Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Running the bot is also, at least at lower levels, a really good way to upgrade equipment since it can be set to auto-upgrade your stuff using the greens that drop while grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Joining up again as Average.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

aleksendr posted:

This whole "pick a class and stick with it" design is hurting my enjoyment of the game. I cant pick on a school for my main to join the Clan. They all look nice on paper but that cant be true and all the first set are so basic and similar they give you no real fell of how the school really play in game.

Is there any school that the guild need to be stronger ? Might as well go for the greater good if i cant decide by myself. Meanwhile i'm trying to level everything to 20 on 4 accounts to get a better idea.

I loving hate it when a design ask you to make the most important choice for your character right out the start and without any information.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about my class choice as well. I played a Sun & Moon up to 40 in the closed beta, and I'm trying Wu-Tang out right now. Wu-Tang is definitely interesting, has a lot of cool maneuvers, but I really miss how much more offensively focused Sun & Moon is.

I think I'm going to wait until I get the Wu-Tang's third set before I make a decision though; it looks amazing and like it has some really powerful crowd control stuff.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Applying to the guild as Mundane in a bit and dropping out as Average. Wu-Tang is fun, but it's definitely not my playstyle, and I'm starting to adore Emei's box of tricks now that I've hit the second set. Time will tell if I abandon Emei for Sun and Moon eventually, but so far it's got the massive toolbox of skills that I generally like to have in these sorts of games, but is a little lacking in damage.

Edit: Tip to new players - USE POTIONS AND FOOD! They're cheap and keep you topped off for very little investment.

Dirk the Average fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 5, 2014

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

So after 40, what should I be doing every day? There are those repeatable board quests, all the guild stuff (kidnap/info/raid carts), the arena, the beggar, etc.

The guild stuff is non-negotiable; that needs to be done every day.

What else is good? What events should I be trying to hit, assuming that I'm going to play maybe 1-3 hours a day? Is the arena worth it? Are the board quests for hero marks worth it?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

So thinking a bit more about the in-game botting, I feel like using double xp on it is a bit wasteful. It seems like its primary use is to gain money, level up equipment (automatically! It's great!), and gather up crafting materials. This is doubly important after 40, since from my very limited experience it looks like mobs stop dropping potions and food at that point.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Iowa posted:

Vouching for this guy. He's a real life friend of mine who played Age of Wushu with us since around the time that game launched. He's LongDongHong, some of you probably know him. I promise he's not a Vietnamese white supremacist.

Well now I almost feel bad for psychic chokeslamming him earlier.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Guild events.

We will be doing them at 1900 or 2000 every day.

We will do one per day and two on friday, saturday, and sunday.

Monday will be the execution site
Then every other day but monday will have a massacre
Friday, saturday, and sunday we will have treasure raiding if available, plus the normal massacre.

We may replace a massacre with the execution site if it comes back up.

Also stop deducing these things you retards.

EDIT: if you need us to wait, let us know, and we will start to move it farther back.

I'd like to vote for 8:00 at the earliest for those of us on the West Coast. 6:00 Pacific time is just enough time to get off of your standard 9-5 job and make it to the game for an event. It also syncs up nicely with the guild protection time, which is convenient.

Edit: for the weekdays, weekends are a crapshoot for everyone

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

randombattle posted:

That's cold swordsman online.

So how do you level up crafting past level 4? None of the towns have trainers that go past 4 and the guild just has 5+ recipes but not training.

I thought cities went up to 5? If you're not 50, you can't get level 5 crafting training. Guild bases definitely have 6+ level training if you shop around a bit.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Does fight clubbing satisfy the whole participate in arena for kung fu pills thing?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Hy_C posted:

I prefer Wednesday and Thursday having the extra treasure hunts.

This is a good idea. Spread things out a bit so that more people get the bonuses and so that we can make sure that we can do all of the treasure hunt quests each time we do it.

If we must adhere to 3 events fri/sat and 1 event other days, then I vote for one treasure/day and to move the treasures to something like wed/thurs. Ideally we'd just do treasure hunting more or less every day though - it's a ton of XP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

ShadowMoo posted:

Eme'i are basically invincible in instances at low levels. Just soloed the first instance with poo poo gear at 16. What is the best thing to do with green and blue drops you can't use, sell them or is there some kind of disassembly system?

There is a disassembly system of sorts - you can refine gear with other gear. This destroys the trash you can't use and gives experience to the gear you are upgrading. The primary method of doing this later on in the game is using Self Cultivation (an in-game bot that unlocks at 30 and is usable at 35) to grind a bunch of enemies for you to get a bunch of drops to upgrade your gear.

I wouldn't really bother with getting more than +1 on your gear until your leveling pace slows down. Around 40 is a good point to start caring about gear refinement since your gear will last more than a few hours. At around 50, your gear will last for a couple of weeks or so, and at around 60 is when you start hunting for well rolled items and upgrading those, apparently.

• Locked thread