Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

angerbot posted:

You can have more than one character, it's insane.

This sounds like Wushu, but not a pile of rear end and fail like how it was once they hit release. :stare:

Is the crafting as insane as Wushu's? I know the OP said it had easier crafting but do you have to suffer through bad market mechanics for 12 hours just to make a pair of pants?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Forer posted:

While you're killing enemies you get items like Snokeweed (seriously) which is "used for level 30 potion crafting", what that means is you go to yoru crafter of choice, tell him to slap you so you learn a level of crafting, and tell him to slap you so you learn another, and another and watnot. Your level of crafting can be equal to YourLevel/10 (so level 30 = level 3 crafting) which makes level 30 potions, so you get the dude to slap you again so you learn the individual recipe up to level 5. Level 6 to 9 you have to go to the guild and have THEM teach you.

The hidden thing is crafting is REALLY REALLY expensive. Level 1 crafting to 2, not a big deal, like 20 silver. Level 2 to 3, not a big deal, like 50 silver. level 3 to 4, kinda a big deal, 1 gold. Each recipe also costs around the same amount it took to level it up, so if you want to take potionmaking and cooking (yes you do) it's 4 gold to get to level 5 in each, and 6 gold for your potionmaking and cooking ingredients, and that's a shitload.

This game however ALSO has unbound and bound liang (Silver coin vs silver note, silver note being bound)

If you make a potion and you want it to be an unbound potion, you have to pay for it with silver coin. How do you get silver coin?

We have 0 clue, the only way we found coins was by bamboo dreams, and that was a low low amount of money so nobody has a clue.

The interesting thing too is it may not be worthwhile to craft potions or food anyway, since you can just buy them (at least up to level 4) so MAYBE crafting is worthwhile?

But no, example to answer the question. If you want to make a sword, you go out there to the battlefield, kill like 20 crocodiles, take 20 crocodile teeth and make them into a sword, and glue the teeth together with the silver coins melted down. Because you used silver coins you can also then give the toothsword to someone else. To upgrade the sword from +0 to +1 you take OTHER equipment like pants you found on the crocodile, and melt them into the toothsword to give the toothsword experience, the pants you get MUST ALSO be unbound or it becomes bound to you so it's probably better to just sell it to the dude and tell him to upgrade it.

It sounds as insane as Wushu's crafting, but without the hassle of desperately trying to find/buy the ingredients for a pair of pants as fifty goons shriek in your ears about their lower bodies being nude. That's perfect. :allears:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 29, 2014

• Locked thread