Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

angerbot posted:

The thing about crafting is that while <Willow Branch> or whatever drops pretty commonly, it doesn't tell you where it drops. Your child slave will happily run along behind you picking things up to shove in your materials bag, but it may not be the things you need, and there don't seem to be resource nodes of any kind so if <Not Speaking Up Taoist> drops <Willow Branch>, prepare to grind there for a bit. I guess you can just turn on the game auto-botting system, I never tried that much.

No, need to worry about that. First, it seems the majority of the mobs in an area of a specific level drop crafting items of that level range. So almost all of the enemies in the Shaolin area drop level 3 crafting drops. Second the Bosom Friend quests occasionally have you collecting mats and they'll give you a list of every mob that drops that mat, so we can get lists of what drops what pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Third World Reggin posted:

You should get experience out of it. They can also come with prizes.

We have seen a few kinds of chests and there may be more. There is one that spawns a lady who challenges you to bejeweled.

These things also some how appear in the treasure hunt guild event.

Speaking of strange events, did anyone else get and actually get to use the weird artifact theft masks, or were those not working during the beta?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Haroshia posted:

Only if you'll walk me through how to on mumble senpai.

Really the only reason anyone comes in mumble is to listen to Reggin's dulcet tones.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Jackard posted:

Yeaaaaa I'm working two jobs so that sounds like too much.

I wouldn't worry about it. I just consider it 40 levels of grinding and 49 levels of end game where your just dicking around doing whatever you find fun. Be it events, arena, or guild stuff.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Baron O Beefdip posted:

What are guild wars actually like in this game? Could someone describe the basic "flow" of a guild war?

Anywhere, anytime, except for the hour when that guild is under protection. There are multiple types, but we've only done Show of Force(?) so far.

What happened for Show of Force was basically you go declare to the NPC at their base, then there are 15 minutes of prep time before the actual fight starts. Once the fight is on the objectives are simple: Kill two named NPCs, and their flag.

The first time we did it these were the Feast Master, and Financial Manager. Killing one means something bad happens to them. So killing the Feast Master means said guild can't have Feasts for an hour, and killing the Financial Manager gives them a -15%(?) experience debuff. Finally their flag which is a giant sack of HP. If you manage to kill the flag you get to deface their base with some graffiti.

And that's about it so far unless we managed to do one of the other types when I wasn't around.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

I'd like you all to meet #250 and his good buddy #008, they fight crime.

I don't think #008 is long for this world though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Hrm... I think this guy might just be telling me sweet lies.

• Locked thread