Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Misbiopy posted:

it isn't run by Snail.

Sign me up. Snail's incompetence killed chinagame for me.

Is there any school that has bonuses to speed or mobility? I loved that scholar second internal in Wushu with Hell Wind.

I just noticed the open beta starts on the first day of my vacation. It must be a sign. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I recommend Three Kingdoms (2010) for anyone wanting some ancient chinese action to help get in the mood. It's incredibly long, but all up on youtube. That old image of Cao Cao laughing at Yuan Shao got me to try it out and I didn't regret the ride.

It also features liu bei throwing a baby on the ground. :china:

Are we using CTS or do we have our own mumble set up?

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure I'll be rolling with Zephyr to start out. Can't wait to fight some chinamen with my magic ice-making GBS threads fan dude.
Just wish that early access wasn't so late in the drat day :negative:

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Just applied to the clan under Tyrus. Hopefully this isn't like AoW where I have to be online to get accepted.

Finally went with Emei for my first character. This story is terribly awesome.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Nothing good ever came from reading forums.

:justpost:

The swordsman forums are particularly bad, I have never seen a community so in arms over having pvp in a pvp game. I just hit 30 tonight so I'm excited to start killing them.

Didn't the early access start around 4PM EST or something? I'd assume the open beta would officially open the same time.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

My character moves like a slug, even in the so-called "run" mode. How do I move faster?

You wont be able to move about as fast in swordsman as you can in AoW. Most of the movement skills are similar between the two (although a few seem to be missing or limited to cutscenes) but you get noticeably less stamina in swordsman. I still personally like it but it will be a noticeable difference if you played wushu recently.

I don't know if certain schools get more movement speedups or options yet, but it's still not bad with the speed up and horses.

Overall im really digging the combat and enjoying myself. Swordsman seems to still have that chinagame kookiness while being a lot more accessible and easier to pick up. Also it can't be said enough that you have to give the game a chance until you get your second set at 20, it opens up much more at that point.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I think I'm officially in love with this game and my Emei, I have no idea what whats going on but im having a blast with it. Ended up killing 6 or 7 United guys that crashed our party/xp boost thing. There were so many people everywhere but we pushed them back - seemed like it was more than one guild that attacked too.

After last night and tonight I learned to go to always go to the feasts: Fun poo poo happens there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

We got room for two people who want kicking powers to clear out inactive people.

If you can't find anyone else I'll do it on Tyrus I guess. Something about swordsman is oddly enthralling to me so I don't think im going anywhere anytime soon. It's probably the fact that it's just not run by snail.

Also if anyone is up for it sometime in the morning I have like 6 strange papers so I'll probably be looking to get a group together for world without thieves. Just need 17 more Yellow Papers until I can maybe make that Solar Form thing.

It's probably foing to be worthless anyways but I can't ignore the dangling carrot in front of me. :negative:

• Locked thread