events at weekends and I imagine Euros further east would be the same rather than having stuff during the work week we have to sit up in the early hours for. It is a US server though so that's more our problem so gently caress us if you yanks prefer to spread it through the week.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Mad with power.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Hy_C posted:

Server's back up boys.

Dead again!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Needs more Union Jack.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Actually he got promoted!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Rate your officers, it affects their pay.

Speaking of which now I actually have powers what is the current policy on applicants? Are we still taking pretty much anyone who applies with no referral as White Tigers or being a bit more selective right now? We've got 8 at the moment none of whom have a referral or post in this thread, although one has the bio 'hitler did nothing wrong' and one is from that guild we slaughtered last night.

\/ Got 9 spots free so unless I see them get a referral or post in here I'll reject them later today.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 12, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

We own salt harbor. Our guild HQ is there.

You still enter the HQ the same way via cities.

We will have repeatable quests for unbound some time in the future.

EDIT: chat log, oh boy

http://i.imgur.com/S0fIP8Y.jpg

What a wanker. He does realise this is a game, right?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry I missed the defence - was botting overnight and it looks like that was ~4am my time. :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Bonus quests are now available, allowed to two a day for ~12 unbound silver a pop. Also lets you complete the Bandit Camp quests from the finance manager though for guild scrolls/hooks/fish tickets.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

skystream92 posted:

How good is crafted stuff? Haven't tried crafting anything yet because I thought it sucked.

I just knocked this out earlier today and bumped it up to +3:

Get a decent roll on the random green stats and it's not bad gear. Important to note that '#0 level' crafted gear is actually #8, so level 40 gear crafts as 48, 50 as 58 and so on. Weapons I think are #2? Amulets and poo poo at #5.

Potions and food though are completely worth it as you'll get plenty of materials for them and you need to craft that at higher levels rather than relying on potion/food drops.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You're kidding me, LemonKush actually quit to go eat farts in peace?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I, too, saw some pixelman open pixels to get more pixels.

\/ Got you.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 20, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Coming this weekend: parrots and fox mounts (for charging sycee).

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'd like to be on helping the massacre but arc login servers are toast right now.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
HyC did pretty well considering how rusty he was and how little practice he had with that combo he was using.

\/ Yeah, it's been quite entertaining. Shame there were so many defaults though.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 26, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, venoms is a lot of fun and watching people panic as you turn the floor into a death pit never gets old.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Found my bloody 60 set pendant at last for a measly 6g, so now I have the full 8 piece bonus of +166 to all stats. Oh, and Lib got his loving skill scroll finally in Thieves.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Patch notes for later today:

quote:

NEW CONTENT

Players will be able to enter the Demon Pit. Brave the depths of this 9 floor catacomb to claim powerful equipment and precious gems, but beware its master, the Crystal Empress, who leads a ghostly host against all who would plunder her domain. Entrances will appear in various Dungeon Depths at 15:10, 17:10, 19:10, 21:10, and 23:10 every day.

IMPROVEMENTS**

Captchas are now required to enter the Mirage Cavern and Vermin Lair event instances.
All drops from the Mirage Cavern and Vermin Lair event instances are now bound, except for Ancient Coins.

BUG FIXES

Translated text that appears in Bandit Camp Hijack missions.
Translated text that appears in various Bounty Board missions.
Added description text to various Marketplace items.

**These efforts and improvements are being made to curb both the practice of and rewards from botting. We'll continue to combat it and make sure that you will always have a fair and enjoyable experience while playing Swordsman.

Yay, captchas.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Launch day madness.

So, who's rerolling to get in on the launch day contest? Lib?

quote:

We’re giving new warriors a fresh start with our live launch. Starting tomorrow, 7/29/14, at 2 P.M. PDT (Pacific), we’re going to begin a brand-new leveling contest to see which Swordsman warrior is the most motivated and dedicated to martial arts. For two weeks until August 12, 2014 at 2 P.M. PDT (Pacific), players will have a chance to race to the top by creating a new character and leveling him or her as quickly as possible by our deadline in a race to the top! Experience boosters are allowed during this contest, if you wish to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some nice open beta stats in the live article.

quote:

Roaring Tiger Crate is an upgraded version of the Tiger Crate w/ better chances at all items such as at the Tiger Tamer fashion (10x better) and the Roaring Tiger Mount (5x better).

10 and 5 times gently caress all is still gently caress all.

• Locked thread