Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I think I'm gonna stick with harmony and keep narutoing all over the place with clones and poo poo. But I do like tanking in mmos so I dunno being apart of the wu-tang clan would be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's also not run by snail games and oh my god that cannot be mentioned enough.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah the beta doesn't start till the 1st.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Forer posted:

So how is 3v3 pvp anyway, it sounds like a lot of it would end up being smear the tong or whatever, and if you have an extra person then you win.

Nah I don't think so you have a lot of classes with aoe lockdowns which lets the tong focus fire someone down unharassed. I'd think in a 3v3 with them you should be focusing on the weakest one first to take advantage of the burst damage out the gate.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Emei shoot poo poo too just not from a gun!

Also looking at some youtube videos I think I might go shaolin they look fun and punch the gently caress outta dudes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Click the first picture in the op.

I know that's why I'm thinkin shaolin. Plus everyone is gonna be naruto or wudang anyway.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Eh I don't think anyone is getting overly hyped about this since aside from like 4 people we've all played the beta. You can get to max class level in a few days of casual play and get to all the factionless stuff. It's not like wushu didn't take weeks of cultivating before you could even begin to think about doing anything with other players.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's up for me. All up in this as ShuujiKurosu.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

That's strange cause I see the server as up and got on no problem. So far shaolin seems way more meaty than harmony. Maybe it's just the flash effects and ground explosions but I like it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Also nobody actually has access to the bonus packs. The only thing anybody has is access to the server.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ihki posted:

^efb

So, uhh, looks like a member of a guild whose name bears a striking resemblance to Wushu's VietUnited isn't pulling any punches verbally owning the evil & rude Goontang on global chat. That's beautiful, looks like we have rivals.

But why would viets play on USEast? They can read right :confused:

A lot of the wushu refugees seemed to end up at the same server for some reason.

Also we made enemies before that when we made fun of huntter (with two t's) so much he disbanded his guild a few minutes after making it. He seems to also have ill will towards goons.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Like people were saying yesterday we could also arrange the other branches to actually mean something if necessary but I doubt it will be an issue. Aside from the south side being full of immigrants there's not much for the other branches to focus on.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I hope well informed guy is never taken because it's all too fitting for goons.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Dryzen posted:

If people are interested in it, and hopefully there are, we should totally start doing arena practices every night. It's a great way to learn your class and a lot of fun too.

Fight club would be a good idea. Sets work a bit differently when you aren't fighting npcs and learning what works better is pretty handy. For example people should learn that jumping alone does not defeat harmony.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think weapon crafting might be useful late game but early on the gear tokens are so plentiful that the blue weapons are good enough.

Also for anyone thinking about what school to go you should probably remember that this isn't wushu and your gonna end up doing stuff depending on your choice. Your gonna be tanking healing or whatever depending on your school so keep that in mind. Most schools can do some decent dps but specialize in one are like if you really wanna do the most single target dps you should go harmony, if you wanna heal go emei, ect.

Pavlov posted:

I thought Wu Tang was supposed to be good in group pvp? The early leveling is so fast that I'm leveling all 3 slots right now. Game's so new the only way to really get a sense of a class is to play it. I'm in the clan as a Wu Tang just because that's the first one I tried.

Wu tang have group lockdowns but not as much aoe damage as other schools. They keep guys in one spot as tanks but you need another class for superior aoe damage.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

I get on the forums for the first time in a few weeks after some intense job poo poo to find this message: "Get over here to Swordsman Online. It is really fun and has a fuckton of zainy poo poo going on." - Drinkfist.

Looks like I'm playing another loving MMO. WOOHOO!

It's pretty fun and even plays itself if you want it to!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Between clan positions, gangs, and relationships they certainly aren't lacking for ways to order people.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

nucleicmaxid posted:

Holy poo poo did we just get a Chinagame j4g?

Woulnd't be the first time.

Maybe the first time they are shouting about white power but not the first j4g.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Are you suggesting that Goontang might be... Master Racists? :razz:

Even Speed Racer knows kung fu.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

aleksendr posted:

Beautiful.

If only the tools and saucepan did not look like they are used to cook meth on slow day,

It's the advantage of a system where you can learn multiple crafting professions.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So the ratings for all the officers are in.

You lazy fucks.

Everyone is 4.8, 4.9, or 5.0.

Just as planned.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Shaolin has a form called Arhat Fist form. That and them being Shaolin monks suggest they'd have at least some standard unarmed Kung Fu to beat people up with.

Arhat Fist is amazing. It's got everything and the ability to do this

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

That makes me feel even better about starting to work on my Shaolin alt tonight. I'm not really feeling Splendor. I mean, it works fine. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt it's very good.

But through 8 levels of Shaolin so far, I find it much more fun despite only having one attack ability. It just feels more satisfying. I don't really mind the lack of damage since the exchange is being tanky as all gently caress.

It's strange how anemic the Shaolin first set is but the second set is loaded with options and Arhat Fist has so many moves it gets a scroll bar in the kung fu menu.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

As soon as I logged in tonight I got a big alert that Alcoholic had gotten married to someone. Was that our Alcoholic? I imagine there were plenty of drunks getting married in ancient china.

Events may have occurred in a dungeon to lead to HyC and Alc getting engaged by accident.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Well I found next next chinagame for 2 years from now when Swordsman goes to poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

poo poo looks straight baller.

As for the now there are plenty of goons and pubbies who are at <50 contribution points who joined days ago so there is plenty of room for culling.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm not sure those block the roar channel.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

That's cold swordsman online.

So how do you level up crafting past level 4? None of the towns have trainers that go past 4 and the guild just has 5+ recipes but not training.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They probably open at 50 then oh well.

Also please stop submitting all rumor info you find.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

We need to do a stupid tournament, where the winner gets a novelty guild position/title. Maybe a hat.

PS; Arena fights are rad, do it. Anyone can do it. Don't do it with Chen or HyC. (Except do they're bad)

Seriously I beat HyC when I didn't know what I was doing. Protip blocking is useful.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I don't usually have time to play until around midnight eastern, so I'm not around until well after guild events are done during the week. I'll just make sure I get my kidnaps done each day to contribute and see if anybody else needs Hijacks when I get mine.

Even plain rear end white hijacks still give a ton of xp and guild funds so it's always worth doing. There seems to be plenty of people around at all hours so just ask around when you're on and do some for fun and profit.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What we should do is get 5 yam piles instead of meat and this other garbage that is not the glory of the yam.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man you never bet on cross country movers. Actually just never use cross country movers just get a pods or something and pay some friends to help you.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

KoldPT posted:

Shaolin have a ton of fun skills. Play this class.

This is what I'm going with right now, but the only skills there that I'd say are absolutely amazing are the heal in the first set, the staff vacuum in the second, and the Arhat Fist triple kick for mobility's sake. Everything else I'm kinda swapping in and out.

Shaolin can absolutely demolish bosses too with the stacks of damage over time abilities. Throw down the vaccume then fully charge the ripple and finish it up by going full jojo with multitude. Just a gently caress ton of damage if it's all ontop of a boss at once. It's a bit different in pvp since you can't always charge it up but I think arhat is viable just not as good as throwing some staff in as well.

I think the difference is that an arhat pvp set just plays radically different and is just all pressure all the time. A lot of classes have problems in the air but a lot of arhat fist works in the air or gets better like the drop.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haro you can't keep saying you don't give a poo poo when you clearly do.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

To be honest it's generally normal for guys in your position to not be front and center poo poo talking. Maybe you'll poo poo talk in a refined forum post or something, but nobody expects you to be PMing every random dickhead talking smack about what is happening. That's what no name members like me are for, and for mid-level officers. It's expected I would roar "More like Dynasty of Unremitting Failure". What happens next is an equally no name member poo poo talks me.

It's weird for the guild leader to start poo poo talking me.

I think it's more they just don't care what we think of them. I seriously doubt we will ever see a real alliance with them. So far the peace talks have been entirely one sided and for something as simple as pushing a button they sure are dragging it out. I know haro and grith keep saying its in response to alc or whatever latest incident but I'm not so sure there was ever anything but hostile intentions from the start.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I said it from the beginning that all ZD wants is for everyone to lick their butts. Let's just go ally with united at least they don't have hunTTer.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I am changing red pheonix to be the goons who liked delebux and putting you in charge of it.

So I'm in charge of no one then?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

BERGfu posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress those are. This is going to end terribly.

If you give me rare items and cash shop items I will give you delabux that you can cash in for rewards!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

angerbot posted:

The bot feature is really more useful to me for collecting crafting materials, as you can't buy the potions/food you need after level 50. Of course the bot uses a fair amount of potions if you let it.

I agree the biggest benefit of the bot is not the xp but the mats and automatic item leveling up.

Gear is such a crucial part of this game and leveling your gear up is absolutely vital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Shocking. No wait the opposite of that.

• Locked thread