Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
So i assume there is going to be an US west and east servers, and i hope we'll be going to the east one for atleast somewhat manageable ping for us europeans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Haroshia posted:

If we roll up on US East, I'd like us to not necessarily start all guild events at 7:00 PM EST. That's like, 4:00 PM PST, which fucks over our west coasties. I'd say we start more at 8:00 PM EST or maybe even later if we only have one event to do. Something to consider once we start rolling in events.

This would be a problem to europeans though, since 7pm est is 2am here in gmt+3, going much later would bring up the AoW problem again where it's not feasible to attend guild events at all(its already pretty bad)

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Haroshia posted:

Well 7:00 PM EST is the earliest we can do guild stuff.

And like i said 7pm is still somewhat manageable, starting later gets nasty.

Maybe make a compromise and hold some guild events earlier and others later.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 30, 2014

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Yesterday was the last day to buy them i think.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

BERGfu posted:

not long now. I think

holding my breath!

poo poo looks like its 2pm pdt

Delerion fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 1, 2014

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Looks like there's going to be two US East servers, claymore and rapier.

Also level cap is 89 for the moment.

http://forums.arcgames.com/en/#/discussion/1282/swordsman-open-beta-faq

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
If everything works as it should i'll be in as an emei with name Dele if it's available tonight.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Not up for me either.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

PWE FAQ posted:

Q: I purchased a pack before the deadline on Sunday, June 29, 2014, at 11:59 PM PDT, but I still can't log in to play.
A: We sincerely apologize that you cannot log in currently. We will do our best to help you get in-game, and if you still can't after we verify it, we will award you with items for the inconvenience.

The first step is to send in a ticket to our Support Team.
Our Support Team will verify that you are eligible for early access.
If you still cannot log in, we will note your account. In the near future, we will be sending affected accounts an email with a code for an additional Leveling Pack, valued at nearly $60 USD, which players will be able to use on another character on their account.

Atleast they're giving something to people affected by this, though i wonder if the leveling pack is actually valued close to 60$

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Looks like they're restarting the servers to fix the login issue, yay.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
I'm now able to login.

I believe i have managed to create anime.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 2, 2014

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Some info for other europeans thinking to join us on Claymore:

The ping is only around ~90 for me from Finland, but it does lag a bit in arena pvp, i would recommend battleping/wtfast or such once they add support to it, the isnt noticeable in pve at all.

Timezone is a larger problem, its apparently CST, and guild events can be started at 7pm, this is for example 3am in gmt+3. Other events have multiple times they can be entered(like bamboo) which are earlier and much more manageable.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
The servers are down for maintenance and according to their facebook it'll be open beta for all after that.

edit: servers up

Delerion fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 3, 2014

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
They went down again, i got in for a minute or two and got kicked out.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

My emei doesn't gently caress around, not even during feasts.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 4, 2014

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
If you want to join the euro squad or have questions about playing this game from europe message 'Dele' in game.

If you already are in a branch you'll have to ask Grithok to move you into the eurosquad.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
I've been doing quite a bit of pvp on my emei and was the highest in the tactics arena until some other poopsocker had a higher character level than me since it ranks by tactics score first and character level second.

As an emei, hardest fights i've had have been against infinity, wudang and harmony.

Infinity's and Wudang's defensive oriented gameplay makes it harder to find mistakes which emei can capitalize on heavily and do a 30-50% health damage combo.

Harmony acupuncture is by far the best in the game and they can follow it up with a large damage combo.

Wudang's acupuncture can be dodged if you know it's coming, same with zephyr but they are both quite strong.

Koop message me in game when you have time and i can show you some of the emei combos, my char name is Dele.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 8, 2014

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Pavlov posted:

Can grabs be countered?

My grab has been countered by an infinity so i think so, but this was mid-fight so i haven't tested it out with purpose.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Lorem ipsum posted:

Is countering the same as blocking? Also is there more to blocking then pressing x? I feel like I missed a tutorial or something along the way.

Counters are specific skills that some schools get that launch an counter whenever you get attacked, blocking is just pressing x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
I guess 60 gear being good is nice since the grind 60+ is getting really soul-crushing, i got bored of the mandatory bamboo and hijacks/day very soon after hitting 60.

The fun part of the game seems to be the arenas so far though where gear mostly doesn't matter and the only reason to level past 40 is to get another skillslot at 60.

• Locked thread