Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

This thread is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Misbiopy posted:

There was a stream that I'm assuming everyone else missed this morning because the only way they announced it was via email, and they said the current level cap was 89, I think. They also said 5 servers, and then implied there were going to be a West and East US server, and then three european servers(one for French, one for German.)

This is kind of important on which server we will be on. I am guessing this can figured out July 1st if everyone is going for early beta by dropping ten bux or whatever.

EDIT: I'll drop ten bux I just need to do actual work over the weekend so I don't gently caress myself when we rush this game

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hey Grith should I stick with Wu tang? I'm not sure what the guild will play out but the tai chi moves at level 40 make pve stuff a joke. I just get manhandled by range in 1v1

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

They excel in group situations but there is one blood of evil guy that says they own 1v1.

It is one of those things we just gotta explore more.

That's what I figured and honestly unlike every other mmo I'm not going to need to grind out days of my life to get to something that's fessible if turns out Wu-Tang are somewhat iffy about 1v1.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

less than two days for china game!

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

You should get experience out of it. They can also come with prizes.

We have seen a few kinds of chests and there may be more. There is one that spawns a lady who challenges you to bejeweled.

These things also some how appear in the treasure hunt guild event.

I like how that guild event's rewards reset if you log out and back in. Probably will be fixed in the beta.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

It is better than that. The tutor can give 15% exp every 30 minutes all day long. The student can request it 5 times a day say if the tutor wasn't online.

uh oh!

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

not really were just going to max ourselves out asap

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

Running the bot is also, at least at lower levels, a really good way to upgrade equipment since it can be set to auto-upgrade your stuff using the greens that drop while grinding.

Yeah that's a good point though I'd try to run all the swordsman quests for hero tokens to get blues then upgrade those. There's a serious difference in the ranks of blue and green items. I haven't seen a purple or gold.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

How important would you say gear is, both in general and....lets say in comparison to Wushu? I know in Age of Wushu the quality of my throwing items on my Tang could make a *massive* difference in the amount of damage I put out.

Well since we couldn't really get that far into meridians, gear played a huge difference as in thousands of DPS or tanking on specific items. fights where I would work my rear end off to a close victory or loss would have played out quite differently if I had the gear I equipped closer to the end of the beta. This being said I didn't actually level past 42 the end week. Though if you know how to chain CC gear won't mean poo poo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm totally playing a woman so I can marry and have the stupid cart parade around the main town.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Grith here's something we can ad to the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

upping the game with more videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1ym3yggR4

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

not long now. I think

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well here we are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfLgXJpQd0

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

Man what level was this? Clearly I did not play the beta long enough.

e: Sorry I ever doubted you Reggin, clearly I should have known better.

He's actually not being facetiousness about the pokeman thing either. You want the pet maid, you go and beat up maids until you can cast the capture item on them. Level wise I think it was 25

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

Clearly insane Taoist pokemon master must now be my life goal.

e: I also can't believe this isn't something I heard people talking about while playing. I don't know that I'd ever *stop* talking about it.

They literally will pick up items and sell them for you.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well this is interesting. I have early access but I can't launch the game.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

From what I can see it isn't open yet or the right time for like 4 hours.

Oh then how are people able to see the servers or is this related to something completely else?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

You mean the ones listed in that beta faq on their forums?

there we go. I thought you guys were able to launch the game and could see that already.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well whatever while I wait more china videos.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTQCzJN0O1c

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Opps that's not even Chinaez

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQDQpNp8szo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

These all give you a cool title. Show it off when ten pubbies chase you down but can't do anything because you're on a horse.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also guys claim this tutor stuff. I know Grithok and Drinkfish have posted thier codes on page 8.

hit escape and go to tutor button and input the code for freebies.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The Quake posted:

ACcept my goddamn invite

Grith is going to setup a listing for command people who can accept and run events and stuff. If you need in please add me @BERGfu in the game and I can get you in and setup if you're level 20

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Lemon King posted:

Yeah, I missed the fine print on the guild application interface.

So I guess you'll be able to apply in like 20 mins or so

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Phoix posted:

Applied as Bivens.

I don't see you in the list? Are you level 20 yet?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

If you can't find grith just ask in chat or mumble and several people should be able to move you.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQlQQDP6hNY

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also congratulations on goon team six for wiping out a small guild village of four members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKaYOW9zMoY&t=80s

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Just a suggestion to not turn on public notification that you are a tutor and taking students. You will get awash in notifications. That being said, I have room for one more student.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hy_C posted:

I've bet 10 unbound silver WerkWerk's furniture will not arrive tomorrow.

Taking that bet. Agreed if it arrives you owe me, if not I'll pay out.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

If anyone is hard up for guild credit or other stuff just raid carts. You only get experience for the first three but there is almost always someone who needs to run some and you still get gold and guild credit.

So the ratings for all the officers are in.

You lazy fucks.

Everyone is 4.8, 4.9, or 5.0.

Oh yeah poo poo bag UI totally helped with that.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Kylra posted:

How many alts will I need?

as many as you'll need to figure out what you'd like to play. Each class has different cool downs and setups so it affects your play style one way or another.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ihki posted:

To add, looks like this is a lot easier - and less resource intensive - with this nifty piece of software I'd forgotten: http://www.sandboxie.com/

e: in short, you want to run arc folder\arc.exe with it.

I guess if I get bored I'll try this out and if something happens or I get banned for running a vermin mirage farm I'll let you guys know.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ihki posted:

I have my doubts whether PWE gives a gently caress even if you run five clients, but two is the amount they explicitly allow. If you don't want to risk getting banned, think twice about those mirage/vermin farming groups. I'll probably get one going anyway, get banned and just cry and bitch and moan myself out of it for "not knowing these draconian rules" :greenangel:

Honestly the only pain I see in this whole thing is setting up several bogus emails accounts to run this thing.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also just found out that bots will engage random world bosses. Pull the boss over and watch the bots smack it and sit there for 20 minutes trying to tank it and die.

edit: What happened here?

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Bot pathing to return for food and potions sends you close to a pack of mobs. They ran out and died.

I won't bot there in the zone because of that.

That's hilarious. There was literally ten bodies sitting on the ground around me.

• Locked thread